W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Mason

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: What issues are you having with the new Win10 Build?

This is driving me nuts... absolutely nuts. I can not find the PIN lock screen settings.

Before I did the preview I set the screen timeout to NEVER. Now that I updated it, it's stuck on never and I obviously want to change it. On 8.1 it's on the PIN lock screen settings page.

In your settings go to your lock screen. Look for advance settings, its in there.

ifti4425

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

One Of the Issues I am having on my Lumia 635 is that tapping or holding the search button does not do anything. It doesn't bring up Cortana or any other search. Also, going to cortana & search settings and tapping cortana settings do not bring up cortana either. The cortana app is also not on the app list. Overall, Cortana is missing from my L635!!!

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I have bigger problem here. I updated my Lumia 520 and guess what, SETTINGS WONT OPEN! There is no Settings in the app list, if i try opening through action center it does nothing!

ifti4425

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

This is driving me nuts... absolutely nuts. I can not find the PIN lock screen settings.

Before I did the preview I set the screen timeout to NEVER. Now that I updated it, it's stuck on never and I obviously want to change it. On 8.1 it's on the PIN lock screen settings page.
During the previous build there was no option to set PIN code for unlocking the phone as well. Waiting for this on a future build... :(

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The keyboard seems to not go edge to edge anymore, even on large setting

None of my contacts show up - this just took a looooooong time and finally loaded

Help

Last edited:

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I did it by changing my sim pin from Settings > System > Phone > Change SIM PIN
and basically I just entered my pin three times :D but it worked
don't enter your pin when the phone asks you!

Going to the Phone setting crashes the Settings app. Still can't see SIM.

Cheeko Greengo

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

I have a L1520 and I cannot send or receive MMS, I did not update from the last TP as my phone didn't have it, anyone have a workaround?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

I wonder for those that had the very first TP build from two months ago, has alot been fixed? Two months is alot of.time. Thought I'd be a little bit smoother though i can't complain too much.

leNeo

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

Hey some one please let me know whether I will have to reinstall WhatsApp on updating to windows 10? L535.
Cant take chances as am traveling abroad..
N the native number not functional.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I can't find MMS settings. I can edit Internet APN, but don't see MMS. (Also Messaging app crashes after I click get media content).

RyanKennedy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

Frustrated. On Lumia 920. Can no longer get the phone screen to even turn on without soft resetting the phone. Won't connect to cellular networks, messaging app won't load, and the phone is slow in general. Not much use right now- I'm rolling back to WP 8.1 as soon as possible.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Frustrated. On Lumia 920. Can no longer get the phone screen to even turn on without soft resetting the phone. Won't connect to cellular networks, messaging app won't load, and the phone is slow in general. Not much use right now- I'm rolling back to WP 8.1 as soon as possible.

Yeah, sounds like something got corrupted, try it again and see if you get better results. Good luck!

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

My pictures app is totally borked. If I open it, the collection is empty; if I try to attach a photo from an SMS, I get a black screen. There is definitely some text-scaling weirdness, like super big headers and super tiny text. Other than that it seems mostly functional, but terribly slow. 1520.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99