W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulmanafpm

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Unable to register WhatsApp in my Lumia 625 after installing Windows 10. Tried uninstall and reinstall. But failed. What to do?

atherosxd

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: What issues are you having with the new Win10 Build?

Not for me. It says "saving screenshot" at the top, then it switches to "couldn't take screenshot". Nothing in my folders.

Wait... I just turned off Onedrive syncing a screenshot appeared in my photos. Odd.

The Photos app just takes too long to load :)
I turned off onedrive too and it is faster to load :)

Ghyathoo

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

Caller Data .. I found solution for that and it's working now with me smoothly
First make hard reset to your phone after update your extra+info and access point restart your phone
Try it is. Working with me

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

For anyone who is having the "No Cellular Data" or not being able slide data to "on". I was having the same problem after i installed W10 on my phone. The way I installed it was through the Windows Insider App which basically updates and transfers your info and apps to Windows 10 platform. This just messed everything up for me and i was having problems ranging from, but not limited to, no Wifi, jittery Start Screen and no Cellular Data. I was about to revert back to 8.1 but just on a hunch, i decided to do a hard reset and start off with a clean install of Windows 10. Wow, did this make a huge difference. Now, i did say it was a clean install but in reality, i just hard reset my phone and when it booted back up, it gives you an option to select a backup image. I selected the most recent backup and once everything was recovered, Windows 10 Preview worked 20 times better. Cellular data was up and running as well as Wifi and other things that were previously crippled. Now, there are still bugs but now my phone is actually functional. Let me know if this helps anyone. Thanks.

kareem09

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Frustrated. On Lumia 920. Can no longer get the phone screen to even turn on without soft resetting the phone. Won't connect to cellular networks, messaging app won't load, and the phone is slow in general. Not much use right now- I'm rolling back to WP 8.1 as soon as possible.
I had the same exact problem. I did a hard reset in 10TP rather than rolling back. its fine now. still some rendering problems with the keyboard and other elements but it actually awakes now, phone app works, data works, seems like a regular buggy beta now

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

Guys, I've got three major issues on my 925. Microphone doesn't work with Cortana, she doesn't hear me, my offline maps disappeared and here drive doesn't launch, and my sent emails aren't being saved in the sent folder in outlook (my mail isn't Google's nor outlook's). I'm thinking about hard resetting my phone. Already missing the W10 flagship here... ; )

trixsta587

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Hard reset works wonders! But now my music app is stuck on an older version from last October. I try and update and it just fails.

Borika88

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Here apps don't work. But instead the new Maps is a hybrid of Here drive-Here maps-Bing maps. I used the navigation of Maps today. It was quite accurate and the maps where the Nokia maps and not Bing maps (works both offline/online).

Alecthierry

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Since I've installed the Windows Phone 10 update I cannot unlock my phone anymore! Forcing reboot is the only option now....

Reverting back to previous....

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Since I've installed the Windows Phone 10 update I cannot unlock my phone anymore! Forcing reboot is the only option now....

Reverting back to previous....

Well, if you're going to roll back, might as well just hard reset and it will be fixed.

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

there is a bug, where keying in the pin code doesn't seem to be working i.e. what you key in doesnt' appear on the screen, and the phone seems dead... Pay no attention, just type In your code and press enter, it should work... at least it did on mine..

Dave McQueary

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

I had the same thing. I did a hard reset and it works now. I restored from a recent backup. Just gotta wait for it to re-download all my apps and stuff, but that's not too big a deal

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone else noticed that the phantom touches have gone away (for me anyway) and the slow screen rotation is not nearly as slow?
Sent from my Slime Green Lumia 1520

VetDuarte

May 4, 2014
Visit site

Windows 10 bricked my lumia 920 after a soft reset! It is so sad, lumia recovery tool don't recognize the phone either
Connect to Nokia Recovery and, when it tries to find the phone, perform a hard reset. It will recognize the phone and download the 8.1. Then, when it has downloaded, do the same to flash it to the phone.

Enviado via Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs