[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Georgi Anastasov

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried with a non Lumia device such as Samsung or HTC.
I personally have a HTC 8X but don't know how exactly to do it since there is no recovery tool for it

akashpats

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried it on my 720 with hundreds of ways, but my phone couldn't find preview builds.
So, I think there is no workaround for now, we just have to wait till MS goes with it officially.

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Omg,its work on my 1520, downloading the update now, fyi,I'm not doing clean os and hard reset,after download and install the certificate,open my data plan ( I'm not using wifi,just go to cellular+data,tap and edit proxy on manual apn from sim settings,follow the instructions for how to change proxy settings ),after that open windows insider,get the preview,enroll,chose enroll fast,after reboot,after phone are on open cellurar+data,turn off the manual apn,go to phone update option,tap update,wait...and..downloading ). Thks guys

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else getting "Downloading Variant File Failed" errors on WPRT and repeated network errors on LRT? It's not letting me finish the download for the 1520.3 packages.

Untitled.png

davenc

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Installation was successful on my AT&T 520. I did a clean install to 8.1 via the recovery tool and then followed the instructions on XDA. I have not tried mobile data yet since my sim is in my 920 currently.

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Installation was successful on my AT&T 520. I did a clean install to 8.1 via the recovery tool and then followed the instructions on XDA. I have not tried mobile data yet since my sim is in my 920 currently.

How long it take for downloading the update? Cause mine after 20 minute still 0% :'(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb