W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohankhandelwal

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I enrolled my phone wid windows insiders..enrollment ws complete..phone rebooted on its own..and now wen I check for phone updates then it says your phone is up to date..whr to download windows 10 preview from?

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: What issues are you having with the new Win10 Build?

My 635...Tweetium crashed phone.. other than that its fine after hard reset. Cortana is much better. Had to switch to new Outlook Mail as Google Mail app did not function. My BING lock screen works again with daily pic. Oh and I tested an alarm for another poster and then deleted it an it still goes off. I hope I fixed that otherwise another hard reset is in order. I took out battery and deleted all alarms...so far so good.

Last edited:

mauriciod73

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I installed TP on my Lumia 720 and here are my issues:
  • Can't open the background settings
  • Phone not working, after entering my PIN the phone locks and I have to do a soft reset
  • Mic not working, not on Cortana, WhatsApp or anywhere else
  • Theme on settings jumps between light and dark
Gonna have to revert since not beeing able to use the phone features is a no-go (I know I should't have installed TP on my main device, but really wanted to try it out)

mauriciod73

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

• Phone not working, after entering my PIN the phone locks and I have to do a soft reset

Gonna have to revert since not beeing able to use the phone features is a no-go (I know I should't have installed TP on my main device, but really wanted to try it out)

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Try hard resetting as that has helped people

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

After hard resetting the device i'm not able to install apps from store it gives me error code 87af000b

p.s i have lumia 520

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

It boned my 920 pretty badly.

• Phone won't come out of sleep mode without a soft reset
  • Eventually the phone stopped detecting the SIM so I had to do a factory restore

We'll see how the factory restore goes. If I have any further problems I'm going to revert to 8.1.

cfscorpio

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

No sim on my 920 as well. It worked when I first upgraded. What carrier do you have? I noticed mine says in Device Information that I have AT&T but I unlocked my phone and use T-Mobile now. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

Windows 10 for 520 lags a lot...
My phone has become dead slow now!
Will there be any fix in future updates?

Are you sure you are closing apps? Pressing back to get out of an app doesn't close it completely. Make sure you hold the back button and then swipe down to close apps. I was doing it the old way and then realized that I had like 7 apps open in the background.

Also, there will be updates but no one knows when the next one will be.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

I can't find MMS settings. I can edit Internet APN, but don't see MMS. (Also Messaging app crashes after I click get media content).

I haven't done this personally but you can try this:

All Settings --> Extras --> access point

When you are in access point like add (the + button) and then manually enter the internet APN and mms APN. You will need this information from your carrier (you could probably find it online).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb