W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

@pkoenig,

Is your pop address correct in advanced settings? One issue I experienced, before I did hard reset, was that my sent mails worked alright, arrived at destination, but didn't save to my sent folder. Now, I haven't tested yet, but looking forward to. My mail isn't outlook nor google's, note that. Sure, Microsoft will address a solution. The advanced settings is too simplistic now, I'm afraid.

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site

After hard resetting, my here drive and maps issues disappeared! A lot of other functions now are working much better than before. What still remains is: can't talk to cortana cause my microphone isn't recognized (lumia 925) only in her environment, before hard reset my bluetooth paired with car's dashboard without any trouble, but today I tried a couple times and couldn't make it (hoping for the best here and that by next build things are ok again. Gabe Aul only mentioned bluetooth problems with cortana as a know issue), quiet hours exception rules aren't working, my glance screen (works alright) settings aren't opening (bing beautiful pics on lock screen aren't cutting through either), Lumia Camera lenses aren't opening (QR scanner...), and IE and Spartan are, at the moment, a worse experience than I got before on 8.1, cause some pages won't load properly, Storage Sense live tile doesn't work after hard reset, Cortana live tile works but doesn't update info as quickly as before, and for now, that's it.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

I was not able to activate data connection before hard reset and now I have no issues with disabling/enabling data connection at all. It works as it should.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

POTENTIAL SOLUTION FOR NO INTERNET/DATA CONNECTION:

I was not able to get internet/date to work regardless of how many hard resets I did, even when I started fresh (did not restore to a back-up). What I think was happening is a bug that when you enter the APN settings manually, they do not save. What finally worked for me was:

1) connect to wifi
2) download Nokia Access Point
3) Open it up (Settings -> Extras -> Access Point
4) Select a DIFFERENT provider than the one you want, and then wait a few minutes while it tries to switch to that provider
5) Now select the provider you do want, and Access Point should automatically install the required settings in the background.
At this point your internet should work.

anon(9308532)

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site

After a hard reset on 635 with Windows 10 build 2, The store did not find any updates for default app, so I had to manually hunt down each MSN app and update it. The only apps not updating are Video and Music:
wp_ss_20150413_0003[2].png
They no matter what I do, refuse to update themselves. Now Music can't seem to stream music, and cannot read album art (downloaded from Music app on PC and moved onto phone because the current phone app cannot download any music from OneDrive or Music Pass).

And apparently Cortana has lost her voice. I tried downloading a speech pack but...
wp_ss_20150413_0004[1].png
On top of this, Cortana cannot open apps, set reminders and alarms.
Most apps seem to run just fine aside from crashing out at random intervals. The only apps that cannot run whatever I do are Pin.it (WP's best Pinterest client) and the Insider Hub. But what annoys me the most is how the text for notifications and pop-ups is bigger, so it renders incorrectly. I hope in a future build they give the option to return it to the old size, but also for people who like the larger text.

the92playboy

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I couldn't get a data connection even after many hard resets; it seemed like a bug where the APN settings were wiped and manually entering them they wouldn't save. This trick ended up working for me and might work for others.

1) Connect to Wifi
2) Install Nokia Access Point from the store
3) Open Access Point (Settings --> Extras --> Access Point)
4) Choose carrier other than yours and wait a minute for it to switch.
5) Now switch back by choosing your carrier and it should automatically update your phone with the correct APN settings.

Hopefully this helped someone.

EDIT:

It seems that after powering off, the settings are lost again and you need to do steps #3-5 again.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't get a data connection even after many hard resets; it seemed like a bug where the APN settings were wiped and manually entering them they wouldn't save. This trick ended up working for me and might work for others.

1) Connect to Wifi
2) Install Nokia Access Point from the store
3) Open Access Point (Settings --> Extras --> Access Point)
4) Choose carrier other than yours and wait a minute for it to switch.
5) Now switch back by choosing your carrier and it should automatically update your phone with the correct APN settings.

Hopefully this helped someone.

EDIT:

It seems that after powering off, the settings are lost again and you need to do steps #3-5 again.

I'm guessing this is for factory unlocked phones. Carrier-branded phones should have the settings baked in, no?

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

Matt1971

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Can someone tell me if OneDrive is ok. On my 1520 its not the latest version of one drive. If I go into the store and search for OneDrive. It then tells me I have an update but it won't install. Just says attention required etc. Thanks

Shelby Boyce

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

I've noticed a lot of lag so far, but I expected that.

Another thing that I was expecting were all my Live Tiles to disappear from the Start Menu, no big deal. However, I've noticed that I can't pin anything to start anymore.

I long press on the app I want to pin, the "Pin to Start" option appears just fine, but when I tap on it the icon just goes grey. I end up tapping on an app to deselect it and have no live tiles appearing.

Edit: I forgot to mention one other bug I've experienced. The camera isn't working right. Most of the app screen is black, and there are 6 boxes running along the edge of the screen. The boxes are the camera and I can see whats in front of me (and the camera)..

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Install a different lens for the camera issue.
Hard reset and set up as new device to get rid of UI quirks.

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Lockscreen crashes when a drop down menu is selected and the photo app crashes when looking for me photos

TASWinFan

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site

Is anyone having issues with outlook syncing to their Microsoft account, along with the calendar and contacts??

Benny Vallejo

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Lumia 1520: Anybody else not able to install 1GB RAM or more apps? A lot of my apps missing after a backup are games with high specs.

mf_yamato

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Hard reset mine, and set as new device, did't restore backup, found that most of the setting app didn't auto update, same as bing/microsoft app... Need to manually update it...

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

My phone is not detecting in windowsphone.com after installing windows 10. So I am not able to view my purchase history..

Am the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99