[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

ajcollins09

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
I just tried, and it changes the size of all the other apps, but the photos app still stays really small.

However overall, I must say that I'm surprised by how well W10 runs.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
when I go back into preview app after removing proxy settings and logging in, says no preview builds available

Follow steps properly when the first time you open app make sure the proxy is on with proxy on check for preview builds if you do it correctly you will see 2 option slow and fast now dont close the app press windows button now turn off the proxy and return back to app via back button and select fast one if done correctly you will see an agreement accept it and your device will reboot after few seconds when the device will start again check under phone updates it will be downloading the updates

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Got it to work on my Singapore RM-821 (Lumia 920). I used the Chinese method. Proxy, install cert, select fast ring, turn off proxy. DO NOT GO INTO INSIDER AFTER THIS. Go to phone update and check for update.

I manages to get it working like this.

bcartwright86

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Got it to work on my Singapore RM-821 (Lumia 920). I used the Chinese method. Proxy, install cert, select fast ring, turn off proxy. DO NOT GO INTO INSIDER AFTER THIS. Go to phone update and check for update.

After setting fast ring does your phone restart? mine does

Last edited:

bcartwright86

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

I've just done exactly this and no update. "Your phone is up to date".

socheatsok78

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
1. Install the Windows Insider app on your phone
2. .............
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
7. Tap on the link at the bottom to the fiddler root certificate
8. When prompted click open and then install to trust the cert and ok at the confirmation
9. Run the Windows Insider app and tap get preview builds
10. Tap on which custom action you’d like to perform. In my case I hit "Set to ATT Lumia 635" and click the arrow at the bottom
11. Accept the agreement and click the check mark at the bottom. the app will close
12. run the insider app again, click get preview build login with your Microsoft account if require (in this case you will see 'insider slow' and 'insider fast') don't choose anyone of them press home or toggle Setting from the notification and disable proxy then switch back to the Windows Insider app the choose either one of them ( 'insider slow' and 'insider fast')
13. Go into the phone settings and check for updates. With any luck you should have Windows 10 there for you to install.

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
There's a reason why it's not released for higher end phones. In my mind, MS doesn't want to brick expensive phones. :)
Anyways, my friend who updated his 630 to Win 10 just reset back his phone to factory settings. A lot of stuffs are not working yet on 10.
In short, nobody is missing anything. Just continue using Win 8.1.

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
There's a reason why it's not released for higher end phones. In my mind, MS doesn't want to brick expensive phones. :)
Anyways, my friend who updated his 630 to Win 10 just reset back his phone to factory settings. A lot of stuffs are not working yet on 10.
In short, nobody is missing anything. Just continue using Win 8.1.
it's not about brick the phone,ms just want user for higher end device bussy to reinstall their phone before they can install the preview ;)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That's where it says the device (whose name really is "Phone in flash mode", system device name "QHSUSB_DLOAD", and description "Nokia Emergency Connectivity") is unsupported.
Sorry bro but thats the sign of a completely bricked device it can only be solve by using riff box j-tag method
That usually occurs when you are trying to flash your device and the usb cable gets disconnected or get loose cause of this the bootloader of the device gets corrupted if it is in warranty i would advice you to take it to service center for repair

bcartwright86

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
1. Install the Windows Insider app on your phone
2. .............
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
7. Tap on the link at the bottom to the fiddler root certificate
8. When prompted click open and then install to trust the cert and ok at the confirmation
9. Run the Windows Insider app and tap get preview builds
10. Tap on which custom action you?d like to perform. In my case I hit "Set to ATT Lumia 635" and click the arrow at the bottom
11. Accept the agreement and click the check mark at the bottom. the app will close
12. run the insider app again, click get preview build login with your Microsoft account if require (in this case you will see 'insider slow' and 'insider fast') don't choose anyone of them press home or toggle Setting from the notification and disable proxy then switch back to the Windows Insider app the choose either one of them ( 'insider slow' and 'insider fast')
13. Go into the phone settings and check for updates. With any luck you should have Windows 10 there for you to install.

I tried fiddler root certificate, after end off step 11 U say app will close, my 930 has to reboot

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
It doesnt matter if its hk or gb or anyother.
If product code is of device eligible then you will get update.
It just make the server thinks your device is an eligible device for update.
Nothing else.
you can reset your device normally by going in about section not via lsrt to get your original info back
So how can you get cellular data running? Even using the settings from the carrier's website doesn't help. Also none of the keyboards can be downloaded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786