[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
how to change the PhoneManufacturerModelName?
Use the chinese method it is the simplest of all if you still wanna try rusty grom method then in wpflights.xml change the modelname

<RegistryKeyValue>
<Name>PhoneManufacturerModelName</Name>
<Value>RM-978_1046</Value>
<ValueType>1</ValueType>
</RegistryKeyValue>
</Values>
</RegistryKey>

with the modelname of your country eligible devices for W10

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
After spending time with Windows 10 for phones i came to a conclusion that we have done the right choice of buying Windows phone.thank you MSFT.just think if the build is like this then how the consumer version is going to be. Excited to know

jacob103

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Currently spinning gear screen. Hasn't moved much with the status bar. But im sure that's normal.

I am finally able to play with Windows 10 this morning. And I have to say after a restore and installing my apps the build seems to be stable and has hardly any bugs on Nokia Lumia 928. Thank you Microsoft for your hard work!!!

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
How do I edit the registry using CustomPFD?

Edit this registry hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/phonemanufacturermodelname
And hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/devicefirmwarerevision with the details of eligible devices of your country if your device is of some specific carrier then change this registry too make sure you use above details of that carrier hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/phoneopertaorinfo

This one is too much time consuming as we need to search alot for the details.
So i would advise you to try rusty method or Chinese method

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Edit this registry hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/phonemanufacturermodelname
And hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/devicefirmwarerevision with the details of eligible devices of your country if your device is of some specific carrier then change this registry too make sure you use above details of that carrier hklm/system/platform/devicetargetinginfo/phoneopertaorinfo

This one is too much time consuming as we need to search alot for the details.
So i would advise you to try rusty method or Chinese method

I'm trying to do the XDA method but I'm don't know to do this: 6. Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port
It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me :)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to do the XDA method but I'm don't know to do this: 6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC?s IP address and enter 8877 for the port
It would be greatly appreciated if you could help me :)

Do you have the productcodeinfo if not then do Chinese method as it doesn't require any product code.
If you have info then for IP address run cmd on pc and type ipconfig/all and note down the ipv4 address(I.e 192.168.x.xxx) and now on your mobile open WiFi tap and hold on your WiFi network select edit and turn on proxy type in server/url your ipv4 address and in port 8877
Now open IE and type http:\\192.168.x.xxx:8877 and follow the steps there.

P.s if you are using rusty method then make sure you edit the modelname info in wpflights.xml file

Nicholas Lovan

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Even after the tons of confirmation of Windows 10 running fine on 520, still wondering about the 521. I think I'm just reluctant to flash my phone for some reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos