W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aswin Rajan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Sticking only to bugs (since the experience section is diff)
when i first updated from my 8.1 on my 930.. with my email configured, my outlook mail disappeared.. i still had calendar..
did a hard reset, and everything was great, except my email - while the outlook app came back, my company uses Airwatch (MDM) to automatically configured and add a workplace / exchange account.. airwatch throws a connection error, which means cant use email - one of the primary reasons i use WP... gonna restore 8.1 ..configure email n then try upgrading to 10 again.. (if that doesnt work, its gonna be Win 10 only on my backup 920)
other bugs - have seen a lotta places i came across a black screen - on hard reset (some of the accepts were all blank) also cant add languages / speech etc.. so No Cortana :( ...the screen shot combo complains of not able to take one, but the photos do get saved in the gallery...store beta is slow..search on all apps dont work proper.. (but overall a much better build..- can easily use on my primary phone if not fr my office mail issue)

desertedhell

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Just installed on my 635. Has lags but overall not too bad. Have only seen two small issues so far. Had airplane mode turn on by itself, then the phone rebooted it self. Second one is I get screen stutters and a flash of the screen every so often. So far apps are working and haven't had the phone lock up. But I did do a hard reset right after installing to start with clean slate. So far loving windows 10 has lot of promise Imo

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Hi,
i have installed 10080 on my L520. I had to remove the SD card and hard reset the L520, before that i had no home screen.
Now i can?t use the back and home button, only the search button works. Does anybody else recognice the same?
regards.

firehawk_1

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Calendar reminder alert does not appear to be working... no notification or sound of the reminder.
No SMS sound selection
Outlook mail app sometimes just exits on its own
Cortana stopped working for me when I switched regions...from UK to US and then when back to UK..still did not appear to work and says it is not available in the current market.

wiki_brown

May 15, 2015
Visit site

My phone launches Cortana each time I get a text while I'm connected to Bluetooth.
I had this seeing turned off in WM 8.1 and cannot find it in the settings on WM10

williog

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

For my lumia i noticed that uploading pictures into social media is a hit or miss especially bbm upload. It does not change my display pics.

AFransella

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

Biggest issues for me are my old alarms still going off despite the app being gone (so no sleeping in apparently!) and the battery being used up super quickly (mostly fixed by uninstalling Battery Saver from app list). Also there's a horizontal scaling issue in IE where I can't tap on the three dots to the right of the addy bar, it just reloads the page instead. Lumia Icon

EMINENT 1

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site

After the upgrade, my settings, phone and messaging tile were nowhere to be found. Hard Reset worked for me.

Things i've found are:

Fonts and icons are blurry.
Start screen loading times are ridiculous still.
Can't make a custom ringtone with MS Ringtone maker.
Glance Background doesn't support high res images.
Cortana still isn't available with dark mode.
Cortana on Band still doesn't work.
Mobile Hotspot won't initiate if wifi is on. Must turn off wifi for it to work.

Other than those, the phone is usable. Can't wait till they're done with this.

Even worse is we're probably still months away from everything finally working right.

Last edited:

melvintwj

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

While it doesn't classify as a bug/defect, anyone here finds the animation for sending a quick reply bad? As in replying a SMS from the toast notification, the way the banner just cascades away. Eek.

rcmarvin

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Updated to build 10080, and the start screen did not show up, it just kept showing "Loading"
Have to hard reset my device, another problem is the keyboard/speech still didn't work

dropqube

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

The OS itself got better but I encounter a HEAVY bug and definitely have to go back to Windows Phone 8.1 until the next build Comes out.

My Lumia 635 Dual Sim isn't getting a cellular data connection anymore, even after I tried all of these steps:

- Soft reset
- Hard reset (multiple times)
- Adding Internet APN manually
- Changing to a different provider profile from the SIM Card
- Flight mode on/off

I already went back to 8.1 where cellular data immediately worked, then I updated again back to the latest Windows 10 preview and data instantly doesn't work. So even upgrading from a complete fresh 8.1 Installation the data Connection FAILS. WiFi still works, but that's not helping a lot if I'm on the go...

Any suggestions are welcome, but as for now I see not a lot of hope for fixing that one

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Under add internet apn type in "phone" and everything else leave blank and save. This gives u cell data but mms still does not work. I just had to roll back myself do to my phone getting very hot even with not using it and needing to charge my battery three times a day. Was worried my phone may get fried so now back on 8.1 waiting for new build.

dropqube

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Under add internet apn type in "phone" and everything else leave blank and save..

Didn't work, also tried rebooting the phone afterwards. Still no connection. Also already tried all other kinds of tips I found on the web.

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

internet sharing doesn't work when the screen turns off. :/ LAMEEEEE!! :D so annoying!!

surendra356

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

How to download English US language pack, Its on queue and not at all downloading even after 2hrs i restarted 5 times also. Can anyone help????

ricardocr

May 20, 2015
Visit site

I installed the latest version last night and it was working "fine", I was receiving notifications from the outlook app and calendar
Now if I go to "Settings/Notifications and actions" those two apps are not longer there, so the phone is not giving me a notification, even at the live tile.
Odd enough I have a Band and when I get an email I do get the notification in there immediately, any idea on how to add the apps back into the notification center?
thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

internet sharing doesn't work when the screen turns off. :/ LAMEEEEE!! :D so annoying!!

2 remarks,

1 In the settings > wifi > manage > there is a box to keep wifi ON or OFf after screenlock
2 Switch off internet sharing before you power off your phone otherwise Wifi will not work anymore . (Know bug of this build)

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site

I've signed into my outlook account. But my email is showing my old (Nokia) ovi account. What's even more weird is that the emails displayed are actually my OUTLOOK emails! I have not signed into my ovi/ Nokia account at all. I've reset but it just keeps happening. Using my outlook account shows my Nokia ovi account. Help

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

I've signed into my outlook account. But my email is showing my old (Nokia) ovi account. What's even more weird is that the emails displayed are actually my OUTLOOK emails! I have not signed into my ovi/ Nokia account at all. I've reset but it just keeps happening. Using my outlook account shows my Nokia ovi account. Help

I think it is just the "name" and you can change that.
Open the outlook mail > tap the hamburger (top left) > tap settings wheel (bottom right) > tap accounts > tap the account > change "account name"

If so please use the windows feedback app to give this feedback to Microsoft even if my suggestion is not true.

PRATIK CHAVDA1

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site

In wp10 battery drain very fast.....so how can i increase my battert life in wp10...plzz provide me any solution if you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon