[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay,

This is obviously without any guarantee that it works or that it doesn't brick your phone.
Just follow the instructions, and remember to replace the model variant with a win10 supported phone from your carrier&region. Don't forget to thank the developer of the tool, it extremely simplifies the process!

Link: HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-?€? - Pg. 2 | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

edit: on page 2 there, you can find working model variants.
For the german people with an unlocked phone, RM-984_1002 is going to work. German O2: RM-984_1012

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay,

This is obviously without any guarantee that it works or that it doesn't brick your phone.
Just follow the instructions, and remember to replace the model variant with a win10 supported phone from your carrier&region. Don't forget to thank the developer of the tool, it extremely simplifies the process!

Link: HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-… - Pg. 2 | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

For the german people with an unlocked phone, RM-984_1002 is going to work. German O2: RM-984_1012

You tried this out? Which phone?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 930, I am currently in the "almost ready" screens, migration of data.
Others reported it working with a 920, 1520 etc.. 620 too.

But your system partition might be too small, if so you need to restore the 8.1 software before (using software recovery).

edit2: and done. Looks good so far, animations are sped up which is a really good thing to me.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay,

Link: HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-?€? - Pg. 2 | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

tried another method of registry editing via custompfd that worked fllawlessly on my L520.
Now will try this method on my brother 520 and will let you know. as custompfd method gave error 81088308 on my brother device

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That's even easier, wasn't possible on my 930 since it doesn't have an SD card slot :/

I think he should be flashing 8.1 again, his system partition might be too small.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
That's even easier, wasn't possible on my 930 since it doesn't have an SD card slot :/

I think he should be flashing 8.1 again, his system partition might be too small.
yes it is very easy but sd card method was useful only if you are on 8.1.
On 10 we are not able to give sd card permission due to new file picker api.
hoping this fiddler method will be useful for future builds too.

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm not much of a PC geek and the process there seems to be kinda complicated.. Could you help me out? I have a Lumia 720 (India).

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Could you give a step by step guide? And is this working for indian rom? And flaws??
that guide have all the steps and it is explain very good try to follow each step mention there.
Im from india there arent many flaws except you cant use mobile data and general bugs faced by other users.
btw if it is your primary device i would advice you to stay away from this process.

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
that guide have all the steps and it is explain very good try to follow each step mention there.
Im from india there arent many flaws except you cant use mobile data and general bugs faced by other users.
btw if it is your primary device i would advice you to stay away from this process.

Mobile data doesn't work?! :/ Then maybe I can wait a while until MS fixes things up..

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
One question. Is this the same build we will get from microsoft officially or its custom rom or something. I am using 930 and want to give it a try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)