The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    For my lumia i noticed that uploading pictures into social media is a hit or miss especially bbm upload. It does not change my display pics.
    05-18-2015 01:03 PM
    Biggest issues for me are my old alarms still going off despite the app being gone (so no sleeping in apparently!) and the battery being used up super quickly (mostly fixed by uninstalling Battery Saver from app list). Also there's a horizontal scaling issue in IE where I can't tap on the three dots to the right of the addy bar, it just reloads the page instead. Lumia Icon
    05-18-2015 01:20 PM
    After the upgrade, my settings, phone and messaging tile were nowhere to be found. Hard Reset worked for me.

Things i've found are:

Fonts and icons are blurry.
    Start screen loading times are ridiculous still.
    Can't make a custom ringtone with MS Ringtone maker.
    Glance Background doesn't support high res images.
    Cortana still isn't available with dark mode.
    Cortana on Band still doesn't work.
    Mobile Hotspot won't initiate if wifi is on. Must turn off wifi for it to work.

Other than those, the phone is usable. Can't wait till they're done with this.

Even worse is we're probably still months away from everything finally working right.
    Last edited by EMINENT 1; 05-18-2015 at 04:47 PM.
    anon(9308532) likes this.
    05-18-2015 04:23 PM
    While it doesn't classify as a bug/defect, anyone here finds the animation for sending a quick reply bad? As in replying a SMS from the toast notification, the way the banner just cascades away. Eek.
    05-19-2015 01:20 AM
    Updated to build 10080, and the start screen did not show up, it just kept showing "Loading"
    Have to hard reset my device, another problem is the keyboard/speech still didn't work
    05-19-2015 06:37 PM
    The OS itself got better but I encounter a HEAVY bug and definitely have to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 until the next build Comes out.

My Lumia 635 Dual Sim isn't getting a cellular data connection anymore, even after I tried all of these steps:

- Soft reset
    - Hard reset (multiple times)
    - Adding Internet APN manually
    - Changing to a different provider profile from the SIM Card
    - Flight mode on/off

I already went back to 8.1 where cellular data immediately worked, then I updated again back to the latest Windows 10 preview and data instantly doesn't work. So even upgrading from a complete fresh 8.1 Installation the data Connection FAILS. WiFi still works, but that's not helping a lot if I'm on the go...

Any suggestions are welcome, but as for now I see not a lot of hope for fixing that one
    DarkTemplar likes this.
    05-20-2015 06:56 AM
    Under add internet apn type in "phone" and everything else leave blank and save. This gives u cell data but mms still does not work. I just had to roll back myself do to my phone getting very hot even with not using it and needing to charge my battery three times a day. Was worried my phone may get fried so now back on 8.1 waiting for new build.
    05-20-2015 07:13 AM
    Under add internet apn type in "phone" and everything else leave blank and save..
    Didn't work, also tried rebooting the phone afterwards. Still no connection. Also already tried all other kinds of tips I found on the web.
    05-20-2015 07:51 AM
    internet sharing doesn't work when the screen turns off. :/ LAMEEEEE!! :D so annoying!!
    05-20-2015 08:25 AM
    How to download English US language pack, Its on queue and not at all downloading even after 2hrs i restarted 5 times also. Can anyone help????
    05-20-2015 08:33 AM
    I installed the latest version last night and it was working "fine", I was receiving notifications from the outlook app and calendar
    Now if I go to "Settings/Notifications and actions" those two apps are not longer there, so the phone is not giving me a notification, even at the live tile.
    Odd enough I have a Band and when I get an email I do get the notification in there immediately, any idea on how to add the apps back into the notification center?
    thanks
    05-20-2015 12:00 PM
    internet sharing doesn't work when the screen turns off. :/ LAMEEEEE!! :D so annoying!!
    2 remarks,

1 In the settings > wifi > manage > there is a box to keep wifi ON or OFf after screenlock
    2 Switch off internet sharing before you power off your phone otherwise Wifi will not work anymore . (Know bug of this build)
    05-20-2015 12:56 PM
    I've signed into my outlook account. But my email is showing my old (Nokia) ovi account. What's even more weird is that the emails displayed are actually my OUTLOOK emails! I have not signed into my ovi/ Nokia account at all. I've reset but it just keeps happening. Using my outlook account shows my Nokia ovi account. Help
    05-20-2015 01:26 PM
    I've signed into my outlook account. But my email is showing my old (Nokia) ovi account. What's even more weird is that the emails displayed are actually my OUTLOOK emails! I have not signed into my ovi/ Nokia account at all. I've reset but it just keeps happening. Using my outlook account shows my Nokia ovi account. Help
    I think it is just the "name" and you can change that.
    Open the outlook mail > tap the hamburger (top left) > tap settings wheel (bottom right) > tap accounts > tap the account > change "account name"

If so please use the windows feedback app to give this feedback to Microsoft even if my suggestion is not true.
    05-20-2015 01:38 PM
    In wp10 battery drain very fast.....so how can i increase my battert life in wp10...plzz provide me any solution if you have...
    05-21-2015 01:01 AM
    My outlook, with 3 email accounts (MS, Gmail & IMAP) added, started crashing from yesterday. Those who are facing the similar issue can try the following steps. At least it worked for me.

1. Go to Settings > System > Storage > phone > email+messaging > manage accounts
    2. Delete all excpet Microsoft account (I fear there is no direct way to add microsoft account once deleted, you will have to hard reset)
    3. Add the emails again using 'add an account'
    4. Give it some time to relax

All the best
    05-21-2015 04:20 AM
    I installed the latest version last night and it was working "fine", I was receiving notifications from the outlook app and calendar
    Now if I go to "Settings/Notifications and actions" those two apps are not longer there, so the phone is not giving me a notification, even at the live tile.
    Odd enough I have a Band and when I get an email I do get the notification in there immediately, any idea on how to add the apps back into the notification center?
    thanks
    The notifications would start appearing slowly. I started seeing it under "Settings/Notifications and actions" after a day or two but have no idea why the delay. Also, the live tile notifications are not consistent. At present, looks like, outlook notifications can not be set at the lock screen.
    05-21-2015 04:48 AM
    2 remarks,

1 In the settings > wifi > manage > there is a box to keep wifi ON or OFf after screenlock
    2 Switch off internet sharing before you power off your phone otherwise Wifi will not work anymore . (Know bug of this build)
    i had the option turned on all the time (the wifi always on) but internet sharing still doesn't work after the screen shuts off (manually or automaticly)
    05-21-2015 07:43 PM
    @harry-S..... The option isn't working to edit...just closes down wjen i hit "edit accounts" feedback sent...
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-21-2015 10:03 PM
    2 annoying things that I use everyday are:

Mobile hotspot stops being able to be triggered after a days use. I have to use this every day when I get in the car for work and when I leave. And, it doesn't connect if wifi is on. Wifi must be toggled off to enable hotspot. When this workaround stops working at the end of the day, I have to reboot.

Reminders stopped working for me yesterday. I used to be able to type, "remind me that break is over in 13 minutes" and it would ask to confirm and offer a button to remind or cancel. Now, inputting results in a blank white screen.
    05-24-2015 12:16 PM
    6tag no longer loads. I've also found that while multitasking alot of apps close. Or get stuck on resuming. Using the 1020 anyone else getting this?
    05-24-2015 08:09 PM
    Can't find glance screen or the "me" tile to pin to the start screen....help
    05-24-2015 08:43 PM
    6tag no longer loads. I've also found that while multitasking alot of apps close. Or get stuck on resuming. Using the 1020 anyone else getting this?
    Same here, on a 1520.
    05-24-2015 08:58 PM
    Can't find glance screen or the "me" tile to pin to the start screen....help

You won't find the me tile as it has been removed. The glance screen is available in the app list. If you don't see it, try hard resetting your phone....
    Harrie-S likes this.
    05-25-2015 04:41 AM
    Funny. Today I lost the "photos" app. Softreset even don't help. Storyteller also gone. Over Lumia camera and creative studio all pics are visible. Lumia 1520.
    05-25-2015 07:42 AM
2,234 ... 2021222324 ...