Don't install w10 preview on only phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Just thought I would share my experience of w10

Don't believe what you read.w10 is not smooth on the 630, stable, just about,perhaps,but noticeably laggy,which means its difficult to assess the new features at all.

From what I saw,it looked horrible anyway,UI the worst part.

Thats not my main point.If like me you read,w10 stable on 512mb devices and Microsoft offer easy recovery to go back

Don't be so quick to jump in.Firstly the preview was awful.Way to early to be released

Secondly. Recovery not easy.Took me half an hour just to find a link to the tool.When I found it.it wouldn't install.had to use my brothers pc.
Put me back to 8.1 in around half hour,but only basic version.

my operator hasn't released denim yet so had to re enroll in preview for developers and it took about 5 updates to get back to the latest OS version

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Agreed unless you are willing to risk it..in my case on 635 its fine apart from a few issues. Like it better than 8.1

No lag... possibly bad install? Since 630 and 635 are similar

Hakeem Greeen

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Agreed unless you are willing to risk it..in my case on 635 its fine apart from a few issues. Like it better than 8.1

Yup and same here. 8.1 was terrible on my 635. I surprisingly find Windows 10
less buggy.
IE use to crash all the time when I had Windows 8.1. Apps been running another too and I didn't even hard reset yet

SagarSadbhaiya

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

I agree.. Loving it more than 8.1 on my Lumia 830!!! some issues & bugs that's understandable as it still TP!!!

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I would share my experience of w10

Don't believe what you read.w10 is not smooth on the 630, stable, just about,perhaps,but noticeably laggy,which means its difficult to assess the new features at all.

From what I saw,it looked horrible anyway,UI the worst part.

Thats not my main point.If like me you read,w10 stable on 512mb devices and Microsoft offer easy recovery to go back

Don't be so quick to jump in.Firstly the preview was awful.Way to early to be released

Secondly. Recovery not easy.Took me half an hour just to find a link to the tool.When I found it.it wouldn't install.had to use my brothers pc.
Put me back to 8.1 in around half hour,but only basic version.

my operator hasn't released denim yet so had to re enroll in preview for developers and it took about 5 updates to get back to the latest OS version

Well MS made it clear that this is not the preview for developers, this is a technical preview, which means things are still in the early stages, so bugs are meant to be everywhere in this build, and MS also warned about installing the update on your personal phone, unless you know what you're in for

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Well MS made it clear that this is not the preview for developers, this is a technical preview, which means things are still in the early stages, so bugs are meant to be everywhere in this build, and MS also warned about installing the update on your personal phone, unless you know what you're in for

Agree. It's all up to people if they want to risk and help MS or not. Everyone should know what are they doing! Very early builds and smooth doesn't go together, deal with it and quit complaining!

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
If you have lags and the ui isn't smooth just do a reset from the about screen in settings,heard it helped out with lags for other people.

mhc48

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The basis of this thread is common sense which MS has reiterated. That said, W10 has worked without a glitch on my 635 (though it is not my daily driver). Sometimes I think it gets warmer faster than with 8.1 but still no crashes or problems which would have caused me to go back. Seems the OP just didn't like it more than it was buggy.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not complaining. Just letting people know its not worth the bother just yet if you end up having to(wanting to) go back to 8.1

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
yeah 8.1 ROM is 1.64 gb and im going back ... its a pain to download via the windows phone recovery tool
connection gets timed out often ... so dont install 10 ..

this is really really crappy ... its not like PFD ... PFD is safer

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The basis of this thread is common sense which MS has reiterated. That said, W10 has worked without a glitch on my 635 (though it is not my daily driver). Sometimes I think it gets warmer faster than with 8.1 but still no crashes or problems which would have caused me to go back. Seems the OP just didn't like it more than it was buggy.
Agreed. I mentioned in another post there would be a lot of threads started with tales of woe once this technical preview was released. It was stated a thousand times who should and should not attempt this. And it was stressed that it was NOT RECOMMENDED to put this on your only phone. But as it happens people do it anyway, then blame MS. So far, its not too shabby on my sons Lumia 830. It has its fits and starts occasionally but those don't seem to be hindering the device.

ortizang

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I installed windows 10 in my Lumia 920 which is my only phone and I can say that it's working fine. Not going back to 8.1. It has some bugs but not big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720