Cancel Phone update ?

cono_cido

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Is there a option to cancel the update to Windows 10 on my Lumia 830 ?
wp_ss_20150213_0001.jpg

In the Windows Insider app I?ve not found any option to cancel / unsubscribe form the insider program.
A Soft-restet didn?t helped either. :eck:

Any ideas ?
Right now my primary phone will get unusable exactly tommorow 03:00 :sweaty:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Is there a option to cancel the update to Windows 10 on my Lumia 830 ?
View attachment 96867

In the Windows Insider app I?ve not found any option to cancel / unsubscribe form the insider program.
A Soft-restet didn?t helped either. :eck:

Any ideas ?
Right now my primary phone will get unusable exactly tommorow 03:00 :sweaty:

1 Use below tool to roll back after install.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore
2 Next time think/read before pushing buttons.

cono_cido

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Yep you’re right, should have read before I enrolled the insider program, but I was not aware that the installation is done automatic. I thought I can enroll now and install after waiting a few days.

Nevertheless big thanks for your solution, was able to go back to 8.1 with recovery tool.

Steps
1. backup to OneDrive
2. Install the 10 preview
3. Restore to 8.1 with the recovery tool (had an error in the tool after downloading the image, “device not found” but second try was working)
4. Restored data from onedrive

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep you?re right, should have read before I enrolled the insider program, but I was not aware that the installation is done automatic. I thought I can enroll now and install after waiting a few days.

Nevertheless big thanks for your solution, was able to go back to 8.1 with recovery tool.

Steps
1.backup to OneDrive
2.Install the 10 preview
3.Restore to 8.1 with the recovery tool (had an error in the tool after downloading the image, ?device not found? but second try was working)
4.Restored data from onedrive

No problem and thanks for the feedback.

ItsSubhro555

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Yep you??re right, should have read before I enrolled the insider program, but I was not aware that the installation is done automatic. I thought I can enroll now and install after waiting a few days.

Steps
1. backup to OneDrive
2. Install the 10 preview
3. Restore to 8.1 with the recovery tool (had an error in the tool after downloading the image, ??device not found?? but second try was working)
4. Restored data from onedrive

ItsSubhro555

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Yeah,same problem, its downloading,can't stop it, eating my data, no Wi-Fi networks available. Hate windows phone(not windows!). Everything has to be downloaded to install, can't install from files like android. Even rarely new/trending apps and games available on windows phone store. Hate it!

Sagnik Pal

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
There's no way to do so until and unless you do a factory reset (hard reset) or roll back after installing. Rolling back after installing Windows 10 has already been discussed in the thread so I won't repeat.

You can use the hard reset method, if you don't mind, as you also had to upload files to OneDrive in the other method. Before the automatic installation starts, you can go to Settings> About> Reset phone. This starts the reset which takes about 15 minutes. After that you start with a fresh phone (Insider cancelled also) and you can retrieve your data back fom OneDrive.

This method does consume less data too, because in the other method, downloading the software for rolling back is another data consumer.

Hope it helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos