The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Everyone out here! There is hope. Endless loading of start screen occurs only when show more tiles option is used. That is if you're experiencing the problem you can just go to start screen settings in personalisation and under that switch off the show more tiles toggle. That's it the endless loop will be gone forever.
    But it will be back once you switch the toggle back on. Hopefully this bug will be ironed out in the upcoming build.
    07-11-2015 06:17 AM
    Everyone out here! There is hope.....
    NO, it is not the source of the problem unfortunately, it's always off on my phone and I still having problems with loading, even after hard reset and setting image to none, currently I'm testing it with radically reduced number of tiles on full screen wallpaper and 11% tile transparency, so far, so good....
    07-11-2015 07:18 AM
    I need help. I thought the installation was stuck after waiting for half an hour, so i restarted my phone. After that, every time i turn on the phone i get the screen that shows the installation starting and then my phone restarts. How can i fix it?
    07-11-2015 07:28 AM
    I need help. I thought the installation was stuck after waiting for half an hour, so i restarted my phone. After that, every time i turn on the phone i get the screen that shows the installation starting and then my phone restarts. How can i fix it?
    You have to rollback and try again...
    07-11-2015 07:29 AM
    I can't seem to get email to work properly if it's not an outlook/exchange account. For example, my Gmail and yahoo accts initially sync, but after the set up, I can't seem to send/receive from those accounts. My outlook and work email (exchange) seem to be fine.

Thoughts?
    07-11-2015 07:31 AM
    Can anyone open all apps? I can't open windows central for example, and all of the settings under extras as well. Keeps telling me an update might be in the store.. I think it's only Silverlight apps that don't work, universal apps do open in general..
    07-11-2015 07:39 AM
    Still the damn glance screen not working here... Did a hard reset and nothing work.
    07-11-2015 07:43 AM
    On my Lumia 920 not a single app starts. I get a message, when I try to open settings for example, like "settings can nog be started. It's possible there is an update the available in the store". A similar message appears for every single app (third party or system app) that I want to open.

A hard reset will probably work but how do you trigger a hard reset manual?
    07-11-2015 07:43 AM
    Seems like messaging notification settings disappeared from Notifications & Actions in build 10166. Unable to set private lock screen notification and unable to change the tone!
    07-11-2015 08:35 AM
    On my Lumia 920 not a single app starts. I get a message, when I try to open settings for example, like "settings can nog be started. It's possible there is an update the available in the store". A similar message appears for every single app (third party or system app) that I want to open.

A hard reset will probably work but how do you trigger a hard reset manual?
    From the menus: Settings > System > About > Reset my phone

Via the hardware buttons (might be different on different handsets, look it up if this doesn't work): Power off, hold Volume Down until you see "!" on the screen, then VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, POWER, VOLUME DOWN and wait while the phone reboots and begins the reinstallation process
    07-11-2015 09:15 AM
    At 520 after adding google account to an Outlook mail sync is not working. After I did a clean install of reset.
    07-11-2015 09:38 AM
    Still the damn glance screen not working here... Did a hard reset and nothing work.
    same here on L830. after upgrade from 8.1 it was there but not functional. the phone wasn't usable after upgrade so I had to hard reset as expected. After that glance screen is gone.
    When I use sysapp push the store reports it's already installed. It shows the option to "open" it. then it asks to restart now. After restart I can go through sysapp pusher, store and use the "open" glance screen within store app and change night mode....
    cumbersome but OK since I rarely change those settings.

thanks for the tip Zulfigar!
    07-11-2015 09:40 AM
    Upgraded from 8.1 on a Lumia 1520 and performed a hard reset. Everything working great after app updates except Groove Music. It is only showing about 5 artists from my SD card but showing my entire streaming collection. I have a music pass and would really like to be able to listen to my offline songs. Anyone have any luck fixing this?
    Last edited by Mike Pelini; 07-11-2015 at 09:53 AM. Reason: spelling error
    07-11-2015 09:48 AM
    On the new build released yesterday. 1020 user. Lumia camera is gone and with the old store not there can no longer install it. Any idea? This is my main reason for this device is the Camera!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    07-11-2015 10:20 AM
    On the new build released yesterday. 1020 user. Lumia camera is gone and with the old store not there can no longer install it. Any idea? This is my main reason for this device is the Camera!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
    It's not missing on my phone. Chances are, you've got a problem because of updating without a hard reset, and old OS features are conflicting with new ones. Settings > System > About > Reset my phone.
    07-11-2015 10:25 AM
    On Lumia 535, downloading speech language is not working.
    07-11-2015 10:46 AM
    Update not downloading.. it stuck on 32 % for more than 5 hours.. any solution for this?
    07-11-2015 11:00 AM
    I dont understand how come e new build can be worse then the previous... looks like no testing...
    07-11-2015 12:23 PM
    I dont understand how come e new build can be worse then the previous... looks like no testing...
    Who said it is worse? It is in comparable better if you ask me with only one serious bug that I managed to fix after reducing number of tiles on start screen...
    07-11-2015 12:32 PM
    Anyone else having problems even getting the store to open? Between that and Facebook not loading in the people hub, I may just rollback since I still don't know when band functionality will come
    07-11-2015 12:39 PM
    I have 10166 running on my 1520, 640, and Icon, all were of course hard reset. They all 3 have this in common:

1) Can't adjust the glance screen settings, the glance screen app tried to update and install but failed. My glance screen settings came over from my backup and it works, but the settings don't appear in the control panel.

2) Can't hear any text notifications, can't even figure out HTF to even change the tone for the texts. VERY annoying!

3) The Outlook mail app is still a POS. Crashes all the time and only even syncs with Gmail the very first time I set it up. I have to keep deleting the account and re-adding it! I'll have to download a 3rd party Gmail app just because of this problem. This renders my calendar useless though :(

I also had a lock screen issue on my 1520 after Pandora. If I pause Pandora then try to log in, I enter my digits and nothing. If I log in BEFORE pausing Pandora, it works. This was via streaming BT.

The Office preview apps won't install on my 640, keeps saying errors on their end. Yeah that's bloody helpful.

Allot of the Verizon apps on the Icon fail, probably a good thing lol. myAT&T app crashes when I try to run it, who cares.

TruCaller doesn't work.

Aside from that, seems barely OK. Lags like a mofo on all 3 phones and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells so something doesn't crash lol.

Basically the fun of BETA testing :D
    Last edited by 92GTA; 07-11-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Live2Deliver likes this.
    07-11-2015 12:54 PM
    I got to my glance screen settings, on a 1520, by using SysApp Pusher. Then I was able to edit them even though the setting didin't appear under the "Extras" menu.
    07-11-2015 12:57 PM
    2) Can't hear any text notifications, can't even figure out HTF to even change the tone for the texts. VERY annoying!
    Settings/System/Notifications & Actions. Then under Show notifications from These Apps, click on "Messaging" (It's not obvious that it is a link) and then select Notification Sound.

Your other points I agree with, though the Outlook problem seems to be specific to Gmail so I just don't use my Gmail for now as it is just a secondary e-mail address for me. It works fine with Exchange or Outlook/Hotmail.
    07-11-2015 01:12 PM
    Settings/System/Notifications & Actions. Then under Show notifications from These Apps, click on "Messaging" (It's not obvious that it is a link) and then select Notification Sound.
    Hahahaha, ok yeah you have to touch the screen towards the left by the icon for the setting to appear, aweful piece of design work there lol! Thanks!
    07-11-2015 01:32 PM
    When I try to record a voice note in Whatsapp or in Voice Recorder even in Lumia Camera the sound in muted. These only occurs on Windows 10 Mobile (build 10.0.10166) on a Lumia 930.

Any suggestion?
    07-11-2015 02:54 PM
2,234 ... 4445464748 ...