W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

My computer isn't detecting my phone when connected via a USB cable. Lumia 730 with the Slow Ring Build 12534. Is this a known issue and is there a workaround for it?

My PC just suddenly stopped detecting my 920 tonight. I don't know why it's happening - if we'd had an update, it might make sense that something had stopped working. I've tried resetting a few times, but although the USB cable picks up the phone and begins charging, the PC can't see it at all in Explorer.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

My PC just suddenly stopped detecting my 920 tonight. I don't know why it's happening - if we'd had an update, it might make sense that something had stopped working. I've tried resetting a few times, but although the USB cable picks up the phone and begins charging, the PC can't see it at all in Explorer.

Which means, the phone and the USB cable and the USB port is working without an issue. The issue is with your PC, it is not recognising an USB device. Try changing to another PC and check.

Hope this helps.

sockensuppe

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Office is still missing. Not the point. But when i try Evernote or note+ both apps are crashing while writing a note. Anyone knows a working notes app?

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Office is still missing. Not the point. But when i try Evernote or note+ both apps are crashing while writing a note. Anyone knows a working notes app?

Mynotes is an universal app thats working without crashes.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Which means, the phone and the USB cable and the USB port is working without an issue. The issue is with your PC, it is not recognising an USB device. Try changing to another PC and check.

Hope this helps.

This might be pure coincidence, but after I unplugged for the last time and left the PC, I opened my phone to discover that Calendar (which had been showing only the icon for weeks) is suddenly a proper tile again: day/date and appointments now show up. Also, the transitions to and from pages, especially Start, are noticeably better. The weird split-second of wallpaper-stretching when you go from password entry to Start still happens, but it's less dramatic now.

And on reattaching the phone today, the PC sees the phone! As I say, it could be pure coincidence, or perhaps the phone received some small repair, or an update too minor to count as a version change?

Anyway, happy now :) Thanks for your reply.

Karatheodori

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

Some issues I encountered on my Lumia 920 :

1. I first Instaled WP10 the next day it came out (around 10 days ago). That first time I had an issue with my SIM card. I entered my PIN code but it stuck there. So, the phone was unusable. I tried fixing it by performing a full reset but nothing happened, so I installed WP8.1 again.

3 or 4 days ago, I decided to re-install WP10, but this time I have my phone not to ask for a PIN code.

2. Now, every time I send an SMS I immediately get a "Message not send..." notification, although my message is always sent. I know that because... people reply to me.

3. This must be the most serious issue for me right now : When I plug my phone to charge my battery, the phone gets extremely hot. And when I say extremely, I mean it. My phone used to get hot when charging or some times when gaming but not like this. I also noticed that it is not getting charged as quick as it used to. Previously, going from (around) 15% to 100% was a matter of 2 hours (maybe 10 minutes more). The last 2 or 3 days, I plug my phone at around 50% and it is taking around 2 hours to reach 100%.
I am not sure if this is happening from the start or I just noticed it the last couple of days.

View attachment 103438

Continuing with the Battery/Charging issue :

Tonight something weird happened. I went to sleep around 2:00 am and pluged my phone (it was around 50%).

This morning, around 11:00 am (that is almost 9 hours later) my phone was really hot (again) and the screen did not display the Glance screen as it was supposed to. Instead it was black, but not like it was turned off. I tried to unlock it by double tapping, but nothing happened. So, I used the power button.

When I pressed the power button, I got a depleted battery message. You know, the one with the battery and the red line that blings 3 times. So, it seemed that my phone didn't charge the whole night. But then, why it was so hot?

When it booted, using a Battery app I got the following chart :

wp_ss_20150502_0005.jpg

It seems that my phone reached a 100% charge around 4:00 am (almost 2 hours after I pluged it). Almost an hour later, the phone started to lose charge, although I didn't unplug it (I was asleep). There was a period that stopped discharging (around 5:20 am to 5:40 am) and then continued discharging for the next 4 hours. I am guessing that the phone shut down around 9:30 am so the app didn't record anything.

That never happened before and I am really curious what would cause a behaviour like that...

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm trying to copy some files from Mac (Yosemite 10.10.3) to Lumia 535 (WP10), Windows Phone App shows this error 'We weren't able to open the device you've connected.' I don't understand why WP don't have standard Mass Storage or MTP connectivity. Any workaround?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site

After rolling back, my Lumia 730 freezes everytime I turn on Cortana. I don't even have to launch her, I just have to enable her from the settings and then the phone starts freezing and just reboots.

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

I just updated my 1520 and can't wake it up from.sleep. Any ideas? I did a soft reset it the problem.persists

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

When I delete a file in File Explorer, it does not show confirmation window until I rotate the phone to landscape, then it shows confirmation window with Ok and Cancel button.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

So, we all have plenty of crashes, lags and other bugs with the TP. Build 2015 is over and we heard something about faster Build delivery on the Fast Ring. The time is ripe for the next juicy TP update i thinnk. An ETA at least would be nice.

Petar Liovic

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

When do u think windows 10 for phone will be more stable to i can install it on my main phone? Somethimes i wish they relase 1-2 updates just for bug fix , no for new stuff

Vivida

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Lumia 925
Anyone else having the problem that "Looks" (not sure what it is called in English; that thing when you touch your phone when it is locked and it shows some basic information without showing the lockscreen) is constantly enabled and draining battery power?

Vivida

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Yep, "Blick" in German, thanks :) It was enabled by default and I cannot open the settings page for it either. Which is a "problem" (it's a TP, was to be expected) because I think that is the reason my battery power is draining so fast.

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I have a Lumia 735 and decided to take the plunge yesterday and install the Fast release of the technical preview. Ok it is laggy, with rough edges, but with a little patience, it is perfectly usable. I've kept it on the phone and provided feedback to MS. I have signed up to the Slow update now, so that I get a more stable builds up until the final release, but just wanted to let any others thinking twice that it has worked ok for me in the UK. I am missing OneNote - which, as Ajayden says above - seems to be a missing app along with Evernote.

Some great features in here which is awesome to see.....but I do get the feeling that some of the MS UI designers have reinvented the wheel where it was fine before! (redesign for the sake of redesign) Some of the UI looks worse than 8.1 and it's not because of rough edges... teh design just looks worse! Hopefully they will listen and adapt!

nemov888

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I have now reverted to 8.1. Win10 was a little slow, and the OS crashed once or twice, needing a restart, also lost mobile data....also required a restart. I could live with it fine, but the new features are nice to have rather than essential (for me at the moment). When a stable build comes along, I will most look forward to using again: Bluetooth Keyboard, speech to text, improved action/notification centre and the menu system for settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo