W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

I was enjoying this build, everything seem to be going well.
During updating apps, Viber was being updated and no longer works, I cannot uninstall it as the option is greyed out and the update ends in an error.

Looks like I might have to go back to windows 8.1. hmmm

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

During updating apps, Viber was being updated and no longer works, I cannot uninstall it as the option is greyed out and the update ends in an error.

Did that happen using the beta store? I've been updating apps only through the old store and haven't had this problem. The one and only app I tried to update through the beta store gave me this same problem.

Naveen Navi V

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

hello guys, i have a problem unlocking mu phone. when i swipe up it say ENTER A1B2C3 anyone faced this. please help me with my issue not able to use my phone.

Jon Obi

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Can't find the people app on my 535...can't pin apps like bbm...WhatsApp...can't find messaging app...music app can't play any of my songs gives error 0xc1010107(0xc00d36c3)...can't access skype cept through cortana

taraque20

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site

hello guys, i have a problem unlocking mu phone. when i swipe up it say ENTER A1B2C3 anyone faced this. please help me with my issue not able to use my phone.

Type A1B2C3 and press enter. Then it should come to lock screen but with the keyboard. Type the password with the keyboard then it should work. Happened to me.

MRTSPORTS1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't install 'extras and info' on this build, I have no 'double tap to wake screen' either. I used that a lot :x

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Going to have to uninstall, I think. My contacts receive endless duplicates of the same text message from me (i.e. I send a message once, they get a flood of 6-10 copies) and I don't get the messages from them telling me to cut it out (I only find out from bemused emails!).

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Totaly unstable build and the bad thing is that i heard from a lot of people from the forum and the reporters that it was stable for normal use.So to start of so you dont think i just troll.
1)The notifications push or from the notification center dont work( you cant get into the up from the notification)
2)Fast replie doesnt work(nor to messager of viber or skype)
3)80% of times half of the live tiles doesnt refresh
4)50% of tiles cant be opened from start screen
5)A lot of lag on camera and some times only shows a green color.
6)Store beta takes a lot of time to load and even more time to download apps (not internet problem)
7)Apps like weather and here drive and calendar just dont open (nor from tile or all apps) and cant be deleted.
8)Sudden restarts when a app crushes.
9)Slower graphics on most of the games.
10)battery drains like hell from 100% to 20% in about 5 hours.
Not to mention a lot of other bugs.Totaly disappointed by the build and the optaization .I am not a newbie on test have tested windows 8.1 on phone from the start and also windows 10 on pc but i have never seen such a bad performarnce i was ready to downgrade to 8.1 from the first 2 days.In conclusion i am not recomending this build not even on the test device cause even the testing of the new features is not able to be done.

Last edited:

Ivar Torgilstveit

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

I'm using this build on my L930 and it works pretty well but I must admit I have some issues that I struggle with.

1. I'm not able to set max data usage pr.month so my phone constantly sends messages that I have exceeded my data limit. I typically get these massages lik 5+ times a minute and especially if I'm not connected to wifi. Any suggestion on how to disable these messages as there is no option to remove them in the settings menue? According to the data monitor my data usage is normal.

2. My incoming exchange email don't update on start screen tile and I do not get an option to get unread outlook emails notification on my lock screen, only outook calendar.

3. People live tile don't show contacts on start screen

Any suggestions.

Bar0n

May 28, 2014
Visit site

wp_ss_20150703_0002.png
Does anyone have overlapping tiles problems? Every once in a while whatsapp decides to get out from the folder and hide behind cortana tile. Sometimes it happens with Age of Empires tile too.

Javadevil

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Did that happen using the beta store? I've been updating apps only through the old store and haven't had this problem. The one and only app I tried to update through the beta store gave me this same problem.

It happened on both, I did a hard reset back to a clean install of 10149 and viber installed through new store works.

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

This build definitely was great and much more stable than the previous ones, and I really love the direction Microsoft is taking with the operating system. It starts to feel really advanced now and with better design ideas. However, due to the amount of bugs and specially random reboots and poor battery life on my Lumia 1520, I just happily reverted back to WP8.1

My phone was getting warm SO fastly, just some 20 seconds after taking it cold from the table, it would instantly start to feel warm on the upper right area on the back.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

There are two versions of Viber on the Store Beta app. One will install the other won't. Search for it on Bing, like "Viber for Windows Phone" and try the two links. One of them will work.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I can't install 'extras and info' on this build, I have no 'double tap to wake screen' either. I used that a lot :x

No one can yet. It's a bug with the Build. And double tap to wake is in Touch app. Download it and it'll show up in Extras inside Settings.

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Totaly unstable build and the bad thing is that i heard from a lot of people from the forum and the reporters that it was stable for normal use.So to start of so you dont think i just troll.
1)The notifications push or from the notification center dont work( you cant get into the up from the notification)
2)Fast replie doesnt work(nor to messager of viber or skype)
3)80% of times half of the live tiles doesnt refresh
4)50% of tiles cant be opened from start screen
5)A lot of lag on camera and some times only shows a green color.
6)Store beta takes a lot of time to load and even more time to download apps (not internet problem)
7)Apps like weather and here drive and calendar just dont open (nor from tile or all apps) and cant be deleted.
8)Sudden restarts when a app crushes.
9)Slower graphics on most of the games.
10)battery drains like hell from 100% to 20% in about 5 hours.
Not to mention a lot of other bugs.Totaly disappointed by the build and the optaization .I am not a newbie on test have tested windows 8.1 on phone from the start and also windows 10 on pc but i have never seen such a bad performarnce i was ready to downgrade to 8.1 from the first 2 days.In conclusion i am not recomending this build not even on the test device cause even the testing of the new features is not able to be done.

1- Hard reset.
2- It works for the apps that is compatible with the feature, like Messaging app. Developers have to update their apps first to use it.
3- Hard reset.
4- Hard reset.
5- Camera is Laggy as hell, but I don't know about the color...
6- Hard reset.
7- Hard reset.
8- That's random.
9- Don't know about that. Don't play games on my phone.
10- You're right, mine went from 100 to 0 in 6 hours, and another time from 71 - 50 in 58 mins. Both times the phone was sitting alone, face down (Glance off).

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

This build definitely was great and much more stable than the previous ones, and I really love the direction Microsoft is taking with the operating system. It starts to feel really advanced now and with better design ideas. However, due to the amount of bugs and specially random reboots and poor battery life on my Lumia 1520, I just happily reverted back to WP8.1

My phone was getting warm SO fastly, just some 20 seconds after taking it cold from the table, it would instantly start to feel warm on the upper right area on the back.

Yes, this build drains battery faster, and heats up the device during stand by. But random reboots and crashes are mostly solved by a hard reset, at least for me.
And I have to say, I don't know how anyone could love the "direction Microsoft is taking" WP 10 is shaping up to be really ugly (Of course, Hamburger menus), and a lot of users agree with that. I guess it's just a matter of opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077