05-20-2016 09:03 AM
2,234 ... 8182838485 ...
tools
    I'll frequently pull my phone out of my pocket, and find it on the challenge screen, where they make you type A1B2C3 because I've entered too many PINs wrong. I'm assuming it's the tap to wake feature gone wrong.
    Yep, got burnt by that a couple of times on WP8.1. Turned off the double-tap to wake.

A related annoyance for me is that the hardware camera button on my 830 with 10586 *always* fires up the camera, despite the fact I have that turned off in the Camera settings, and the "prevent accidental..." turned on. I've pulled it out of my pocket a few times with the camera active (since it seems not to time out ever).
    Dan Dialogue likes this.
    11-21-2015 01:09 PM
    Running build 10586.11 on my L830, by no means is it horrible but when comparing it to W8.1 there is a considerable difference in performance and overall consistency in daily use, to me it does feel a tad too clunky...

2) Outlook Mail... Renders "some" mail better than W8.1 did and is easier to read
    3) Edge Browser... In comparison to IE it performs faster (for me)
    4) Bing Apps... Enjoying the changes made to news and weather (layout/appearance)
    5) Settings Menu layout
    6) Added tiles in Action Center
    7) Office apps such as Word, Excel etc.
    8) Battery performance, never seen it take a hit over stock OS

Dislikes:
    1) Varying results in final outcome when upgrading/installing across same/similar devices
    2) Inconsistencies in how the OS performs in daily use
    3) The frequencies of hard resets, sure it can help but shouldn't always be a prerequisite to obtain a "reasonable" running OS
    4) Outlook Mail... The "now" removal of linked inboxes
    5) Hamburger Menus
    6) Overall sluggishness of OS compared to W8.1 on older or lower spec'd hardware
    7) Camera... Still lacking features and feels stark compared to W8.1s offering
    8) Photo App... Clunky and unappealing, slower to display thumbnails
    9) Store... Well what can I say, better than previous W10M builds yet still deplorable in my opinion, too many issues/inconsistencies
    10) The occasional screen flicker/flash when transitioning, say, in or out of an app
    11) Apps without the option for transparent tiles
    12) How some apps lose features/functionality or are slower to open (I know, may not be optimized for W10M)
    13) MSs mentality of dumbing down the OS or removing features then "to be added at a later date"... Soon!
    14) MSs incremental updates that seen to do little to improves one's overall experience, lack of changelogs
    15) MSs "we giveth, we taketh" approach

As for my L1020, was working ok on build 10581 and maybe even a tad better than my L830 did, upgraded to 10586 and suddenly things appeared to be on the decline :-(. phone became more sluggish, responsiveness to actions seemed to diminish as did the screens touch sensitivity. OK you say, lets do a hard reset and everything should be ticketyboo, haahahaha not by a longshot, the other idiosyncrasies still existed along with a few added just to spice things up, a weird one was on occasion is when I fired up the camera, a series of 15-20 icons which looks like the camera icon itself, would display/flash on the screen for a split second, store refuses to download some apps which upon investigating appears to be a known problem and the list goes on, needless to say I'm reverting back to W8.1 as this debacle (in opinion) is getting out of hand.

Think I found a bug and not sure if it may just be mine lol, whilst my L1020 was on build 10581 I did an backup of settings/apps and OneDrive indicated such, with both 830 and 1020 on build 10586 did same to each twice yet could not find instances of any on OneDrive (no errors), finished restoring 1020 to W8.1 and tried backup again, now shows on OneDrive, L830 still don't???

Could go on for days LOL so might as well stop there, as it stands now my experiences have lessened me as a WP fan especially after toying with my L1020 and W10M, every action seems to be met with a more than anticipated negative reaction, fully aware that nothing is perfect and do not expect such but this is just becoming ridiculous. No matter how many times I restore back to W8.1 the results are similar and gratifying other than the few features missed, with W10M it has be much of a hit-n-miss affair and anyone's guess as to what you will end up with, not buying the excuses now that it still in beta/preview mode cuz we are too far along in the game for that to be the case, in my opinion it still has an early release feel to it though.
    Last edited by Elky64; 11-21-2015 at 07:44 PM.
    glossywhite and Caipion like this.
    11-21-2015 01:32 PM
    By far the most annoying one is stale unread msg count shown on lockscreen and live tiles even though I've read them (Skype, email, FB) on my W10 PC. I have to launch the apps on the phone to clear them. Main reason I've been sticking with WP is it handles basic communication tasks very well. Now it's a chore because I have to manually clear the unread counts.
    Joe920, Dan Dialogue and gmfeld like this.
    11-21-2015 05:11 PM
    Pinning edge web pages to the start screen, no thumbnail of the Web page is shown as on 8.1 browser just a blue square with truncated url text, absolute rubbish!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Dan Dialogue and Joe920 like this.
    11-21-2015 06:29 PM
    Heat and poor battery life with light use. Lost 10% in just a couple of minutes using the camera.
    davidclt and Ranielsyn_Sand like this.
    11-21-2015 06:44 PM
    The last three builds, including 10586, I am experiencingserious issues with audio over Bluetooth when making a hands-free phone call. Ihave a Lumia 930 and it is connected to an Amundsen system of Skoda. Thehardware is the most common used for Volkswagen.
    When the one I am calling picks up the phone, the audio isvery jittery. It takes up to one minute before the audio is normal. This is notfunctional. I found some others (Windows Feedback) experiencing the same issue,also with other car brands.
    With Windows Phone 8.1 everything is working flawlessly.With Windows 10 Mobile being on short term, I am worried that the issue willnot be solved with the official release.
    If Microsoft want Windows 10 Mobile the OS for businessphones at least the basic functionality should work flawlessly.
    My only suggestion would be too make sure your WiFi is OFF. I have found it to interfere with my Bluetooth...at times.
    11-22-2015 08:07 AM
    I just now joined the preview program and started on the slow ring. It says I'm on 10586.

After my phone updated I received a text message from a contact, but the Messaging App did not recognize the person as a contact. It displayed their correct number but said there is no profile for that number. I checked the People app and confirmed that my contacts are all there.

I searched but could not find a reference to that problem anywhere.
    11-22-2015 08:43 AM
    AT&T 1520 on 10586.11, upgraded from 8.1, and I have the following problems:

1) Hey Cortana doesn't work. Retraining also does not work - it fails to hear me.
    2) Messaging + Skype app does not notify me of all new messages.
    3) (SOLVED- have to visit google.com 1st) Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
    4) Offline maps get stuck and fail to download
    5) Cortana's commands are limited. "Drive me to work" and "drive me home" used to open my chosen navigation app and set it to the appropriate destination. Now it does a bing search. I also cannot change the default navigation app from Maps to whatever I want.
    6) Generally battery life is not as good, and charging seems slower.
    7) Call duration is missing from call history.
    8) Messaging + Skype app does not allow you to sign in with a different MS account.
    9) Skype Video app does not allow you to sign in with a different MS account.
    10) No option to change default navigation app, which was possible in 8.1.
    11) Windows store does not notify you when an app automatically updates, no way to easily tell what apps have recently updated on your phone.
    12) Motion Data not working - you can open the app but there are no options inside.
    13) Issues with Microsoft Band 2 including delayed or missing notifications and connectivity issues.
    14) Audio popping sounds are occasionally heard while simply moving between apps and scrolling through the OS.
    15) I believe there should be a Printer configuration in settings.
    16) Maps needs to have larger more visible elements when in driving mode.
    17) Battery Saver should be a live tile, and display time since last charge.
    18) Voice recorder in call should be added.
    19) Edge - the suggestions box sometimes fails to hide itself even after selecting a web page.
    20) Cortana is slower to launch than in 8.1.
    Last edited by CellularMan; 11-23-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: added 7-20
    11-22-2015 10:59 AM

-Hey Cortana doesnt work. Retraining also does not work - it fails to hear me.
    -Messaging + Skype app does not notify me of all new messages.
    -Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
    -Offline maps get stuck and fail to download
    -Cortana's commands are limited. "Drive me to work" and "drive me home" used to open my chosen navigation app and set it to the appropriate destination. Now it does a bing search. I also cannot change the default navigation app from Maps to whatever I want.
    -generally battery life is not as good.
    For changing edge default search engine: same as desktop, FIRST you have to open google.com page at least once, THEN go to settings and scroll search engine option: you'll find google
    CellularMan likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:10 AM
    -Can't change search engine in Edge even though the option is there.
    Go to google.com for example and while on that page in Edge, enter the advanced settings where you change search engine and now Google should be an option.
    CellularMan likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:11 AM
    I'll start. I love swipe actions in Outlook. I have LEFT=read/unread, and RIGHT=delete. This is great when it works, but once every week or so WP10 decides to randomly switch my preferences. #$*&^*$!!!!!
    I think every time when the outlook app updates, it reset to default setting on the sway action, so that is what I assume what 's going on, I have that happen to, but I just set sway as delete for both way for now, so no matter which hand I was holding the phone, I can delete them.
    11-22-2015 12:03 PM
    Your mail settings are out of date.... Constant annoyance!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Joe920 likes this.
    11-22-2015 12:05 PM
    Not sur elf this is an issue for win10m or the band, it never show any thing from other notification form notification tile theater, but I worked on wp8.1. so not sure if it is the Microsoft health app's fault or the w10m
    11-22-2015 12:09 PM
    Phone lags when playing music through Grove. Multitasking is impossible. Phone freezes and I have to soft reset it every time

L625 Build 10586
    11-22-2015 12:29 PM
    Yesterday took my AT&T 920 to 8.10.14219.341 with developers preview, then updated to 10586.11 via insiders.
    Can't change quick actions and some of the notifications, can't sign into OneDrive app, it kept going back to start screen. Probably because of this it would not backup. Glance only showed the day of the week, not the date.
    I used Cortana a lot to search the phone in 8.1. a name brings up the contact or where the name was used in a text, doctors name finds my calendar appointments. This feature is not in 10, can't search phone,
    Last edited by T Moore; 11-22-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    11-22-2015 11:29 PM
    -unable to set Google as default search provider in Edge
    -settings app crashes when changing privacy settings for Messages and when enabling background data restriction (unable to enable)
    Caipion likes this.
    11-22-2015 11:59 PM
    -unable to set Google as default search provider in Edge
    I just went to google.com, typed in a search, and from search results page opened settings and the option was there. OS 10.0.10586.11 Version 1511 Lumia 735 on Verizon.
    11-23-2015 12:39 AM
    thanks, found it :)
    now how to enable background data restriction?
    Last edited by STALKER-SVK; 11-23-2015 at 03:35 AM.
    11-23-2015 01:01 AM
    Hi,
    missing features in build 10586 on my L1520:
    - no more 1440p video recording in camera
    - no QR code scanning from bing search
    Ranielsyn_Sand likes this.
    11-23-2015 01:13 AM
    • Xbox app (online favorite) notifications still not working.
    • Gesture typing in Edge not supported when typing a web address.
    • Gesture typing in Edge text box doesn't work properly (every second word is a space, forgetting to insert the predicted word. Like example, searching for "side eyeing chloe" and you gesture type this, it will just enter in the text box "side Chloe")
    • Sometimes when you close a tab in Edge and you have a blank page, you can't exit the app by pressing the back button.
    • Cortana takes forever to start up.
    • Sometimes Store crashes when it tries to load your apps or games library.
    • Start does not have an icon in multitasking view (this could be nitpicking but it really looks incomplete without it).
    • Obvious visual tearing in multitasking view.
    • Some system sounds are still WP7, I had to change this in the registry to compliment the desktop W10 sounds.
    • Quiet hours still not supporting calendar status (eg. Enable if event is busy in calendar).
    • Settings app sometimes switches layout to PC (see here).
    • Cortana live tile sometimes static.
    11-23-2015 01:51 AM
    Application updates that appear in the Store that aren't compatible with my phone and never can be downloaded.
    11-23-2015 02:25 AM
    Annoyance of the day: while Groove knows how to use the audio profile (A2DP), somehow Cortana insists on using the phone profile (HFP?) in some cars, including mine. That means responses are super slow and have low audio quality, and the music keeps getting interrupted. #$*&^*$!!!!!
    11-23-2015 06:19 AM
    T-Mobile Lumia 1520.3 variant here...love majority of WM10, however;

Maps will not open...NO maps apps work
    Hey Cortana will not work...I can't even set up...will not here my voice unless I go to Cortana and push the microphone
    Glance screen is spotty at times...
    Battery life worse than 8.1

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Bluetooth protocol that allows my car to display full messages, read, etc:):):)

Waiting for my 950xl pre-order to ship...one of the first buyers on November 16th:):):)
    11-23-2015 08:55 AM
    I cannot update various apps. My OCD alter ego has his brain whacked at the wall because of the f#$%*^ 0x803F8006 error code.
    Joe920, ML10 and gmfeld like this.
    11-23-2015 09:02 AM
    Here Maps requests an update to the latest version before it can load up yet none are available except for some fake applications that I thought Microsoft had tighter controls over. What version could it even be asking for?

Here Drive works fine. Never could understand the difference before yet the Here Maps has a new Icon but doesn't work.
    11-23-2015 10:56 AM
2,234 ... 8182838485 ...