W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Not all tiles are transparent.... Should they be? There seems to be no difference in regards to transparency tiles from denim and win10 for phones

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Alarms do not sound if phone is in Quiet Hours. And also alarm icon does not show on the lock screen when an alarm is enabled.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Here Drive always says it roaming although I have do not roam selected in cellular data
591471d0a8bcb445bbff24200da86f66.png

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Some issues which I observed for W10P TP on my Lumia 830-
• Back button does not work from App list. So to go back from App list, we have to touch Start key.
• Back button also does not work while customizing tiles. We have to touch Start key to exit tiles customization.
• UI transition is not smooth, and some UI elements persist e.g. every time when we pull down Action center, some UI elements are displayed for few moments.
• Glance Screen settings are not accessible. Even if I updated Glance screen app, I cannot open settings for Glance Screen from “Extras” in Settings.
• Live Tile for Photo App has option to set only recent photos to be displayed in Start Screen.
• Photo App is incomplete and we cannot view photos from Albums or Folder.
• Data Sense options to set limit were disabled for me. So I was not able to set limit for data usage on my prepaid 3G mobile internet.

grizzo94

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Does someone use Spotify? When I browse my playlists none of the songs' titles appear and I cannot listen to any of those.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

It's clear that there are problems, it's the first public TP build, but one thing that they really should have added is a way to DISABLE background apps!! this would have been a more important thing than a new photos app. Battery entry is completely missing from Settings and battery saver it is said that does not display the apps.

avasthigsp

Banned
Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Preview is good But some problem like battery status not update and some lagging in action centre

biggietalls2091

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

Hey, I had the same problem on my 830 and although it is a drastic step, a hard reset and restore from backup fixed that problem for me. It also helped overall, the screen jumpiness and overall performance of the os improved greatly.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

Here Drive always says it roaming although I have do not roam selected in cellular data

Yeah, it does for me as well. Even when I have the data turned off because I have downloaded maps. I reported that to Here Maps through the app, and by the time I got home, I forgot to report it with the Feedback app.

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Apart from other reports here are the issues I found so far:
-jitter/flicker in screen when typing/normal use(not so much)
-battery drains a lot faster
-windows feedback frequently crashing/lagging
-soft reset may or may not work.
-copy/paste text doesn't work in Office-only if the text you copied are from the outside of the Office app e.g. Internet.

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

The biggest bug that I have encountered has to do with Wi-Fi. After the install I had to add my home router again as we were told. Wi-Fi working for about a day then went to go turn off Wi-Fi for a reason and in the available networks list no networks are listed. Try to toggle Wi-Fi off and it will give you the sliding dots for waiting and nothing happens. Go out of the screen and come back and Wi-Fi is still toggled on and no networks are showing. So I have been using my data in hopes that the next bug fix will take care of this. I have noticed other people having this same issue in the Windows Feedback app. Has anyone here had this issue and been able to figure out a workaround?

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

So far after three hard resets of my ATT830, the biggest problem is a way to give feedback. Is the app just really ****ty or is something wrong with my install? The hardware combination doesn't work, hence the reason for all the resets. Secondly, the app ..sigh... I try to enter feedback and it crashes about 90% of the time. Then the few times I managed to submit feedback, how about returning to the main menu. Nope, I have to hit the back button about six times to get out of all the various sub menus. I'm not in the desktop preview so don't know if it's like this, but obviously we really love WP because the worst experience I've had so far is the time it takes me to actually give feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb