The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    The old Lumia Sorage App no longer Works. This was the means that I used to initially redirect my Maps onto my SD Card. Storage Sense doesn't allow this.

Now, Here Maps isn't aware that I have the Maps stored on the SD Card...and I can't tell it to look there. It sees no Offline maps on the Phone (because they are on my SD Card).

I'll report back if I find a way to keep the Offline Maps on the SD Card.. to continue to download new Maps to the SD Card and to have Here Maps, Here Drive find them on the SD Card.
    04-12-2015 10:25 PM
    W10TPforP on Lumia 720, general impressions:

1. Laggy. Loading times doubled for almost all apps. Input delay in Settings. Sometimes touch input isn't recognized at all.
    2. Screenshot does not work.
    3. Always on mobile data. Although that's been addressed as one of the bugs, it's still annoying. xD
    4. Hitting the Recent Apps button (multitask view) redraws the icons in Start Screen.
    5. Screen brightness sometimes becomes dim, then goes back to normal after a while.
    6. Capacitive keys sometimes do not have light on them.
    7. Still no option to choose for the transparent tiles. Choose the option for translucent tiles (assuming you are using transparent tiles from 8.1) and you lose them permanently.
    8. Casual gaming (not 3D gaming) has slight frame drops and slowdowns.

Design nitpicks:
    1. Contact list in the People Hub has little space for scrolling.
    2. Some texts are too little (sub menus in the settings menu).
    3. Less transitions. The sole reason I fell in love with WP8 (I'll let this pass, since this is a TP anyway).
    4. Spacing on the Status bar icons. Also, the font size for the clock at the top right is bigger than the icons.
    5. Microsoft camera's simple design in WP8.1 is much better.

What went right:
    1. The Keyboard. The trackpad is very convenient to use!
    2. Settings screen.
    3. The Phone pad and the Alarm clock design.
    4. No major crashes in the app or the system. No hanging problems. It's still laggy, though

Does anyone know where I can post this to the Windows Insider Program? Thanks in advance!
    Great write up, I would use the built in windows feedback app.
    04-12-2015 10:46 PM
    I can't update my mail account ([place.name.here] at outlook.com) as well as my calendar. My google account works though.
    I tried deleting the outlook account in order to reset it but that doesn't work either. Phone (Lumia 720) shows error 0x80070032.

Does anyone have that issues? Can somebody tell me a way to solve this?
    04-12-2015 11:30 PM
    I'm using lumia 625. The technical preview has so many bugs in it. Many apps and games are not working,the phone gets warm very fast when i'm using it,the battery is getting down quckly ,i'm not even able to switch of my data, it gets restarts automatically,my phone gets hanged often.Better u do not update until the problem is fixed. And please tell me when will the next update will arrive.
    04-13-2015 12:07 AM
    After an update with recent build for windows 10 technical preview for phones on my Lumia 730 i lost Phone function for dial/history. Anyone with similar experience?
    04-13-2015 12:48 AM
    anyone having problems with the sync of contacts from outlook?
    none of my contacts appear on my people hub (nor legacy)
    They will show if you fill in the SEARCH box in People Hub. Then you can see all the contact's info.

Enviado via Note 4
    04-13-2015 01:00 AM
    MSN apps and other live tiles don't work..
    Lockscreen settings page is broken
    Battery Saver don't offer stats

Lumia 625
    04-13-2015 02:02 AM
    I can't speak to my phone.. Microphone doesn't work or maybe it's because I can't download speech language... Lumia 1320. India.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    04-13-2015 05:36 AM
    My L1320's flight mode is not working...i can't turn it on...also the data connection always remains on I can't turn it off using the slider...
    Also the battery quickly drains...
    Also on my phone the components are not arranged they are overlapped...
    Photo apps crashes every time..
    Also in the feedback I can't select category
    Last edited by Prathameshk; 04-13-2015 at 05:51 AM.
    04-13-2015 05:40 AM
    For anyone who is having the "No Cellular Data" or not being able slide data to "on". I was having the same problem after i installed W10 on my phone. The way I installed it was through the Windows Insider App which basically updates and transfers your info and apps to Windows 10 platform. This just messed everything up for me and i was having problems ranging from, but not limited to, no Wifi, jittery Start Screen and no Cellular Data. I was about to revert back to 8.1 but just on a hunch, i decided to do a hard reset and start off with a clean install of Windows 10. Wow, did this make a huge difference. Now, i did say it was a clean install but in reality, i just hard reset my phone and when it booted back up, it gives you an option to select a backup image. I selected the most recent backup and once everything was recovered, Windows 10 Preview worked 20 times better. Cellular data was up and running as well as Wifi and other things that were previously crippled. Now, there are still bugs but now my phone is actually functional. Let me know if this helps anyone. Thanks.
    Exact same experience for me...The phone still has some minor bugs but for the most part, it's running really nicely.
    Benny Vallejo likes this.
    04-13-2015 09:29 AM
    @pkoenig,

