05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 ... 5556575859 ...
tools
    I have had the touchscreen become inactive and I can't unlock the phone. Had to reset using power and volume down button.

Battery life is terrible.

There was an occasion when the screen won't rotate too.

Also I've had a couple of instances when I can't do Swype on my keyboard.
    07-14-2015 08:12 PM
    No issue taking a picture with Lumia Camera, but once I try to open it to see it, the camera app crashes.

Built-in camera no issues taking photos or viewing them. Also using the Lumia 930.

Which camera app are you having issue with?
    By default my camera button launches Lumia Camera. After the last update the button does nothing. It says loading for a second and then goes back to the last screen.
    07-14-2015 09:16 PM
    Turns out: No way to change the password on an existing email account. Lots of reports in the feedback app forover a month. Hello?
    07-14-2015 11:57 PM
    Battery life is terrible.
    I agree but it is FAR BETTER than from the previous build
    07-15-2015 01:49 AM
    I've been looking on these forums for the answer to the no data issue with this latest build but haven't figured it out yet. I can't text nor connect to the web with my t-mobile Lumia 810. Did hard reset and soft reset.
    Last edited by glossallalia; 07-15-2015 at 04:41 AM.
    07-15-2015 04:30 AM
    Touchscreen becomes unresponsive. After rebooting my startscreen will keep loading for a very long time before i can use it again. Had it yesterday and now today as well. Annoying as ****
    07-15-2015 04:56 AM
    Anyone found a workaround for the Gmail thing? I've done a hard reset without restoring backups to no avail.

Seems that I found the workaround finally. Go to Outlook Mail settings, then accounts. Open Gmail account and delete it. Create Gmail account again, but let it configured as it is by default. Do not go to account settings and DO NOT change them. Of course you can open settings, but do not change, do not save. Gmail account only works with default settings. If you change anything and save, it will never sync again. (Tried several times 😉).
    07-15-2015 05:28 AM
    Am I the only one to miss the settings icon from the outlook mail? I figured out that mail accounts can be added through the People hub settings.
    Also, with the latest update, I am not able to find where I can configure the swipe actions on mails.
    07-15-2015 05:36 AM
    Am I the only one to miss the settings icon from the outlook mail? I figured out that mail accounts can be added through the People hub settings.
    Also, with the latest update, I am not able to find where I can configure the swipe actions on mails.

In Outlook Mail press hamburger button in very upper left corner and then on screen settings button in very bottom right corner. Or you do not have settings button there?
    mistryapurva likes this.
    07-15-2015 05:48 AM
    Battery life had been excellent for me on my 640 up until last night when battery drained about 50% in one hour using youtube app tube pro.Most of this hour the video I was watching was paused.
    07-15-2015 05:50 AM
    Glance doesn't work, can't change alert tones...but can't hear them anyways.
    go to your history within store beta, go down your apps history. you will have to expand. go down until you find glance. if you click on it it takes you to its page. once its refreshed it should say open. my asked for a restart. then do the same again but this time when you open it it will take you to the settings. you can amend as required. job done :)
    07-15-2015 05:51 AM
    Seems that I found the workaround finally. Go to Outlook Mail settings, then accounts. Open Gmail account and delete it. Create Gmail account again, but let it configured as it is by default. Do not go to account settings and DO NOT change them. Of course you can open settings, but do not change, do not save. Gmail account only works with default settings. If you change anything and save, it will never sync again. (Tried several times ).
    I'll try, but I must confess that I don't like the idea of having auto syncs instead of hourly updates. I really hope this gets fixed soon.
    07-15-2015 05:51 AM
    Use Lumia Camera Beta. Works with my Lumia 930
    installed as you say, from a web link to store. was surprised it let me download!! but I opened it and it said its not supported on my device! must be because I am running it on a 1020! and this is probably the same as lumia camera. I need lumia camera Classic and unless I can sideload I guess I have lost it!

really thinking its time to move back to 8.1.........
    07-15-2015 06:01 AM
    installed as you say, from a web link to store. was surprised it let me download!! but I opened it and it said its not supported on my device! must be because I am running it on a 1020! and this is probably the same as lumia camera. I need lumia camera Classic and unless I can sideload I guess I have lost it!

07-15-2015 06:09 AM

I had the same problem when i first installed this build. Camera button said you need to download Lumia camera from the store, but the new store didn't find it. Now i tried the same you did, but when i try to open the lumia camera beta it says that uninstall or buy crap again... Same thing with some other apps too...
    07-15-2015 06:42 AM
    Hi.
    Lumia 920. Start Screen loading very very long on startup of the phone. It usually starts after 1-2 hours and everything ok until phone reboot. If it reboots long long loading repeats. Checked 3 times already.
    Any workarounds? suggestions?
    This build is much much better then previous but this issue makes me mad.
    azlkk likes this.
    07-15-2015 07:23 AM
    I had the same problem when i first installed this build. Camera button said you need to download Lumia camera from the store, but the new store didn't find it. Now i tried the same you did, but when i try to open the lumia camera beta it says that uninstall or buy crap again... Same thing with some other apps too...
    07-15-2015 08:34 AM
    Under the hamburger icon in Outlook Mail, I see only my mail accounts. The settings button used to be there in the bottom right. But with the latest update, I no longer see it.
    07-15-2015 08:51 AM
    I had the same problem with mail. Someone pointed out to me that if you have software/onscreen keys, they will hide the settings icon which is behind them. It's very annoying that this update broke the scaling.
    07-15-2015 08:56 AM
    Not sure if anyone mentioned this. I can't load custom ringtones. I removed a tile from home screen and it came back. Tried to add Chronos calendar live tile to home screen and it would not add.
    Battery life seems good on my 520 and mail is working for outlook.com and gmail.
    07-15-2015 09:27 AM
    No! Landscape keyboard is still not fixed on this new build. A lot has improved though and I'm happy that I updated to this preview but I really hope the landscape keyboard is fixed. this is major for me.
    07-15-2015 09:32 AM
    Be careful texting pics! Something weird just happened. I texted a pic to someone just now. The other person received two separate pics, the one I sent and some other random one from my phone. This could be a very bad thing if it sends some random pic from your phone to someone.
    I had a similar problem last night... I was sending some pics from the photos app and used the check boxes to select 3 photos then hit share... After I sent them, the pics that I previously checked were still selected. I selected 2 more pics and hit share again, but the now it was resending the previous 3 pictures plus the 2 new ones that I added, but I only intended to send the 2. Fortunately I caught it and cleared the selection and started over. Maybe something similar is what caused your issue.
    07-15-2015 09:37 AM
    Yesterday (Lumia 1020, build 10166) when connecting to my house's WiFi network, the Store showed about ten updates; MSN apps, Alarm, Outlook Calendar/Mail and the Office apps were among them. But after downloading MSN Weather and Alarms, it started downloading Word and Outlook but it seemed to crash or something, because the progress bar was frozen. I exited the Store and re-entered, and none of the mentioned apps was shown for update. I tried everything: the button "Search for updates" on the "Download" section; searching every app separately to re-install it.... no traces of the mentioned updates.

After updating those two ones (Alarm and Weather), now in the Alarm app there isn't any default alarm tone ("Alarm 1", "Alarm 2", etc.); I just have one named "Default tone" or the option to choose it from my Music. IT SUCKS.
    07-15-2015 09:42 AM
    can't sent or receive sms
    data connection isn't working. that bug never fixed since 1st build
    RM 943
    any idea?
    07-15-2015 10:08 AM
    Really getting tired of the endless restart loading loops on my L920.
    07-15-2015 10:54 AM
2,234 ... 5556575859 ...