transparency should be like this

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
im not convinced by semi-transparent alone like in windows 10 or transparent tiles alone like in windows phone 8.1 i think the best way to do transparency on startscreen if it looked like these images below a wallpaper in the background with some opacity and the same background inside transparent tiles

these images from a topic posted in this forum by mottle
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...922-how-i-imagine-windows-10-startscreen.html

Attachments

• landscape_gray_opaque.jpg
    landscape_gray_opaque.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 153
  • portrait_gray_opac.jpg
    portrait_gray_opac.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 153
  • portrait_wite_opaque.jpg
    portrait_wite_opaque.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 153

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like this idea behind the transparent tile. I think its a good compromise between maintaining the live tile functionality for a all apps for a consistent and calming design. I think the folder thing is not doing the startscreen justice, as is also the spacing to the top and right to acompany folder names and the start with arrow. That will sacrifice tile space and force microsoft to use smaller fonts. As the picutres is currently showing it could work for a 1320 or 1520, but people will have a difficult time reading and looking for live tile at a glance info on screens smaller than 5 inches. I think people will start squinting with their eyes. The key to good design on a smartphone is clean yes, but also take into account that size of tiles and fonts do matter, so things need to get more simplistic, KISS. This design is nice, but too refined for daily smartphone use (although admittedly I do like the render somehow).

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Looks great. I have yet to see an actual Windows 10 start screen for phone that I like. They should take your idea into heavy consideration

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks fantastic. And I especially want the landscape mode as an option, and the ability to make and name groups as you've shown.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I kind of like that. It's like flipping between having the tiles transparent or the background transparent. I don't see why this couldn't be put in as an option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos