W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetFixxxer

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

This build is much faster..

Issues
-Maestro crashes
-Can't use quiet hours. The moon keeps flashing
-Voice Activation not working. Keep receiving my phone doesn't support this.
-Can't log into my Windows account just local.
-No Cortana

ashwinp90

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

1. quiet hours blinking toggle
2. action centre when pulled down cant be pulled back..it doesnt respond for some time...i have to use the windows key to go to start screen
3. a missed call notification stuck on my lockscreen
4. still hate using store(beta)...crrashes and very slow in starting downloading and installing

Tom Kufeldt

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Problem: I cannot log in to my phone. I am a prompted to change my pin when I first start the phone but I cannot access the Confirm PIN field.

T-Mobile Lumia 925
Upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 to Fast Ring last night (6/26/2015)

My phone was configured to connect to my corporate email account. The corporate password policy is prompting me to change my pin during my first log in attempt. While I can enter a new pin in the New PIN field I cannot access the Confirm PIN field. Tapping the Confirm PIN field results in the keyboard flashing on and then off.

As far as I can tell I have to use the software recovery tool to reset my phone to WP8.1.

daddepalli

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I have the same problem with Quiet Hours..actually last night, most of the icons in the Action center were blinking..I rebooted the phone and they are OK now (except for Quiet Hours)l.

I cannot get the Flashlight to work...hitting the flashlight button on the Action Center just turned my phone (HTC One M8) unbelievably hot and I just shut down the phone to allow it to cool down.

the worst of all is that I still cannot configure my Exchange 365 email with the Outlook Mail app. This used to work in one of the older builds and now it doesn't.

I really miss pinning my individual email accounts to the start screen so that I can just navigate to whichever account I want instead of having to use the Hamburger menu. its NOT user friendly

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

Quite miraculously on my 830, this build installed without any glitches the first time and I didn't even have to do a hard reboot.

Main issues from me:
Pulling down Action center is wonky. Won't respond a lot of times.
Some of the apps had to be uninstalled and reinstalled
MixRadio is broken. Won't open. Won't uninstall.
Cannot change wallpaper.

Dhanajit Ray

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

music is not playing in the app.. plays through file explorer though... getting error 0xc1010107... any fix???

Last edited:

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

re-pin those tiles. It seems that the old 8.1 versions are in the system somewhere and its trying to open that instead. At least with my Phone and People hub thats what happened to me on my 830.

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I installed this latest build on Lumia 920. I had WP 8.1 before that.
Then did hard reset as suggested in this thread and phone got stuck on spinning gears for nearly an hour.
After that I tried the procedure as suggested here. It took nearly 30 minutes and my phone was alive.

So a cautious note for Lumia 920 owners who are thinking to do Hard Reset after installation of Windows 10 Mobile.

shayankmr9

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Does the slow charging problem solved in L-730..? I tried the 10080 and 10136..nd m back to 8.1 for 10149 beacause downloading was stuck at 0% , In both the build slow charging notification showed up while battery was draining so quickly.. So does the slow charging problem gone..?

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

• Not able to play Microsoft Solitaire Collection (crashing)
• Not able to play AVI files with VLC (audio plays, no video)

Jess Sturgeon

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site

I cannot get past the lock screen on 1520 -- mine keeps accepting digits and never attempts to validate -- as if its looking for <Enter> key press. Soft resets don't help, and can't get into the phone to reset. Hard-reset key sequence of (vol- and power and camera) doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thanks to Harrie-S -- this is a known issue (see below).

Last edited:

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 810 gets into an infinite reboot loop when updating from 8.1. The only fix is doing a hard reset, after what it works normally.

Last edited:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Fandangarino

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Struggling with apps loading from the store. Had the same problem with the previous build. I pulled the SD card out to see if that would help, but had told apps to install to the phone anyway. I did a reset since I was having the same problem on 130 or whatever the previous build was. Did not restore from backup so the only new app is the Insider app to get the IP. Lumia 635 on AT&T. No SIM so only on WiFi. Getting fairly frustrated at this point. Is this just me or is anyone else having similar experiences? Oh and I have tried soft resets and pulling the battery to determine if that may help. No luck so far. Stuck at 22 queued updates for hours now.

jsteelio

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I have my gmail account enabled and messages is working fine for me, at least for now

I enabled Gmail again on my 635 and messages again stopped sending/receiving messages unless I reboot. I guess you are one of the few lucky ones not affected by this bug.

foxibs

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site

I enabled Gmail again on my 635 and messages again stopped sending/receiving messages unless I reboot. I guess you are one of the few lucky ones not affected by this bug.

Probaby I guess. I was surprised that I haven't had this issue yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99