W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

hey Cortana doesn't work on 930
-cant fix

also when upgrading from 8.1, store beta tries to "update" numerous apps that don't need updating. And they keep failing.
- only way to fix is to uninstall, then reinstall said apps.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

hey Cortana doesn't work on 930
-cant fix

also when upgrading from 8.1, store beta tries to "update" numerous apps that don't need updating. And they keep failing.
- only way to fix is to uninstall, then reinstall said apps.

I domt think hey cortana feature is available on TP10.. The failing update bug has been fixed in this build.. Cancel all the downloads and update each app manually by searching..

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

What about Viber, Messenger, Skype, etc... ? Still crashing every few texts ?

I think crash after few texts was the keyboard suggestion bug.. I had this issue while using whatsapp in 10136.. It used to crash while using suggestions.. I dont find the same problem in this build..

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Cannot open photos, camera, people, messaging...gives me an error saying, 'There's a problem with People/Messaging. First, try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again'. Haven't been able to figure out a solution...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Cannot open photos, camera, people, messaging...gives me an error saying, 'There's a problem with People/Messaging. First, try to buy the app. If that doesn't work, you'll need to uninstall the app and then install it again'. Haven't been able to figure out a solution...

Did you try to go to Store beta and check for updates?
and give it some time.

renron

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone have an issue where none of the system apps ie, music photos contacts did not get installed when updating the preview? i cannot fine any of the system apps after the update:unhappysweat:

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Tried updating on my Lumia 620. The cogs were spinning, progress bar was at the middle, suddenly bam! Sad face :-(.

What do I do? Will Windows Recovery Tool fix it?

Charles Silva

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Does Hey Cortana work for you guys? The app is still called Search and doesn't have setting to enable hey cortana, also cortana doesn't say anything in this build just like 10136. L930.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Try hard reset

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

I have another issue with the OneNote and other Office Apps. I cannot add my Office 365 account. This was also an issue in the previous build. Not sure if this more relates to the version of the App or the OS, but the error is: There's a problem with Work or School account. Again I also get the uninstall or buy option which does not fix anything.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone have an issue where none of the system apps ie, music photos contacts did not get installed when updating the preview? i cannot fine any of the system apps after the update:unhappysweat:

Hard reset.. All the apps will be back

BigDvr6

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Bug's i have on the 830.

Quiet mode tile wont stop blinking, and i can't see how to turn it off, has caused my battery to go from full to 36% in a few hours.

Cortana listens but does not respond.

That's it for now, pretty impressed by the build so far.

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Another issue... After the upgrade to 10149 from the previous build, my Start screen background image cannot be changed to any other image. Even deleting that image from the phone does not help. Rebooting also does not fix this. Anyone else seeing this?

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Tried updating on my Lumia 620. The cogs were spinning, progress bar was at the middle, suddenly bam! Sad face :-(.

What do I do? Will Windows Recovery Tool fix it?

How much free space is there in your phone.. Make sure your have more than 2gb space.. Move all things to sd card.. Install the build with more than 50% charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs