While I'm still not able to test the preview myself one question is really important for me and I'd like to get some feedback from the guys, who are already testing the preview build - how is the app switching in W10 - are there our well known "Resuming..." screens? That's really one of the only things, which is annoying me in 8.1
    02-13-2015 02:07 AM
    Resuming still occurs, at least everywhere I am used to seeing it, but instead of the word resuming and the dots gliding in and off screen there is just a full screen flash of your theme colour - I don't know if this is supposed to disguise the wait in a less antagonising way, but I don't like it.
    02-13-2015 02:14 AM
    I havent seen the resuming / dots on my Lumia 630 so far.
    Switch between apps is nearly instant. Even going back to the music app is fast as never seen in 8.1.
    02-13-2015 03:02 AM
    Thanks! What about resuming in messengers - Skype, Viber, Messenger?
    02-13-2015 03:49 AM
    Resuming still occurs, at least everywhere I am used to seeing it, but instead of the word resuming and the dots gliding in and off screen there is just a full screen flash of your theme colour - I don't know if this is supposed to disguise the wait in a less antagonising way, but I don't like it.
    Agreed it's very annoying, especially if you have a bright theme colour....I use the orange one :(
    02-13-2015 03:55 AM
    I've tried telegram and WhatsApp. Both are very fast resuming. Skype is different. The app reopens also pretty fast but then it does loading stuff. I would say this is more app related.
    BTW: Going back in browser history is now also pretty instant. It seems to use cache instead of reloading.
    02-13-2015 04:18 AM
    I doubt any of these tests are meaningful. All the devices for which W10M is available, already had far fewer and shorter Resuming durations than their x2x predecessors. For example, my L830 resumes far less frequently and far faster than my fianc's L720. My point is that the results on one device won't necessarily translate to results on other devices.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-13-2015 04:24 AM
    I'm currently using 820. What I understand is that maybe switching to X3X may bring some improvement for apps switching right?
    02-13-2015 06:01 AM
    I think it is a bug, the flash of accent color
    And btw, some apps may need to be rebuilt to gain speed in app resuming once the developer details are released for W10

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    02-13-2015 06:55 AM
    I think it's somewhat better on my 635 but I'll have to keep using during the day to be sure. I'm finding that instead of a resuming message, my screen seems to blink to allow new material to load, especially when scrolling a long screen of info like the NYTimes Mobile version on the browser.
    02-13-2015 06:59 AM