W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I regret updating. IT'S EXTREMELY BUGGY!!!! I can't even enter my PIN, after I tap enter it's just freezing. What have I done... rolling back for sure. I wish this update never happened.

Bobtimus Prime

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to get out of the Glance screen on the 1520 (ATT)? Every time my Glance screen comes on, I cannot get out of it by double tap or by hitting the power button and have to do a soft reset just to get back in to my phone.

vookcevic

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I can't enter my PIN !! is there any workaround?

I did a hard reset (Vol Down + Power). After it turned on, asking you for pin, pres the back button (and leave the PIN entry screen.) Then go to Settings -> System -> Phone and under SIM, turn off the SIM security. It will ask you for the PIN, but will accept it and your SIM will work.

I'm not sure if the Hard Reset is necessary or if you can just try without it.

vookcevic

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

BTW, is anyone having problems with CLOSING the action center? I have to lock the phone and then unlock it to get out of it.

BinGBG

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I can't enter my PIN !! is there any workaround?
I did a hard reset (Vol Down + Power). After it turned on, asking you for pin, pres the back button (and leave the PIN entry screen.) Then go to Settings -> System -> Phone and under SIM, turn off the SIM security. It will ask you for the PIN, but will accept it and your SIM will work.

I did it by changing my sim pin from Settings > System > Phone > Change SIM PIN
and basically I just entered my pin three times :D but it worked
don't enter your pin when the phone asks you!

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

No Need of hard reset

vookcevic

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Rolled back to 8.1 because I can't turn on data connection (Yes, ON). Let me know if this gets fixed.

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I am seeing the same thing with my 925. The new default camera app shows several screens instead of one full size as your viewer. Pictures taken appear normal. Not good.

Thuruv

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

Stcuks a lot. Updated in background without asking confirmation.

Screenshot not functioning.
Stucks at enter sim pin page itself.

Fortunately, it shows a welcome toast as 'Welcome to Lumia CYAN'. . ha ha. . L535 is born a Denim.:((

Santiago_Canepa

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Windows 10 bricked my lumia 920 after a soft reset! It is so sad, lumia recovery tool don't recognize the phone either

Terry Mason

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I am running with a Lumia 1520.

Issues I am having are:
Picture messages wont go threw. When clicking on resend the messaging app crashes.

Photo app opens but when you select a photo to view app crashes.

Tile sizing is not working.

Back ground opens, turns from its black background to white and crashes.

Device Hub will not update.

Custom alarm ringtones.

Live Tile for weather and a few other apps no longer update live.

There is about a 4in w line in the middle of the phone when having a call.
POF App just shows a white box.

Vine App crashes when trying to watch a loop video or clicking on other users profiles.
Will update if I come a cross more bugs.

Last edited:

willn13

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: What issues are you having with the new Win10 Build?

Do you have any problem with opening/ replying to text messages? My messaging app is incredibly slow

ablahblah

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Probably going to need to reload 8.1. I can't access the All Settings tab at all, and it can't link up to cellular after I restarted the phone normally for the first time. Oddly enough I can access WiFi and the various Sense apps, just not All Settings.

Terry Mason

May 29, 2013
Visit site

The software it self seems a little slow to act. I have not trouble replying to text with in the messaging app. But when trying to reply from the notification menu it seems to have a mind of its own. Hitting send, sometimes it sends and sometimes it close the reply bar and saves the text.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

This is driving me nuts... absolutely nuts. I can not find the PIN lock screen settings.

Before I did the preview I set the screen timeout to NEVER. Now that I updated it, it's stuck on never and I obviously want to change it. On 8.1 it's on the PIN lock screen settings page.

willn13

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Yeah I think since I haven't seen too many people have the messaging issues, I might revert back to 8.1, then reinstall win10 and see how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750