05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 1234 ...
tools
    Trying to get the cellular data working and I'm still getting nowhere. Any help? Even this settings page doesn't help.
    02-15-2015 10:56 PM
    Here Drive always says it roaming although I have do not roam selected in cellular data
    blackprince likes this.
    02-15-2015 11:47 PM
    Some issues which I observed for W10P TP on my Lumia 830-
    • Back button does not work from App list. So to go back from App list, we have to touch Start key.
    • Back button also does not work while customizing tiles. We have to touch Start key to exit tiles customization.
    • UI transition is not smooth, and some UI elements persist e.g. every time when we pull down Action center, some UI elements are displayed for few moments.
    • Glance Screen settings are not accessible. Even if I updated Glance screen app, I cannot open settings for Glance Screen from “Extras” in Settings.
    • Live Tile for Photo App has option to set only recent photos to be displayed in Start Screen.
    • Photo App is incomplete and we cannot view photos from Albums or Folder.
    • Data Sense options to set limit were disabled for me. So I was not able to set limit for data usage on my prepaid 3G mobile internet.
    02-16-2015 12:03 AM
    Phone hotter than ever before - 635.
    My 635 even got hot on 8.1.1,it's a tad hotter on win10 TP but not enough to really bother about for me,it'll get fixed hopefully in the next build though.
    02-16-2015 01:38 AM
    Does someone use Spotify? When I browse my playlists none of the songs' titles appear and I cannot listen to any of those.
    02-16-2015 02:03 AM
    Wallpaper not showing in my Lumia 730 after windows 10 Upgrade :(
    02-16-2015 04:52 AM
    Wallpaper not showing in my Lumia 730 after windows 10 Upgrade :(
    Remove the previous wallpaper and then try to use the new one. I have noticed that some photos don't get accepted
    02-16-2015 04:54 AM
    It's clear that there are problems, it's the first public TP build, but one thing that they really should have added is a way to DISABLE background apps!! this would have been a more important thing than a new photos app. Battery entry is completely missing from Settings and battery saver it is said that does not display the apps.
    esco757 likes this.
    02-16-2015 08:03 AM
    Preview is good But some problem like battery status not update and some lagging in action centre
    02-16-2015 08:09 AM
    Remove the Battery?
    02-16-2015 08:18 AM
    Hey, I had the same problem on my 830 and although it is a drastic step, a hard reset and restore from backup fixed that problem for me. It also helped overall, the screen jumpiness and overall performance of the os improved greatly.
    02-16-2015 10:33 AM
    Here Drive always says it roaming although I have do not roam selected in cellular data
    Yeah, it does for me as well. Even when I have the data turned off because I have downloaded maps. I reported that to Here Maps through the app, and by the time I got home, I forgot to report it with the Feedback app.
    02-16-2015 06:31 PM
    Apart from other reports here are the issues I found so far:
    -jitter/flicker in screen when typing/normal use(not so much)
    -battery drains a lot faster
    -windows feedback frequently crashing/lagging
    -soft reset may or may not work.
    -copy/paste text doesn't work in Office-only if the text you copied are from the outside of the Office app e.g. Internet.
    02-16-2015 06:45 PM
    The biggest bug that I have encountered has to do with Wi-Fi. After the install I had to add my home router again as we were told. Wi-Fi working for about a day then went to go turn off Wi-Fi for a reason and in the available networks list no networks are listed. Try to toggle Wi-Fi off and it will give you the sliding dots for waiting and nothing happens. Go out of the screen and come back and Wi-Fi is still toggled on and no networks are showing. So I have been using my data in hopes that the next bug fix will take care of this. I have noticed other people having this same issue in the Windows Feedback app. Has anyone here had this issue and been able to figure out a workaround?
    02-16-2015 09:58 PM
    So far after three hard resets of my ATT830, the biggest problem is a way to give feedback. Is the app just really ****ty or is something wrong with my install? The hardware combination doesn't work, hence the reason for all the resets. Secondly, the app ..sigh... I try to enter feedback and it crashes about 90% of the time. Then the few times I managed to submit feedback, how about returning to the main menu. Nope, I have to hit the back button about six times to get out of all the various sub menus. I'm not in the desktop preview so don't know if it's like this, but obviously we really love WP because the worst experience I've had so far is the time it takes me to actually give feedback.
    02-16-2015 11:05 PM
    Can anyone tell me hw to get the speech to text service back??
    Initially it was there, but then I fiddled around with the settings to get Cortana enabled and ever since I am unable to get microphone icon on top of the keyboard.
    02-16-2015 11:26 PM
    Hi, I've tried to search for this but I didn't find it yet.

I can't do shares (in apps) for some reason.

For example:
    - I have scan a song in Shazam then I wanted to share it. I press the share button and I see the list of available apps. I pressed any of these apps and nothing happens.
    - It also happened with Lumia Storyteller. I see the list of apps but it doesn't do anything at all.

Am I the only one having this issue?

By the way, I have WP10 on a Lumia 830 (fake Denim update).
    02-17-2015 09:37 AM
    Lumia 635:
    - seems like offline maps wants to only be installed internally instead of SD card now. (set via Lumia storage check app previously in 8.1). hence checking for map updates says there are updates to be installed but nothing ever gets downloaded. workaround is to use the Lumia storage check app to set it to store maps on the phone again instead of the SD card and then the check for updates works properly again. Lumia storage check app will no longer be able to delete the maps previously stored on your SD card so use the WP10 File Explorer to delete the MapData folder to free up that space.

- blocking telephone numbers for the call+SMS filter doesn't seem to be there working. There is an option from SMS to add new numbers to the block list but no option for adding numbers from your phone call history log.
    02-17-2015 04:50 PM
    Playing videos in Xbox Video app gives a green line at the bottom of the video.
    02-17-2015 07:30 PM
    I fixed Cortana location issue by going into settings under location and clearing location history. This fixed Cortana, but did not fix Nokia here saying I was roaming. Hope this helped.
    02-17-2015 08:53 PM
    I fixed Cortana location issue by going into settings under location and clearing location history. This fixed Cortana, but did not fix Nokia here saying I was roaming. Hope this helped.
    Clearing location history didn't solve the problem for me
    02-17-2015 10:12 PM
    It is now telling me my Microsoft account password has expired any one else seeing this
    02-18-2015 06:08 AM
    I rolled-back to WP8.1.1 (Lumia 830 RM-984). Then setup everything like keyboard languages, Languages, essential apps, speech languages etc,.[But forgot to keep English(United States) on top of languages list.] Then again updated to Windows 10 preview. Now Language settings do not open at all, it crashes and bounce back to Time & Language settings menu. Due to this, I am unable to turn on Cortana, even though I have set region to US and match phone language and speech language is also in English-US. Now I don't want to reset phone and setup everything once again. If I do that I will not be able to download my native keyboard languages.. They say `attention required'. This is really a serious bug.
    02-18-2015 09:43 PM
    How to clear location history? I can't find such settings! Can you elaborate the path to that setting?
    02-18-2015 09:56 PM
    How can i provide feedback? The insider hub always greeting me "you need to be login first".

Internet sharing is not working on my 720.
    02-19-2015 03:27 AM
2,234 1234 ...