W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

After Factory reset, mms no longer works. Same as last build on my Icon

Same for me on my Icon. MMS not working - if I am sending a picture get an immediate "failed - try again" response and doesn't send.
Also having the continued issue (was same in previous build) where many apps won't install but continually attempt to install/re-install when in the Store (Beta).
Continued issue with cursor placement in OneNote app

Those aside, the build is generally speaking GREATLY improved and VERY usable (its on my daily driver). The MMS issue is the biggest problem for me, wish there was a workaround available.

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Hard reset after upgrade on my Nokia 1520 broke it. Was working fine before the reset, but I got the frown, and had to revert back to 8.1. Going to finish that up and try again.

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I can't add my Gmail account to Outlook. All stages of verification work until the Permission page, where it lists the things it wants to be allowed to do and presents Cancel and Accept buttons. The Accept button is unresponsive.

[EDIT - All good now. I was advised by Ashish Gupta to go in the Store Beta and manually update the Outlook Mail And Calendar app, and the Accept button worked after that]

Last edited:

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I have a problem with the SD card in 10149 on Lumia 535.

Submitted to Gabe already, but it appears that apps installed on an SD card are very unreliable indeed.
Almost all of my apps are installed on an SD card, but since updating from Windows Phone 8.1 (Update 1), the apps show "Unavailable" for the ones installed on an SD card, even though the SD card is inserted.
I've tried a soft reset but to no avail.

VB80

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I can't install new apps or update the ones I already have. A reboot don't solve this problem. Both stores give the same error. Has anyone an idea how to solve this.

Exanthius

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Another issue... After the upgrade to 10149 from the previous build, my Start screen background image cannot be changed to any other image. Even deleting that image from the phone does not help. Rebooting also does not fix this. Anyone else seeing this?

I can change my wallpaper to a custom image (on Lumia 1520) but it is very low resolution and very blurry. The original image is a high res (something over 1080p) but when I set it as a background it is awfully ugly and just a very low res version... :( Does anyone have a solution for this?

DroneMx

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Everything ok on my 1520, all apps working, no resuming time anymore. Even Cortana in french works fine.
The only thing that isn't working is the Quiet Hours in the notification bar that is still blinking after reboot.

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Had issue with Microsoft Health, it kept crashing after the splash screen. Store (Beta) seemed to be trying to install an update but it kept crashing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled, didn't lose sync with Band and is now working great.

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

When I open 'Phone' all I have is a dialler pad, no history, speed dial, or way to get to my contacts. Anybody else experienced this?

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

After Factory reset, mms no longer works. Same as last build on my Icon

Yeah i'm having the same issue on my Icon as well. This problem existed in the previous build which also did expose the ability to add an MMS APN but this new build does not, it only has the Internet APN.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone else having a problem with Microsoft Health not running?

Yeah I have the same problem, i'm not getting my notifications on my Band either. My next step is to unregister the band and then re-register and see if that fixes both the Health app and the notifications on the Band.

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I have a problem with the SD card in 10149 on Lumia 535.

Submitted to Gabe already, but it appears that apps installed on an SD card are very unreliable indeed.
Almost all of my apps are installed on an SD card, but since updating from Windows Phone 8.1 (Update 1), the apps show "Unavailable" for the ones installed on an SD card, even though the SD card is inserted.
I've tried a soft reset but to no avail.
Move all apps to sd.. You wont have the same prob again

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site

Finally they released a build that can be uses and give feedback based on.
Do you know a way to support the ideas from wp8.1

kumar_0119578

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site

did anyone succeeded in installing app from store beta or update phone on network with proxy configuration.
for me it is not working.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

@ivan vasquez - I'd be interested if you do get notifications working on your band. My first foray into Win 10 on my L930 was last week's 10136 build. I managed to install MS Health and had a BT connection to my band, but no notifications came through - not even notifications for calls or SMS's. Even after reinstalling the app, resetting and re-registering the band, notifications were still broken (although the band was still syncing data such as steps to MS Health). This was a deal breaker for me, so I went back to 8.1 (where, ironically, notifications to my band have been working better than ever).

I'm tempted to try 10149, but don't want to go through the faff if my band is not going to work.

FWIW - I'm in the UK, so all my language settings are UK English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss