W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Jesus Christ!!!

Now the keyboard shrank by 33%.

It now covers 2/3 of the allotted width, leaving a blank space to the left.

I read in one of the MS blogs that they were customizing the keyboard for people who type single handed. I have not verified this yet on my 1020 but from what I read you can set the keyboard to be right, left or center justified and also reset it back to it's original size via settings.

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

Have done a search and could not find this reported any where, but I put the first version of Windows 10 on my Lumia 1020 and everything seemed to work fine except the Device Hub said it required an update from the store and would fail every time. Now with the update the Device Hub is still pending and failing at the store and so is the Xbox Music app. Any suggestions?

ryansuzuki

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
How I got LTE Data Working on T-Mobile

After I installed W10 I got the APN error message I'm sure a lot of other T-Mobile customers have received. I was able to get LTE data working by creating and activating a second APN by doing this:

Extras > access point > + button

Name: Whatever you want

Access Point Name: fast.t-mobile.com

Hit the check mark button to save.

Tap your new access point to activate.

wp_ss_20150421_0002.pngwp_ss_20150421_0001.png

anon(9106526)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Email doesn't notify new mail. New updates for music and one drive wont install just eat app wont go to check out.transparent tiles no longer transparent.

Topherious

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Email doesn't notify new mail. New updates for music and one drive wont install just eat app wont go to check out.transparent tiles no longer transparent.

I have the same problem with Outlook notifications as well as the Music and OneDrive apps not updating. At first a lot of apps wouldn't update but everything updated eventually except those two.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Here maps not start navigation not working. It open maps app but exit itself in 2-5 seconds. Anybody here know how to fix this?

DOCDIBBLE

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Internet explorer not playing YouTube videos, any fix for this? Also I don't use Spartan because It Durant work well even to contact to a site have to input address multiple times.

Ok I tried YouTube in Spartan on desktop site version and It works

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Here is screenshot of youtube playing on spartan browser

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150426_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150426_0001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 20

DOCDIBBLE

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Yup I got it to work after using viewing the full version of the site but it wouldn't play from mobile version

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

As you can see mine is the mobile version.
Posted on Lumia 1520 via Taptalk

Prat925

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

Here goes my list of defects in Win10 on 925:
1. Settings > System > Battery Saver > Battery Usage > Crash
2. Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen > Preview [Screen turns to White] > click on toggle button on Show Artist [Screen is black again]
Click on "Choose an app to show detailed status" > Crash.
3. Home Screen is half of the time just went black.
4. Back button is not closing app anymore.
5. where is my account setup app? there is one account page in outlook, one in new people app(which doesn't work). My gmail password is wrong and i have no idea how to fix it.
6. personal and work email in same app. :angry:
7. map not showing exact location...just a wide area that I might be somewhere near here.

Karatheodori

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Some issues I encountered on my Lumia 920 :

1. I first Instaled WP10 the next day it came out (around 10 days ago). That first time I had an issue with my SIM card. I entered my PIN code but it stuck there. So, the phone was unusable. I tried fixing it by performing a full reset but nothing happened, so I installed WP8.1 again.

3 or 4 days ago, I decided to re-install WP10, but this time I have my phone not to ask for a PIN code.

2. Now, every time I send an SMS I immediately get a "Message not send..." notification, although my message is always sent. I know that because... people reply to me.

3. This must be the most serious issue for me right now : When I plug my phone to charge my battery, the phone gets extremely hot. And when I say extremely, I mean it. My phone used to get hot when charging or some times when gaming but not like this. I also noticed that it is not getting charged as quick as it used to. Previously, going from (around) 15% to 100% was a matter of 2 hours (maybe 10 minutes more). The last 2 or 3 days, I plug my phone at around 50% and it is taking around 2 hours to reach 100%.
I am not sure if this is happening from the start or I just noticed it the last couple of days.

wp_ss_20150429_0002-thumb.png

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

The battery Charging/Discharging rate has been seriously affected with the latest preview build. I too noticed same thing and reverted back to 8.1. Peace.

Rakesh Rocky2

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Although the mobile data connection is turned off it uses very little data every now and then... Like 0.004mb

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

My computer isn't detecting my phone when connected via a USB cable. Lumia 730 with the Slow Ring Build 12534. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett