[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
If you have mixed feelings its better to stay away from it 😊
And moreover it is your primary device so you shouldn't try it.

I was gonna do it as soon as I saw the Chinese version but I wanted to see how it went for them first, and thats the worst part, other people with the 930 I've spoke to have had very little problems downloading or using win10. Arghh damn the 930 for handling so damn well

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I was gonna do it as soon as I saw the Chinese version but I wanted to see how it went for them first, and thats the worst part, other people with the 930 I've spoke to have had very little problems downloading or using win10. Arghh damn the 930 for handling so damn well

Do one thing drink a beer and enjoy your Sunday so that you chill down 😊
Wait for some days for a better review from other 930 users later on you decide if you wanna install it or not 😊

stokes1510

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Do one thing drink a beer and enjoy your Sunday so that you chill down 😊
Wait for some days for a better review from other 930 users later on you decide if you wanna install it or not 😊
Best not having a drink though ill probably end up doing it....but f****** it all up
Cheers mate will do ill pprobably just wait till the insider app says there's a build for my device with out changing anything

darkest.white

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ugh :| I keep getting an error. I'll reset my phone and then try.

Tried that myself while trying to install on my 1520. You need to actually use the Windows Phone Recovery software from Microsoft to download and COMPLETELY wipe the phone via PC for it to work.

Just so you know. Feel free to try if you like, but I would recommend saving yourself the time of doing it another time afterwards! :)

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Enjoying the preview although the quick actions aren't aligned properly on the 1520 (due to having 5 per row instead of 4), there's some lag on start/all apps, apps load slowly, I can't change my glance settings, the lock screen settings crash, Cortana restarts when I exit out of it and re-open (my last search disappears), some apps won't open if I tap on their toasts/notifications...

Okay so there's a lot of problems.

I'm mainly excited to see more apps support actionable toasts.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The preview on my Lumia 920 is very smooth. There are some crashes when changings the settings, in the start screen, but in general is very good.

So far I love the new design and changes

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
After I try a few times on the phone always restarts, I try the recovery option on the windows insider app it says 'Your phone is ready to get updates from the following preview version: ' them a click ok and then app closes but no update.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
After I try a few times on the phone always restarts, I try the recovery option on the windows insider app it says 'Your phone is ready to get updates from the following preview version: ' them a click ok and then app closes but no update.

It should also say rebooting in x seconds... under the ring you selected, is it not rebooting after you make the selection?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

you have to wait..it'll come

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
No, I did all the steps more than once, but I read on xda that are more people complaining that is not working on 925 :\

well then you should not do it...for me when I tried I had to wait quite a bit..at one point I thought nothing was working and touch something then it jammed...so I had to restart from scratch..and finally got it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs