W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Do have back up enabled for SMS and Pics on your phone?

Its on the Apps part now.. Just a wait game. Im hoping my pics were saved up to One Drive if not Im probably totally screwed. I didn't do a restore as Id prefer to start from scratch even though my Texts will be gone its nothing I cant recover from

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Also There are like two apps I purchased does the Microsoft Store work like the Apple Store where if I payed for it once I should be able to get it back?

shobhit92bhar

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Hey Everyone,

So today I finally decided to install Windows 10 TP and here are my reviews.

As of now all the apps are working pretty welll. Camera, Photos, Outlook, Calender, Messaging. Even though a bit slow but atleast all of these are working.

The only issue I am having is, I am unable to switch ON the mobile data. Any solution for that other than hard reset?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Hey Everyone,

So today I finally decided to install Windows 10 TP and here are my reviews.

As of now all the apps are working pretty welll. Camera, Photos, Outlook, Calender, Messaging. Even though a bit slow but atleast all of these are working.

The only issue I am having is, I am unable to switch ON the mobile data. Any solution for that other than hard reset?

No solution

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Also There are like two apps I purchased does the Microsoft Store work like the Apple Store where if I payed for it once I should be able to get it back?
Should do. But there does seem to be some issues for some folks syncing purchase history. Especially if they **** about with region settings etc to try and get Cortana (who'd have thunk changing region would screw up region-specific Store purchases?)
Let your new install settle for aa couple of hours before judging performance as all sorts of background sync/indexing etc will be trying to sort itself out. A good time to explore all the new settings menus.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Okay so Im back online.. One of the bugs Im seeing if if I get a noticiation that I click on a new email. The calendar launches. Anyone else seen this? So far things seem better.. Atleast the KB is working better

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Okay so Im back online.. One of the bugs Im seeing if if I get a noticiation that I click on a new email. The calendar launches. Anyone else seen this? So far things seem better.. Atleast the KB is working better

It's a known bug in this build. They should fix it in the next build, I assume.

NVMY03ION

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Furthermore is there a way to break out the inboxes So you don't have to go into Outlook and change between accounts?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Last week's preview build was the second in three months I believe.
Past performance being no indication of the future etc.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone obesrved that battery charging rate is too damn slow? I plugged in to charge it and it just increased 2% in 30 minutes!!
Also, battery discharges quickly than expected (yesterday it went to 0 from 7% in 1 minute).
I am planning to downgrade it to 8.1 now, battery life sucks with W10 TP, but I'll miss notifcation center ;-)

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Has anyone obesrved that battery charging rate is too damn slow? I plugged in to charge it and it just increased 2% in 30 minutes!!
Also, battery discharges quickly than expected (yesterday it went to 0 from 7% in 1 minute).
I am planning to downgrade it to 8.1 now, battery life sucks with W10 TP, but I'll miss notifcation center ;-)
I've never put faith in indicated battery life. Especially for the first few cycles of a new OS install.
I know some people get all "OMG it says 22.785221% left, but I put it down for 3mins 4 secs and now it only says 22.76123% left!!! What's going on? Is it broken? It's unacceptable? How can that be right?"
And the simple explanation is, it isn't right.
Indicating battery percentage has always been inaccurate. I don't see it changing anytime soon.
Putting reliance on those figures may be misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo