W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Whatsapp is not working in L920 after W10 tech preview update. Any possible solution?

Corey Thomas

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

920 here. Looks like there is a bug when the phone tries to go to sleep and enter 'Glance' mode. Glance isn't supported so the phone locks up and requires a soft reset. I tried going to the glance settings but the menu item for glance settings doesn't seem to do anything. Just a heads up to 920 owners: Don't let your phone go to sleep via idle. It will lock up your phone and force you to do a soft reset.

Kristen Chen

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

920 here. Looks like there is a bug when the phone tries to go to sleep and enter 'Glance' mode. Glance isn't supported so the phone locks up and requires a soft reset. I tried going to the glance settings but the menu item for glance settings doesn't seem to do anything. Just a heads up to 920 owners: Don't let your phone go to sleep via idle. It will lock up your phone and force you to do a soft reset.

LOL. My phone's slept for 4 hours

theSilverNeph

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Trying to tell what I found in my Nokia Lumia 925:

- camera bug with the 2/3 of the screen being black and multiple square Windows on the right with difformed view
- sim bug corrected with the hard reset but still something that shouldn't happen in the future
- there seems to be a problem with listening to audio (i.e: voice recorder doesn't always play back the sound)
- can't download new language keyboards
- can't access glance screen settings (it just stays on the extra settings menu)

- I had to create a new APN to get internet working (dunno about MMS though) and I can toggle on/off data and airplane mode works
- sometimes the "international time" tile gets completely grey for no apparent reason
- back button doesn't work anymore on the app list(?)
- going to the multitask after being in a "system" app (like settings) shows a completely blue screen
- data sense doesn't allow to put a limit
- dunno if a bug but the Outlook Mail app only shows me my mails of yesterday (so only two e-mails)
- when changing things in the settings, the theme will get white until I quit the current page
- it happened three time "only" but the phone kinda crashed I guess while launching or exiting an app and the phone rebooted

If the one's in bold were not there, I could continue without many troubles using the W10 for Phones TP. :(

cm103

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I had the no SIM/no cellular issue. I ended up reverting to 8.1 via the recovery tool last night which got things working again.

I relaunched the upgrade this morning and it just finished with no problems. Cell signal is the same as on 8.1

Hope this helps those in the same situation.

Lumia 925
​T-Mobile

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Running TP on my Lumia 1520.

Anyone facing a bug where you can't take a screenshot? It shows a message "Couldn't take screenshot" after the usual "Saving Screenshot..."

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

when i try to login into forums from windows central app on W10 tp
i clicked on input field to enter credentials
but as soon as keyboard pops up
screen goes black and i cant do anything
same with other apps

like metweets & bookmyshow
anyone else facing such issue

Susmit257

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

it seems, I have the most odd and annoying issue... i dont have settings... all settings on action toggle not working... pls pls somebody suggest something,. i tried hard reseting, didnt work...

Vince Spicuglia

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site

There is an app that runs off a computer. "Windows Phone Recovery Tool Installer" .. it was created to restore phones back to windows 8.1.
Hope that helps.

I Like Cake

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

On my Lumia 920 the "Maps" app fails to launch 100% of the time along with all of the HERE (Maps, Transit, etc...) apps. If i go into settings and access the "maps" section then it fails to find any and it won't let me delete them.

I attempted to re-install all of the apps mentioned above except for "Maps" because you can't. They all installed fine except for "HERE Maps" which has an update pending but every time i try to install it i get this error code "8103010d".

Despite the other apps Installing as expected they still crash on launch.

On a completely unrelated topic Windows 10 keeps a lot of tasks running in the background when compared with 8.1 (The apps you see when you hold the back button). I'm not using my phone differently so i have no idea why this is happening.

The phone also feels more sluggish and takes longer to do most tasks but i guess that's expected with beta software.

trixsta587

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

On my Lumia 920 the "Maps" app fails to launch 100% of the time along with all of the HERE (Maps, Transit, etc...) apps. If i go into settings and access the "maps" section then it fails to find any and it won't let me delete them.

I attempted to re-install all of the apps mentioned above except for "Maps" because you can't. They all installed fine except for "HERE Maps" which has an update pending but every time i try to install it i get this error code "8103010d".

On a completely unrelated topic Windows 10 keeps a lot of tasks running in the background when compared with 8.1 (The apps you see when you hold the back button). I'm not using my phone differently so i have no idea why this is happening.

The phone also feels more sluggish and takes longer to do most tasks but i guess that's expected with beta software.

I have ran into the same issue! I am wondering if a hard reset is the only solution for that one.
I am also experiencing issues with all of my live tiles not updating. And MMS doesn't work either. Also I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen, but my home screen hasn't changed at all, with the tile transparency style in 8.1. I figured it was supposed to change.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Receiving text cuts off my music. wtf??
Cant use swype keyboard with added language even though American English is at the top.
Buttons are unresponsive after turning it off and on from settings to check weather background on lock screen. PROBABLY slow

Lumia 635

Last edited:

avi_920

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Were you able to re-install whatsapp? Is it working now?

ElProPio11

May 16, 2014
Visit site

My SIM card stopped working, I mean, every time that the phone requires me the PIN, when I introduce it, the phone gets bricked, the screen gets dark and I can't do anything more than Force-Reset it. Anyone with a solution? I am without phone by now because of this. Only way that I could get it to work is without SIM services.

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

I have ran into the same issue! I am wondering if a hard reset is the only solution for that one.
I am also experiencing issues with all of my live tiles not updating. And MMS doesn't work either. Also I'm not sure if this was supposed to happen, but my home screen hasn't changed at all, with the tile transparency style in 8.1. I figured it was supposed to change.

1. Live tiles wasn't updating for me too, for quite a while (3-5 hours?). It's updated now, I guess you'll just have to wait.

2. Had transparent tiles (as in WP 8.1 style) when I just updated to TP. Removed background in settings and set another image, got the new translucent tiles.

I Like Cake

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

Without me doing anything the update for HERE Maps has installed itself but it still won't launch.

I can send and receive texts without any problems but my camera isn't working properly. I can't describe it so I'm going to upload a screen shot.

wp_ss_20150411_0001-thumb.png

It's like this on both front and backwards facing cameras.

I also just noticed the volume rocker no longer works if the phone's screen is off. Works fine while locked and the screen is on but not when the screen is off.

xsonwong

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Or 920 user should stop using Glance
Seems that's common issue for this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro