[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried everything, but nothing seems to work on my Lumia 930 CZ Country Variant. I tried both method, with custom WPFLIGHTS.xml and the chinese method, tried it on clean os install..no update. I saw an article somewhere, that it might be a problem, if you have DENIM already installed, what do you think guys?
No i dont think its an issue with denim cause i updated from denim
Not sure about other devices though

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for quick response. I guess i have to wait till official release of TP for 930, but it seems it will be maybe next month :/ (according to Gabe Aul twitter)
Great choice if its your primary device you shouldn't try it.
I personally havent installed it on my L1520 as it is my primary device.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
it worked :)
thanks a lot :) :)
and instead of reseting phone from recovery tool, can i reset phone from phone itself? the reset option which is available in phone settings?
you mean reset after installing W10?
if no then pm me your about info of windows insider app so i can know you will be able to install it or not.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
if your device is supported in the next preview you dont need to follow this steps just normal steps.
​If not then you need to do this method.

actually i followed another method from xda forum we're we'll install the certificates of chinese lumia 636.so do ill get updates for L520????

and also after installing the preview do i need to reset the phone????

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
actually i followed another method from xda forum we're we'll install the certificates of chinese lumia 636.so do ill get updates for L520????

and also after installing the preview do i need to reset the phone????
You will get updates if 520 will be supported in next build
Yes it is advisable to do a hard reset after updating to 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo