W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Bugs & Defects on Lumia 520
Some Device Information
  • Model: NOKIA Lumia 520
  • Software: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview
  • OS version: 10.0.12562.84
  • Firmwre revision number: 3058.50000.1425.0007
15 June, 2015 4:05PM GMT+8
Perforamance (Features, etc)
  • Lag - I know that it would be laggy since it is just a technical preview, nonetheless, I will still state it here.
  • Battery Life
  • Became Lumia Cyan from Denim - i do not know if this is normal but when I was still in Windows 8.1 I was in Lumia Denim
  • Apps slow launch time
  • Responsiveness - in general
  • Creating event in outlook calendar
  • Can not click type a message sometimes in messaging - especially when from the notification center
  • Cannot select messages inside a conversation.
  • Long pressing a message in conversation does nothing.
  • No more quick select message like in W8.1 (just tap the most left side of a message)
  • When receiving a message; clicking on the notification does not hide the lock screen and open the message. Just opens the message BEHIND the lock screen.
  • When receiving a message; when the new messaged recevied is from someone in which the conversation is open behind the lock screen; the phone doesn't wake up. And if you unlock the phone, there will be no notification.
    [*]Replying SMS via Toast - Replying SMS via Toast doesn't send the message at all.
    [*]When replying via toast (even it doesn't work) - the message full details is left on the lock screen
    - I only tried this with myself so I do not know how this works if I send a reply via toast to other people, well in my case, with myself; I received the "toast" replies very later and/or these messages just got sent later than the supposed time.
  • Messages are sent so slow
  • Messages received are displayed so slow inside the conversation
  • Back Key does not close apps - in W8.1 pressing the back key closes the app (except in Calendar)
  • Closing apps using the "task manager" (Not frequent) - when closing the last app it should redirect you to the start screen right? But instead it just sends me to a black screen (with the header: clock, signal, etc) and pressing the Start button is the only way to get to the Start Screen
  • Dialpad sound can not be disabled - turning off the "Keypress Sound" does not help
  • Photos App no Album Support - doesn't display the albums during also when choosing a start background, like in W8.1 when you choose a background, you can also view the albums
  • People Hub Tile Not Showing Photos same as W8.1 - no idea if this is a bug or not, but worth mentioning
  • When choosing a background - When you press Back you are sent back to the top of all the photos not in the region where you last selected a photo but changed your mind
  • Wifi automatically turns on - I set it to manual but it turns on but it self
  • Typing a recipient in SMS takes way too long to show a result - not as fast as was in W8.1
  • Camera App can not do anything - can't take a picture, can not exit using back key, nothing happens when tapping the screen
  • Navigation Keys less responsive - Back Key, Start Key and Search key on Lumia 520 became less responsive, need to really press a certain region (maybe just a feeling, but I will just put it here)
  • Battery Saver automatically changes to "turn on automatically" - it doesn't stay as "always on"
Visual
  • Common Icons no Transparency - icons like calculator, alarm clock are not transparent
  • Background Wallpaper Stretched - wrong move in stretching the wallpaper to fill the part of the "all apps" area
  • Photos App bad quality images - the images are really bad
  • System->Battery Saver->Battery usage->List of apps readability problem(Will post a photo later)
  • Curvy Features(Circle Profile Images, Curvy Switches) - it doesn't really suit the "Tile" approach.
  • Lock Screen Settings Background Switches from Black to White and vice versa randomly - really weird
ETC
  • Transparency -> Opacity - This is just my opinion. I think the word "transparency" is not the right word in the Personalization->Start->Transparency. Cause if you set transparency to 0/zero it means that the icon tile background is visible. Should be Opacity instead, since 0/zero opacity makes an object not visible.
  • I wish all icons would be have transparency. To make the start screen look clean and nice.
Above are just some of the things that I have found "defective" or a "bug".

I installed Windows 10 Technical Preview on my daily phone so I think I'll be able to get more bugs.

The OK Now Part (No Update, Just from testing again)
  • Replying via toast to other people both in the toasty upper part and inside the notification center works fine

Last edited:

Deekshit Addepalli

May 22, 2015
Visit site

After upgrading to the latest build today, after rolling back to 8.1 and going back to Windows 10...I cannot add my Exchange 365 email into the Outlook Mail app

A ton of applications that I use fail to install with Error Code: 0x803F8001
Most important of them all is the Backup Assistant Plus...it backs up my contacts to the cloud every day so I don't have to worry about losing them...

Kizzy Catwoman

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

I have updated. Bought my phone in France and it installed it in French. Had to install English and German separately. Cortana comes up as unavailabme in my region so I have not got quiet hours. Twitter had to be uninstalled and reinstalled to work. Had uninstalled skype before upgrading and reinstalled that. Under settings I cannot open the setting for email and accounts. Just crashes and doesn't open. Also when I click on all settings in notifications it asks me to install an app from the store. Did same for a few settinga as well. No option for 4G under sim and mobile settings just 3G.

Data sense no option to set a limit yet. Cannot install language speech packs as they error and fail to download.

Will try to get cortana by changing region as I use her too often but this build seems pretty solid and most of the bugs are minor. Missing the quick action for turning mobile data on and off. That needs to come back.

I will have to send all this through the feedback app. Anyone else having these issues? Installed on 640XL dual sim LTE

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Latest TP: anybody else finding that their wallpaper is scaled larger than the screen area again, like an old build from months back? It seems like they've added a touch of parallax scrolling so the wallpaper moves a little behind the tiles, but in the process of providing that vertical "give" our wallpapers have extended off to the right too.

Prudhvi Raj

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

my lumia 620 has been restarting after the spinning wheels forever... I have just started to roll back to 8.1 using WPRT... :(
anyone with the same problem??

imLou

May 28, 2013
Visit site

build 10136 issue

? when i set english as default language and press button to restart the device nothing happens. i cant change OS language.
? microsoft marketplace dosent show my device. so i cant 'find my device' or use the marketplace to download apps
? blue skies app tile doesnt work

jeffreyarcillas

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

lumia 620 10136 build

i dun have internet explorer, camera and the setting page is old look. cant soft reset. my power button broken. help

Christian Holzer

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 930 + 10360

I did update all apps using the store (beta)

I can not get the Outlook Mail and Calander apps to work.

1. They ask me to add an account.
  2. When I choose "outlook" (first option) a loading page shows up, and then I get back to the selection screen.
  3. If I choose "exchange" I can enter the mail and password, but then it tells me that this account has already been added to the phone - it is my primary windows account that I use for the phone.
Do the outlook apps currently not support the primary windows account on your phone?

No Contacts

After the upgrade all contacts have been lost, and it looks like 10360 is unable to restore them from my primary Microsoft account.

Last edited:

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site

I have a few issues on my 930, but i have (yet) not hard reset my device after upgrading.
i have to say that i have not upgrade from a clean install, but where everything was already productive setup (many apps, accounts...):

- Background Image is ugly and blurred
- Icons in Tiles are often to small and also blurred (not all, but for example, Messaging and Spartan
- MSN News app Shows no live tile
- Outlook Mail: Touch on the delete button in a email Detail view deletes the mail but delivers no Feedback
- Xbox App, Social Pivot: error message, cant connect
- App loading time is very slow (but Overall Performance is great)
- OneDrive App doesnt work at all. it always Shows no data (have disconnected/reconnected account and uninstalled/installed the app)
- OneNote: "Cursor" "jumps" often, is not really usable
- Audio recognition works in for example eMail, but not in Cortana (there is an error with Audio recognition). I am on german language

Could anybody confirm these Problems ?

Last edited:

dacblack

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 730.
navigation bar is not hiding?
Cant update some apps from Store beta with error 0x803F8001.
(GameHub, touch, extras+info, Here Maps, Nokia account, network+, audio, call+ SMS filter)
Uninstall for these apps is not available.

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site

As some of us are still in build 10080 even after the release of new build.
Some may not have pc.
Some may not have that wooping fast unlimited plan.
Or any..............to roll back to Wp8.1
And in one of them is me as well.
I'm confused now,
Should it be better to wait for next build or rolling back is the only way.
And also, someone here can inform me about the next release date of new build to 10080 insiders.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

The build is a lot stable on my 720.. Bugs which are often seen are
1.The pin bug.. It would be better if you use this build without pin..
2. Action centre toggles blink and are not usable.. Restart to fix..
3. Screenshots cant be sent through whatsapp.. Fix for that is move the screenshot to camera roll through file explorer and then you can send it through whatsapp
4. Apps which you own wont install the full version and will run trial version.. No fix for that
5. For any other bugs comment below.. :)

MOD EDIT:

Although we can discuss workarounds here - PLEASE make sure you add your troubles and file them in the Feedback app. That's the ONLY way they will be fixed in next build.

1) Have you done a clean install?
2) Have you tried to reboot your phone?
3) Have you tried a hard reset?

If you still reproduce the bug/defect - it is real - lets talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786