Is your pop address correct in advanced settings? One issue I experienced, before I did hard reset, was that my sent mails worked alright, arrived at destination, but didn't save to my sent folder. Now, I haven't tested yet, but looking forward to. My mail isn't outlook nor google's, note that. Sure, Microsoft will address a solution. The advanced settings is too simplistic now, I'm afraid.
    04-13-2015 09:45 AM
    After hard resetting, my here drive and maps issues disappeared! A lot of other functions now are working much better than before. What still remains is: can't talk to cortana cause my microphone isn't recognized (lumia 925) only in her environment, before hard reset my bluetooth paired with car's dashboard without any trouble, but today I tried a couple times and couldn't make it (hoping for the best here and that by next build things are ok again. Gabe Aul only mentioned bluetooth problems with cortana as a know issue), quiet hours exception rules aren't working, my glance screen (works alright) settings aren't opening (bing beautiful pics on lock screen aren't cutting through either), Lumia Camera lenses aren't opening (QR scanner...), and IE and Spartan are, at the moment, a worse experience than I got before on 8.1, cause some pages won't load properly, Storage Sense live tile doesn't work after hard reset, Cortana live tile works but doesn't update info as quickly as before, and for now, that's it.
    04-13-2015 10:08 AM
    Camera having an error...
    It says " something went wrong"

Hahhaahhahaha
    04-13-2015 11:48 AM
    I was not able to activate data connection before hard reset and now I have no issues with disabling/enabling data connection at all. It works as it should.
    04-13-2015 11:57 AM
    POTENTIAL SOLUTION FOR NO INTERNET/DATA CONNECTION:

I was not able to get internet/date to work regardless of how many hard resets I did, even when I started fresh (did not restore to a back-up). What I think was happening is a bug that when you enter the APN settings manually, they do not save. What finally worked for me was:

1) connect to wifi
    2) download Nokia Access Point
    3) Open it up (Settings -> Extras -> Access Point
    4) Select a DIFFERENT provider than the one you want, and then wait a few minutes while it tries to switch to that provider
    5) Now select the provider you do want, and Access Point should automatically install the required settings in the background.
    At this point your internet should work.
    04-13-2015 12:41 PM
    After a hard reset on 635 with Windows 10 build 2, The store did not find any updates for default app, so I had to manually hunt down each MSN app and update it. The only apps not updating are Video and Music:
    wp_ss_20150413_0003-2-.png
    They no matter what I do, refuse to update themselves. Now Music can't seem to stream music, and cannot read album art (downloaded from Music app on PC and moved onto phone because the current phone app cannot download any music from OneDrive or Music Pass).

And apparently Cortana has lost her voice. I tried downloading a speech pack but...
    wp_ss_20150413_0004-1-.png
    On top of this, Cortana cannot open apps, set reminders and alarms.
    Most apps seem to run just fine aside from crashing out at random intervals. The only apps that cannot run whatever I do are Pin.it (WP's best Pinterest client) and the Insider Hub. But what annoys me the most is how the text for notifications and pop-ups is bigger, so it renders incorrectly. I hope in a future build they give the option to return it to the old size, but also for people who like the larger text.
    04-13-2015 12:43 PM

I couldn't get a data connection even after many hard resets; it seemed like a bug where the APN settings were wiped and manually entering them they wouldn't save. This trick ended up working for me and might work for others.

1) Connect to Wifi
    2) Install Nokia Access Point from the store
    3) Open Access Point (Settings --> Extras --> Access Point)
    4) Choose carrier other than yours and wait a minute for it to switch.
    5) Now switch back by choosing your carrier and it should automatically update your phone with the correct APN settings.

Hopefully this helped someone.

EDIT:

It seems that after powering off, the settings are lost again and you need to do steps #3-5 again.
    Last edited by the92playboy; 04-13-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    04-13-2015 01:02 PM

I couldn't get a data connection even after many hard resets; it seemed like a bug where the APN settings were wiped and manually entering them they wouldn't save. This trick ended up working for me and might work for others.

1) Connect to Wifi
    2) Install Nokia Access Point from the store
    3) Open Access Point (Settings --> Extras --> Access Point)
    4) Choose carrier other than yours and wait a minute for it to switch.
    5) Now switch back by choosing your carrier and it should automatically update your phone with the correct APN settings.

Hopefully this helped someone.

EDIT:

It seems that after powering off, the settings are lost again and you need to do steps #3-5 again.
    I'm guessing this is for factory unlocked phones. Carrier-branded phones should have the settings baked in, no?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    04-13-2015 03:29 PM
    Can someone tell me if OneDrive is ok. On my 1520 its not the latest version of one drive. If I go into the store and search for OneDrive. It then tells me I have an update but it won't install. Just says attention required etc. Thanks
    04-13-2015 03:31 PM
    I've noticed a lot of lag so far, but I expected that.

Another thing that I was expecting were all my Live Tiles to disappear from the Start Menu, no big deal. However, I've noticed that I can't pin anything to start anymore.

I long press on the app I want to pin, the "Pin to Start" option appears just fine, but when I tap on it the icon just goes grey. I end up tapping on an app to deselect it and have no live tiles appearing.

Edit: I forgot to mention one other bug I've experienced. The camera isn't working right. Most of the app screen is black, and there are 6 boxes running along the edge of the screen. The boxes are the camera and I can see whats in front of me (and the camera)..
    04-13-2015 04:37 PM
    Install a different lens for the camera issue.
    Hard reset and set up as new device to get rid of UI quirks.
    04-13-2015 05:02 PM
    Lockscreen crashes when a drop down menu is selected and the photo app crashes when looking for me photos
    Benny Vallejo likes this.
    04-13-2015 07:49 PM
    Hard reset, now settings app is missing
    04-13-2015 07:51 PM
    Is anyone having issues with outlook syncing to their Microsoft account, along with the calendar and contacts??
    djeire84 likes this.
    04-13-2015 08:12 PM
    Hard reset, now settings app is missing
    Restored a backup? Or set up as a new device?
    04-13-2015 08:15 PM
2,234 ... 910111213 ...