[Experimental] Install W10 on ANY phone running 8.1

Mihai Spinean

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Got Windows 10 on my Lumia 930, so far so good, i miss the data toggle on the action centre, have a few problems tho...
1. Datata sense is not working, i can't set celular data limit
2. Phone gets really hot when i use internet explorer
3. Can't download english (US) language

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey Edit : Akash Patel.,
I installed it using the fiddler method on my L620 (India). Everything looks fine except for glance, which doesn't open and the access point.
Not having glance is okay for me, but when I try to set internet APN, both directly and manually, it says "there maybe a problem with your access point settings" and doesnt setup, hence mobile data is not working.

How did you manage to get your mobile data working on your L520., ?
Glance doesn't work in W10.
For mobile data call your operator and ask setting from him.

alex athanasopoulos

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I had installed w10, with the chinese method, on my Lumia 920 and everything was fine for about 2 days. During the night my Lumia 920 went off (flat battery) and when i woke up today, i turned on my phone i saw it was bricked. As i have seen this happen to other users, i would recommend you to avoid turning off your phones or letting the battery go empty.

Thankfully, i used the Lumia Software Recovery tool and my phone is working again. It may take 2 tries to be successful, wait and dont do anything like unplug the phone.

A piece of advice, if its your only phone or scared to try w10, avoid doing so. Btw the changes were awesome, very fresh and minimal. I loved w10 despite the bugs.

Lucky Gumilang

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I had installed w10, with the chinese method, on my Lumia 920 and everything was fine for about 2 days. During the night my Lumia 920 went off (flat battery) and when i woke up today, i turned on my phone i saw it was bricked. As i have seen this happen to other users, i would recommend you to avoid turning off your phones or letting the battery go empty.

Thankfully, i used the Lumia Software Recovery tool and my phone is working again. It may take 2 tries to be successful, wait and dont do anything like unplug the phone.

A piece of advice, if its your only phone or scared to try w10, avoid doing so. Btw the changes were awesome, very fresh and minimal. I loved w10 despite the bugs.

beres.jpg
is it ok?

Lucky Gumilang

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Untitled2.jpg
is it ok?

Hardeep Grewal

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Successfully updated my Lumia 720 to W10 TP and changed Phone OEM model name to original but in My Windows Insider App, Branch is now "FBL_AWESOME1501" earlier it was "WPB_CXE_R1" .

any issue with that.??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion