W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong Yun-seong

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I am using a Lumia 640 XL Dual SIM. These are some of the issues I've experienced so far after installing the latest build.
- Keyboard disappears when on LANDSCAPE mode. So there is no way to create a message/email whn you're trying to type it with your phone on landscape mode.
- Some apps I have installed on Windows phone 8.1 are no longer available for download in the STORE (Both Store and Store BETA) after a reset (Asphalt 7, Modern Combat, and others)
- Microsoft Edge is good overall. However, even after a hard reset it doesnt display the facebook mobile page correctly. When you go to m.facebook.com, you just see a few texts, but there is no way to login because of the way the page is displayed.
- It takes too long to share a single photo on Facebook. (Much slower compared to 8.1)
- STORE BETA doesn't recognize that an app is already installed. It still gives you the option to INSTALL even if the app is already installed.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
- It takes too long to share a single photo on Facebook. (Much slower compared to 8.1)
It is slower indeed, but definitely not the most annoying issue with the universal photo app...
forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/365533-only-me-new-universal-photo-app-truly-terrible.html

- Microsoft Edge is good overall. However, even after a hard reset it doesnt display the facebook mobile page correctly. When you go to m.facebook.com, you just see a few texts, but there is no way to login because of the way the page is displayed..
All browser are affected with this issue not only Edge, it looks pretty much the same on Opera and Surfy as well, it seams that OS reports totally wrong resolution and therefore facebook isn't rendered as it is supposed to be... but I am not sure either, just guessing...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

It's impossible for me to change accent color 'in 3rd party apps', no mater which one I choose accent color in apps remains orange but the same time on the system level (start screen, settings, etc) changing colors works just fine...

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

The build is a lot stable on my 720.. Bugs which are often seen are
3. Screenshots cant be sent through whatsapp.. Fix for that is move the screenshot to camera roll through file explorer and then you can send it through whatsapp

the other work around is to go to photos and share via what's app

grazy1982

May 28, 2014
Visit site

It is slower indeed, but definitely not the most annoying issue with the universal photo app...
forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/365533-only-me-new-universal-photo-app-truly-terrible.html

I wonder if sharing is slower to facebook because of the file size? one of the points made about duel capture i.e. high mp and 5mp was that the 5mp was "perfect for sharing" I have just noticed that using default camera app saves full res to camera roll whereas lumia camera classic saves 5mp to camera roll. assuming both file sizes exist for both apps but maybe when sharing its using the bigger file size when it should actually be looking at the lower res 5mp version?

All browser are affected with this issue not only Edge, it looks pretty much the same on Opera and Surfy as well, it seams that OS reports totally wrong resolution and therefore facebook isn't rendered as it is supposed to be... but I am not sure either, just guessing...

Erik Latranyi

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

So, unfortunately, I had to roll my 1520 back to 8.1

Most everything worked great. Yes, issues with photos and attaching them either through an app or from the album itself.

(one trick is when you are attaching a photo from an app, give the phone about 30 seconds on the blank screen. many times it opens the album and lets you choose which picture)

The final straw that forced me to roll back to 8.1 was missed calls and missed SMS. The phone would sit for more than an hour with no SMS messages or calls getting through.

Akella2345

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Hey guys, I have issue with most of system apps (camera, contacts, photos etc.). When I try to launch the app I see the message:
"Ther's a problem with Camera. First, try to buy the app. If it doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again". Are there some way to fix this problem without hard reset?

Devogod

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

hello all. i've read of problems with MMS on Icon (and i think other phones as well). i had problems too but i got mms fully working on my Icon with a cricket sim. i followed the instructions for the icon with t-mobile/denim found in this forums (i can't link to it, because i only have like 2 posts). there were a few differences though. heres what i did:

1 - Network & Wireless > Cellular + SIM
2 - Select sim and click properties
3 - Add Internet APN for your particular carrier (cricket in my case). dont forget to click Apply
4 - Install Access Point
5 - Open the Application. it doesn't let you do anything.
6 - reboot phone
7 - Change the date to year 2115
8 - Open Access point again. it does not ask to uninstall on wp10. just open it, and then close it.
9 - Change the date back and turn on the automatically
10 - Send a MMS to yourself to activate.

I couldn't find Access Point in either store, so i did a cortana search for 'wp8 access point' and found the link to it there, and when it asks me which store to select, i selected the old store. it then installed fine.

also, i did not set my internet apn settings back to 'default'.

i dont know if only part of these steps, or all of them together is what helped. but whatever the case, my icon now has mms working fine on a non-verizon carrier. i hope this helps someone out

bagfatnick

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Ran into a bit of an odd bug with 10149 on my Lumia 1020. Basically the lock screen never times outs and dims. If a notification arrives the lock screen turns on and never goes off till I manually press the lock button. Tested this multiple times.
My battery usage shows that the lock screen is responsible for >60% of my battery use.
Ive done a full reset to 8.1 and a clean install of 10149 but it seems that the problem persists.
​any idea how to solve this?

anon(114076)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

On my Lumia 920, I'm unable to use the microphone to say my name when changing it in Cortana. When I click the microphone to speak my name so Cortana learns to pronounce it correctly, the microphone does not turn on. I have no problems using the microphone to talk to Cortana to do searches, etc.

ajwalker

Jan 15, 2008
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I really like Windows 10 Mobile but the no wifi on 1520 is a deal breaker. I'm around wifi all day, no need to use up my cellular data. I went back to 8.1, may try to see if the hard reset back to 8.1 fixed the problem this weekend when I have more time to make sure wifi is working.

​Windows 10 Mobile is gorgeous though.

Sean Sullivan2

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site

19 pages of reading and still did not see an answer to the question asked a couple of times here. Has anyone been able to log into their Office 365 based accounts? I was running 10149 on my ICON, and it would not log into my work account (Office 365). It craps out saying to uninstall or buy. Hard reset the phone and still the same error. This also affects my alumni account which is also Office 365 based. Any ideas or solution would be great.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Anyone having problems with music app!? Don't know why but it refuse to play some songs that worked just fine on WP8?!'

View attachment 107976 View attachment 107977

I gave up on Music app, it screwed up my entire music library, don't know why but I lost tags on lot of songs and to make it even worse I lost some songs as well, not to mention that it refuse to play more than 50% of the songs that works just fine with 3rd players or if you run it from file explorer. So finally I delete all music from the phone, upload it again, install first music player that appeared in the store 'QuickPlay' and have no problems anymore, and now I'm not going to even touch music shortcut until the next update...

Babu S

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Lot of bugs in my Lumia 540.

1.Notification & control center sometimes black screen.

2.Notification messages shows even my phone is locked. And that setting on/off not working.

3. After playing games(ccs) or browsing over heating and restarts often or black screen.

4.Unable to pin app from list when it is in bright mode. When I select any app it shows all actions are black.

5.Here apps are not updating in Store beta.

6.HD videos not working and mp4 videos are also greens. But in 8.1 it was worked well.

7.Slow Camera functions, Video recording not working,Photo updating is dead slow.

8.Microsoft edge is closing or phone restarts when I try to play HD videos.

Overall in my lumia 540 is too laggy with windows 10 build 10149.

Any idea or suggestions just reply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99