The two areas it left me and my trusty Lumia 830 bloody is with the now completely missing MMS settings under Cellular->SIM settings.
    APN is untouched thankfully, MMS is completely gone. Even after a *ugh* hard reset was performed.
    For the record, I use Cricket for Wireless.

Secondly, I kinda need MMS settings for my work, so I attempted the Recovery Tool Ms has provided. No dice, as my only in house Windows device is a Surface RT. The Mac wouldn't download it, nor would my L830.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide :)

I searched but found nothing.
    Last edited by bpnic; 02-15-2015 at 09:09 AM. Reason: details
    02-13-2015 04:44 PM
    The two areas it left me and my trusty Lumia 830 bloody is with the now completely missing MMS settings under Cellular->SIM settings.
    APN is untouched thankfully, MMS is completely gone. Even after a *ugh* hard reset was performed.
    For the record, I use Cricket for Wireless.

Secondly, I kinda need MMS settings for my work, so I attempted the Recovery Tool Ms has provided. No dice, as my only in house Windows device is a Surface RT. The Mac wouldn't download it, nor would my L830.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide :)

I searched but found nothing.
    Find a windows computer. There are also some reports that a windows 7 computer may have problems with the tool.
    So try a windows 8,1 computer.

And sorry but for next time . First be sure you have an "escape" plan. Like the Windows software recovery tool or read the articles in WC because these "bugs" were know.
    Likwidz, a5cent and bpnic like this.
    02-14-2015 12:40 PM
    And for the record, don't install any beta software on a device you're dependent on.
    02-14-2015 01:11 PM
    Go to the store and buy a new phone...

Now the one you borked is eligible for TP Beta Land!!!!

YeeHaw and rush right in guns a blazin'.
    Likwidz, aximtreo, a5cent and 2 others like this.
    02-14-2015 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the help guys, you're all spot on with your constructive criticism.... I shoulda mentioned I have a Blu Win HD as a back up, so that's why I threw the 830 so quickly into 10TP Beta land. The photos on the 830 are just so much better....
    My L830's MMS settings are still completely missing, but I'm sure they're (MS) working through it as we speak.

I just ordered a Surface P2 from Best Buy on a killer sale, so I'll have a "desktop" now for recovery. ;)
    Last edited by bpnic; 02-15-2015 at 04:00 PM.
    a5cent and Harrie-S like this.
    02-15-2015 07:52 AM