W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anup Balachandran

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I too want to know how to get rid of the Quiet Hours toggle blinking all the time.
And I hear a faint 'ringing' sound (the sort you hear when metal hits against metal) every time I hold my L1020 to my ear and talk on a call. Anyone having this problem??

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Another issue... After the upgrade to 10149 from the previous build, my Start screen background image cannot be changed to any other image. Even deleting that image from the phone does not help. Rebooting also does not fix this. Anyone else seeing this?
Had this prob.. Tried to change the image but failed 2-3 times.. Try again and again or change it to none and then try using tile, if not working with tile try with background.. Hard reset if still not working

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Seems hard resetting is the solution for most bugs/issues. If you talk about hard reset, is that where you hold the Vol- and Power button? Or factory reset?

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Is there any workaround for people hub? it just keeps on crashing.

This is a brief review so far of this latest build (10149) on my Lumia 730 dual sim (India).
I have found only following bugs so far:

1. The action centre items sometimes keep blinking (esp. quiet hiur).

2. The people hub again crashes like before.

3. The language pack still cannot be downladed and used.

4. Sometimes swipe down action of notification centre lags. Usually when we used to play games and all, the action centre used to take a pause in between before the full swipe down. Now its seen everywhere.

5. Microsoft Edge fails to display few websites properly, especially facebook.

6. When you click on 'check updates' in store beta, you will end up seeing the entire set of apps you have installed in update queue. I wonder why.

7. Still uninstalling an app from app list wont take it away instantly. Only a restart will remove it from the app list.

Now the good things about the build.

1. The new animations are nice, though it looks like iOS animations.

2. The app loading time has reduced and seems much faster.

3. The parallax effect on start screen has returned.

4. There is a decent transtion from start screen to app list swipe action. Seems good so far.

5. The 8.1 update 2 feature to lock devices by double tapping on on-screen navigation bar has entered this build and live.

6. You can see many minor and major tweaks in UI, like font style & size, app icons, volume bar, placement of items in action centre,accent colour for navigation bar ( on screen), dark background for store beta and so on.
7. PDF files can be opened using a dedicated PDF reader app now.

8. New system sounds like in PC/ laptop is audible for system alerts or default tones.

9. The file explorer also has certain tweaks and the folder icons are more polished now.

10. The new video app is called movies &tv and it has new options as well. It detects folders from your photos hub and picks up the videos from there.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Cortana has no settings, and there are no settings for Cortana in the "all settings" app.
-ok found it. its in notebook :p haha

Cortana crashes when I ask her to "take me home". This used to launch the Here DRIVE app and give me directions home.

Last edited:

PayAndCry

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

You can find the settings for cortana in the Notebook section of cortana. Had to search the whole morning to find it :confused:

Anup Balachandran

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Somehow my messages are not getting sent. I seem to need to restart the phone if I want the message I sent to get delivered. Anyone else having this error?
And the Quiet Hours toggle goes off occasionally after a few restarts, but reappears again when charging. It also seems to be draining the battery heavily!

Vincent van Rooijen

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Cellular Data is not working for me. This is major for me!
Did try manually create APN but did not succeed in working data connection. Anyone same issue/solution?

thetruth1960

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Has anyone been able to setup Cortana in build 10149? I get to a screen that tells me the features it has and that I can turn them off. But I cannot scroll down to go to the next page. From there, I'm stuck. This is in a L920.

thetruth1960

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Here is a few more things that I've found. Has anyone else seen this?
1) Store Beta doesn't start. It hangs on the shopping bag and it closes down because it is taking too long to start.
2) In the App List if you try to search, after you enter the first letter, the keyboard goes away. If you tap on the search box the keyboard comes back up and you can then type normally.
3) Quite hours is blinking in the action center and I can't do anything with it. This could be related to the problem I mentioned in a previous post above that I can't setup Cortana.
4) There is no way that I've found how to have email notifications on the lock screen. Outlook Email is not on the list of options that I can select. This has been like that since build 10080 so it might be a problem with the Outlook Email itself and not the OS.

Anup Balachandran

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

I remember, way back in 10080, Glance options vanished suddenly, and Hotspot would stop working when the screen locked after 5 minutes. Now in 10149, Glance is shown as installed in the 'OLD' store, but doesn't show up in the App list. I haven't yet been able to try Hotspot.

thetruth1960 - I noticed all the issues that you mention on my L1020..

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Had the problem on last build that live folders disappeared - but the apps were still listed as pinned. recreation of live folders with two new apps recreated the live folders one by one.
Have the same issue now even though the app corner was not the trigger but a simply restart.
unfortunately I cant recreate folders to trigger live folders generation because they don't start to group

PayAndCry

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Cellular Data is not working for me. This is major for me!
Did try manually create APN but did not succeed in working data connection. Anyone same issue/solution?
Did you also select the new APN after it? The Cellualar Data didn?t work for me, too. But after creating the right APN and selecting it my data connection worked.

thetruth1960

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

I got the Store Beta app to work by soft resetting the phone. However, the other 3 issues are still there.

PixelSpielkind

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

After I had some Issues, I did a hard-Reset and now almost everything seems to work..

I can even changed the Background Images for Lockscreen and Start-Screen.
But the Problem is, that these Images seem to be converted to a low resolution Version on my Lumia 930.
Even a big 1920x1200 pixel JPG looks like a 300x400 pixel Picture that was resized to FullHD by some bad Photo-Viewer....

Does anybody else seen this behaviour?

If i choose "Bing" as Background for Lock Screen the Picture is in Full Resolution...

marinang

May 23, 2013
Visit site

so, i am trying to update my lumia 920 from wp8.1 to this build and wheel thing finished and i see the nokia logo on the screen, few seconds after it goes back to the wheels and nokia logo again and wheel again and so on....anyone can help? is there anything i can do?
thx in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers