W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Kazi

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

I am not able to access the settings. Does anyone have the same issue ?? Is there any workaround for it ???

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I am not able to access the settings. Does anyone have the same issue ?? Is there any workaround for it ???

That happened to me a few times where you could not drag the screen to get to the settings.
However if you can access the apps menu then you can enter settings there.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm out of town and Windows 10 basically made my phone useless.
Thank God for Nokia Recovery tool, a Surface Pro Tablet and a pretty fast hotel Wi-Fi connection. Took about an hour to download Windows 8.1 and then it installed without a hitch.

I will try Windows 10 again on the next build. I did at least try this one and gave them feedback on several issues.

Moskus

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

I can live without much on my phones, but a browser and OneNote is mandatory. However, I'm unable to install the OneNote Preview from Store (beta).

I've tried everything I can think of, like setting all reginal settings to US (messing with these settings also caused me to lose Cortana, and I can't get it back!), but no matter what I do it still says "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Has anybody seen this (and hopefully solved it)?

karan25i

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Once i tried to download language pack for UK to use Cortana here in india.it made it almost dead.only nokia logo was there on the screen.done reset and now everything is ok.so no Cortana.for one note i tried 3 to 4 times,and then downloading starts.have anyone noticed that version of apps on "beta store" and "store" are different.also Spartan browser fails to dowload attachment pdf from gmail.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Start menu not appearing

Updated Lumia 535 to WP10 10080, on Language / Region selection screen when I selected US, screen dimmed and tiny blue square appeared on top left, nothing worked except back, so left it with default UK selection, on Thanks for using Lumia screen there was no Ok button, so I pressed Windows button there, finally hard rest. Default camera app isn't working so using Lumia Camera, sometime it shows just green screen instead of viewfinder, restart always solve this problem. Installed all preview apps e.g. Word, Video, Music, all working fine, OneNote is also working. Some confirmation windows doesn't show up unless rotating the phone to landscape, like if I try to uninstall any app or try to delete multiple files in File Explorer, phone need to be in landscape mode, in portrait mode doesn't show Ok or Cancel options.

Cortana isn't working, it ask for location access and when I tap Allow it stuck at dimmed screen with tiny blue square on top left.

Last edited:

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Guys where is the Double Tap to Wake setting in this 10080 build?

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site

In settings under extra's and if you do not have "extra's" there was a "glitch" during the update to 10080.

Yeah mine doesn't have extras in the settings. But all the extras are in my app list, strangely enough. Glad though, so at least I can access them.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah mine doesn't have extras in the settings. But all the extras are in my app list, strangely enough. Glad though, so at least I can access them.

Just to let you know in some posts it was mentioned that touch, glance and one more disappear out the App list after a store update. So keep an eye on them and see if the are still present in the app list.

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My Lumia 903 seems to be running a lot better (still rough though) than when I first installed it. Was there a stealth update overnight?

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Thanks Jonnie for sharing this, just wanted to access Touch settings and its there in Apps

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

When I try to uninstall any app it shows this screen, any workaround to this? Dimmed screen with blue dot.
550eb8553cf12df8b2daf401b2e4ee8b.jpg

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site

Hello everyone!
Has anybody had the problem where downloading paid apps with trials often results inngetting the trial?

And when you press purchase, it says 'you have already paid, would you like to install? So i press install, and it installs.

Switch the app on, it's still in trial mode.

My days of playing survivalcraft are over *cry*

Anybody else have this problem? (l1520 rm937)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Hello everyone!
Has anybody had the problem where downloading paid apps with trials often results inngetting the trial?
Not this exact problem, but the beta store app doesn't seem to know whether I already purchased an app. It still shows the price even when I already own it.

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site

It did that even in 8.1
This problem persists even with hard reset...
Could you just try to get an app that has a trial that you've paid for? I tried with store beta and store, both did not work. It sucks... I love survivalcraft, it was a good break from exams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99