[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
ok for anyone trying this approach make sure you are not running anything later than 02540.00019.14484.xxxxx for the firmware on your phone. the insider program has a bug with any 8.1 firmware higher than this, so no matter how hard you try if its higher than that nothing will show for updates. I have tested this bug on my 1520 and 930 that were running firmware higher than what I said above. I reflashed to a lower firmware and no issues installing the TP10.

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ok for anyone trying this approach make sure you are not running anything later than 02540.00019.14484.xxxxx for the firmware on your phone. the insider program has a bug with any 8.1 firmware higher than this, so no matter how hard you try if its higher than that nothing will show for updates. I have tested this bug on my 1520 and 930 that were running firmware higher than what I said above. I reflashed to a lower firmware and no issues installing the TP10.
oooo damn ... I tryyyyyy this right now :)

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
have successfully installed the TP now on
Icon

and very surprisingly the TP runs much smoother on these non listed models than it does on the listed 830, so don't really know at this point what MS reasons were for not including all models.

Milan Singh

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have also installed the TP on my 1020 (India, airtel). For some unknown reason after I did a hard reset, my internet connection from my carrier has stopped working. In Access Point it says " INACTIVE : There may be a problem with access point settings, Restarting your phone may fix it ", but still no luck. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there any solution to it ?

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

ohh god,i think you are right about this one,i flash my 1520 with this firmware,nothing problem during the process to installing the preview,but the problems come after my device running the preview,for example,on ie,i can't save any pictures, i can change the background image atleast after 4 time crash, scrolling start menu is not really smooth and feels like using win phone 8 launcher on androud device. before i read your post,i guess it's normal for this preview,but thks,trying to reflash now and start from beginning
EDIT: My question,how we can find a lower firmware on WPRT or LSRT? cz from my experience,both software give me the update firmware automatically,,i need your help.. ;)

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ohh god,i think you are right about this one,i flash my 1520 with this firmware,nothing problem during the process to installing the preview,but the problems come after my device running the preview,for example,on ie,i can't save any pictures, i can change the background image atleast after 4 time crash, scrolling start menu is not really smooth and feels like using win phone 8 launcher on androud device. before i read your post,i guess it's normal for this preview,but thks,trying to reflash now and start from beginning
EDIT: My question,how we can find a lower firmware on WPRT or LSRT? cz from my experience,both software give me the update firmware automatically,,i need your help.. ;)
anaheiim's Space - NOKIA - Tweaks Paradise

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
OOKKK GUYS
it's really the problem ... I tried like 10 things today. The problem was that after I hard reset with LSRT, I received the last update (14522) but if you have something after 14484, the phone don't see new update. I rolled back to a french rom with 14484 and my phone install the update right now.

I had problem with the start screen ( I'll update if it's better) and I was not able to install new keyboard.

​Lumia 930

Erwin0723

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
OOKKK GUYS
it's really the problem ... I tried like 10 things today. The problem was that after I hard reset with LSRT, I received the last update (14522) but if you have something after 14484, the phone don't see new update. I rolled back to a french rom with 14484 and my phone install the update right now.

I had problem with the start screen ( I'll update if it's better) and I was not able to install new keyboard.

​Lumia 930

when you get that problem?after running the preview update or bafore?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
if you are already on the 14522 firmware when you go check for updates after the insider program has rebooted your phone, you will not see any updates for the TP.

Jessy Tremblay

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you want to know the problem with the screen or the update. I'll ask both.
1st : After install the clean os with LSRT (rom 14522) I wasn't able to install the WTP. With the 14484 (it's installing right now)
2nd : for the start screen (it was yesterday) with the Technical preview. I wanted to do a clean install because I saw in another thread that it solved the problem.
for the problem with the keyboard with a french rom ( I'll have french (france) keyboard, but not French (canada) ) but it's better than nothing. (maybe I'll be able to install it).

edit : OK I seems to have the same screen lag than I had. I'm doing the hard reset so my phone will have the good name product in it ( for futur update or firmware update ) and put my backup in it at the same time.

I think I'll live with the problems I have and when the original update or future update if I need I'll hard reset again.

Last edited:

AntiHero7

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

SAme here, yesterday I was finally able to install TP, i had to flash poland cyan rom to get this done, but after update I cant install my native language keyboard and sometimes the keyboard has that weird bug, when there is ENTER all over keyboard :D

Does anybody know, where eventually find older firmware, but exactly for your phone? I know about seidea site, but that site does not open for me :)

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
have successfully installed the TP now on
Icon

and very surprisingly the TP runs much smoother on these non listed models than it does on the listed 830, so don't really know at this point what MS reasons were for not including all models.
Any tips for the Icon. Worked on 1520 but not Icon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb