In your opinion, which features won't be on 512 mb Lumia phones with Windows 10?

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Joe Belfiore said that they'll try to update all 512 mb lumias, but features "may vary".
So what features you think that Windows 10 will have won't be available for low-end phones?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I think all the basic features. Like expanded notifications, and that text say function in the word suggestion box. but in the Demo Joe placed the keyboard somewhere else. I think that's high end

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My opinion none of the features work apart from office** and some small system apps. May fully slow down old generation devices like Lumia 520 than wp 8.1 which made my device a **** piece.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Mostly, the features available on higher end Lumias running 8.1 now will be the kind of features not available. "Hey Cortana", which requires special hardware, won't be available for all devices.

Audio equalizer not available for 512MB devices.

As far as "moving around the keyboard", that is not meant for "smaller screen" and will have nothing to do with processing power or memory footprint. It's a matter of larger screens have that need in order to enable left/right handed one-handed operation.

There will be certain applications that require 1GB, just like now.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Audio equalizer is already on 512 MB devices with Denim. Can't see why they would remove it from W10.

Expanded notifications, text-to-speech and answer from toast notifications already work on 512 MB devices with the Technical Preview, so they'll work too.

I don't know what features won't work, probably something we don't kow yet.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Audio equalizer is already on 512 MB devices with Denim. Can't see why they would remove it from W10.

Expanded notifications, text-to-speech and answer from toast notifications already work on 512 MB devices with the Technical Preview, so they'll work too.

Yup you are right those features work fine on 512MB devices.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the features we will miss would be the ones related to multitasking and multiwindows, as they definitely need more RAM to work

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Mostly, the features available on higher end Lumias running 8.1 now will be the kind of features not available. "Hey Cortana", which requires special hardware, won't be available for all devices.

Audio equalizer not available for 512MB devices.

As far as "moving around the keyboard", that is not meant for "smaller screen" and will have nothing to do with processing power or memory footprint. It's a matter of larger screens have that need in order to enable left/right handed one-handed operation.

There will be certain applications that require 1GB, just like now.

This seems reasonable. :wink:

fantakk

May 1, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried the technical preview on your 630? How it runs? :)

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean for multitasking? You mean true multitasking or split-screen multitasking like we see in Windows 8.1?

I don't know what MS has in mind, but maybe they will add more real multitasking and/or multiwindows like on the Galaxy Notes (2 app on screen at the same time)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb