W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratever

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Just updated WP10 on my 535 and Wifi is not working. It says "searching" but nothing happens. In this way i'm unable to update to the next build. Is there any workaround?

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

After my phone updated it initially took a while to load the start screen(and then it was fine) from the lock screen(and i found out if you touch any capacitive buttons you will see a mouse cursor in the top left corner). Then I changed my tile transparency and the start screen would not display and would not even show "loading" it would just crash back to the settings app. Then when I tried to change it back it crashed the settings app. I am doing a hard reset now to try to fix it. I am using a Lumia 1020 upgraded from build 10052.

1. Cursor displays in top left when capacitive buttons are used
  2. Changing tiles transparency with the new slider bar in settings causes the start screen to not load and attempting to go to it with home button just crashes back to whatever app you went to it from
  3. Settings app crashes when attempting to revert transparency settings back

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

Update: I did a hard reset on the phone and restored from a back up. It is working better now and the start screen did not take nearly as long to load as it did when I first upgraded. I will however no longer attempt to touch the transparency slider.(unless someone confirms later on that the reason its so slow because the OS is doing things in the background and we need time for it to finish to make changes and stuff, which I suspect was going on). I was able to open the Store BETA and I like the look of the new store over the old store(even though it is white :cry:)

RyanAMG

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I updated my Icon when the update first came out. the phone got hot and rebooted on migrating data and now I get a black screen with cell and battery icons at the top. I can not pull down the menu to get to settings. if I plug the phone in to my computer I can see all my files. the only problem is I forgot to make a backup of one app that I would really love to keep the data. any ideas?

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

my store beta works rather well.. but sometimes i get "acquiring licence" right after "pending" and it goes until i restart. anyone has the same problem?

Spencer Carriveau

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

I updated my Icon when the update first came out. the phone got hot and rebooted on migrating data and now I get a black screen with cell and battery icons at the top. I can not pull down the menu to get to settings. if I plug the phone in to my computer I can see all my files. the only problem is I forgot to make a backup of one app that I would really love to keep the data. any ideas?

Do a hard reset using your hardware keys.
"1) Power the device off
2) Press the power key once, device will vibrate
3) Immediately press and hold the Volume Down key
4) Exclamation point will appear, release Volume Down key
5) Press these buttons one at a time in this order:
- Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down
6) Device should vibrate, reboot, show the Nokia flash screen, and then go to the spinning gears install screen."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...creen-on/531e0431-595e-4cbc-9ae2-c50fc696f684

vraev

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Latest 10080 build. Cannot open settings at all. None of the settings work...on Lumia 1020. Anyone else face this issue?

RaRa85

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
This build has been pretty stable for me on my Lumia 920. The problems I ran into so far is that the Windows Central is now linked to the forums section in which attempting to open the Windows Central app takes me directly to the forums. This has happened even after uninstalling and then installing the app again. Also under personalization the system exits back to the start screen when trying to change the lock screen image. Also I am not seeing the additional love tile sizes for Cortana or the Facebook app or any other app that supports the double wide, double tall or the single wide, double tall tile sizes.

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Can't interact with the touchscreen and softkeys?
Try soft-resetting (power+VolDown), then right when the lockscreen comes up, unlock it within 2.5 seconds.
Make sure your USB settings are set, so that you auto-accept data connection (for backup purpose).
Also disable your PIN for faster unlock. :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Phew, where to start.. loaded today's update on a 1520, lots of bugs. I did a full reset and restore from backup.

In both cases the tiles take up 75% of the width of the screen, and I can move tiles to the blank space on the right, i.e. four medium tiles next to each other. Anyone else?

Setting a start screen background it only covers about half the width of the screen.

Upon first start the language and region were in Chinese (I think) on this Hong Kong model, but panning the language list didn't work, it would just tap, not pan. Lots of tapping later I was back to region US, language US English.

On the start screen there is no way to tell whether an app has already been downloaded. Tapping tiles for not yet downloaded apps seems to do exactly nothing.

"show more tiles" on or off doesn't change anything.

Minor: Tap and hold the WiFi action toggle goes via start to the settings page, rather than directly to settings.

I can't find the battery saver action toggle.

Jack Fagan

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Phew, where to start.. loaded today's update on a 1520, lots of bugs. I did a full reset and restore from backup.

In both cases the tiles take up 75% of the width of the screen, and I can move tiles to the blank space on the right, i.e. four medium tiles next to each other. Anyone else?

Setting a start screen background it only covers about half the width of the screen.

Upon first start the language and region were in Chinese (I think) on this Hong Kong model, but panning the language list didn't work, it would just tap, not pan. Lots of tapping later I was back to region US, language US English.

On the start screen there is no way to tell whether an app has already been downloaded. Tapping tiles for not yet downloaded apps seems to do exactly nothing.

"show more tiles" on or off doesn't change anything.

Minor: Tap and hold the WiFi action toggle goes via start to the settings page, rather than directly to settings.

I can't find the battery saver action toggle.

I have the exact same problem with the start screen on my 1520. Huge margin on the right edge.

12ColourPencils

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Build 10080
OneDrive will not sync. Basically just an app with no files.
Photo App will not install. Unable to view an photo or videos taken by camera apps.
People Hub will not open.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Build 10080
OneDrive will not sync. Basically just an app with no files.
Photo App will not install. Unable to view an photo or videos taken by camera apps.
Same here on OneDrive. Photos works from the all apps list, but after removing my restored photo tiles I can't pin the app anymore.

edit: suddenly pinning started working again. Photos works.

Last edited:

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Wow, this build is even worst than the last one from what I've seen so far. Did my third hard reset now, let's see if it will get better. But there is so much that doesn't work.
The Desktop preview is getting better and better each build, the mobile is more and more broken. What's up with them? I mean, sure it's an Alpha, but shouldn't we see improvements over the last 4 months? I hope they will manage it until release, I like the OS (without the bugs).​

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Wow, this build is even worst than the last one from what I've seen so far. Did my third hard reset now, let's see if it will get better. But there is so much that doesn't work.​
Which bits don't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon