W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

It's not so much corruption that may be an issue - the data's probably fine, it's just that you'd be importing all sorts of historical *stuff* into the new OS. And clearly, it doesn't like that yet.

Very true. Its like trying to fit an old Ford Mustang into a new one lol

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Not sure if this have been answer or solved. But after upgrading to WP10. Most of my apps are not installing (ex. whatsapp, Skype, all of bing apps, the MOTION setting and a lot others).

I have hard reset at least 4 times. I'm installing to my phone and NOT my SD card. Ive tried canceling the download and re-downloading. Soft reset.

Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know. WHATSAPP is an app i use for work and its very important I have it.

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Doesn't work for the Windows central app which is why I'm lucky my tapatalk app works smoothly. When I press enter after username the keyboard disappears and black screen is still there.

That is sad :-( worked for me though

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

General question.. My power button is broken.. Is there an app to take screenshots? I am not able to report issues with screenshots to microsoft. "Windows Feedback" app in not opening in my windows 10.

Saazan Joshi

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I cannot get cortana to work its always promts"cortana can.t listen right now.make sure your mic is working, or wait a little while and try again.error code: 0x80004002" but i checked mic and it is working correctly. Also cannot enable cellular data and download speech after updating to windows 10 TP

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Check the earlier pages of this thread. Or any of the other threads on the same subjects :grin:

prabu d

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site

Another question. I accidentally uninstalled "Insiders hub" from my windows 10 mobiles. I am not able to find it in store. Is there a way to reinstall it?

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

My Swedish keyboard won't download. What its wrong. Been like this since release on 1520

Preparing for download...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

My Swedish keyboard won't download. What its wrong. Been like this since release on 1520

Preparing for download...
there's nothing to download. Until MS puts a file there, it'll sit at "preparing"

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if this have been answer or solved. But after upgrading to WP10. Most of my apps are not installing (ex. whatsapp, Skype, all of bing apps, the MOTION setting and a lot others).

I have hard reset at least 4 times. I'm installing to my phone and NOT my SD card. Ive tried canceling the download and re-downloading. Soft reset.

Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know. WHATSAPP is an app i use for work and its very important I have it.

Try to hard reset your phone and most of the issues should be resolved. Did the same and resolved for my Lumia 1020.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I cannot get cortana to work its always promts"cortana can.t listen right now.make sure your mic is working, or wait a little while and try again.error code: 0x80004002" but i checked mic and it is working correctly. Also cannot enable cellular data and download speech after updating to windows 10 TP

A picture speaks a thousand words, so here is the screenshot.
wp_ss_20150415_0003.png

If you did not hard reset your phone before installing WP10, then you need to at least hard reset after installing it and set it up as a new phone. Then at least some of the issues are resolved ( including cellular data).

Hope this helps.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

So if I blow away my phone to factory defaults does it go back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Is there a way to do a stand alone install of 10? Im having massive issues with 10 I know its Preview build but literally Im at the point where Im spending more time correcting things than I am using it. Lil help?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

So if I blow away my phone to factory defaults does it go back to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10? Is there a way to do a stand alone install of 10? Im having massive issues with 10 I know its Preview build but literally Im at the point where Im spending more time correcting things than I am using it. Lil help?

Factory reset will revert your phone back to a "Clean" install of Windows Phone 10. You cannot do a stand alone installation.

Edit : Thanks hotphil for reminding....Yes, when you Factory reset, you have to setup as a new device and then most of the issues will be resolved.

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

And if you do the factory reset, try thr "set up as new device" type option, not the "restore apps and settings from backup" one. You'll get the cleanest install you can, which seems to behave pretty well. But natch, you'll have to reselect apps to install and configure.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

And if you do the factory reset, try thr "set up as new device" type option, not the "restore apps and settings from backup" one. You'll get the cleanest install you can, which seems to behave pretty well. But natch, you'll have to reselect apps to install and configure.

The one thing I wanted was Text Messages and pictures to come back. I can care less on the apps

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Text messages should come back, pics are probably in OneDrive.
But as with all aspects of the TP, data loss is a real possibility, so your data backups (wherever you've put them) need to be in good order if you're using a "live" device/account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise