W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Some Bugs i noticed so far on Lumia 929:

Major:
Media does not upload to OneDrive, namely photos
Can't send attachments on texts. (Error: "Can't send)

Minor:
Red bar at the top of screen when OneDrive is open, regardless of theme color
Windows freeze at times and then it goes back to start screen

That's all i noticed so far!

Light years ahead of 10136. Stable enough for daily driver without a doubt.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Some Bugs i noticed so far on Lumia 929:

Major:
Media does not upload to OneDrive, namely photos
Can't send attachments on texts. (Error: "Can't send)

Minor:
Red bar at the top of screen when OneDrive is open, regardless of theme color
Windows freeze at times and then it goes back to start screen

That's all i noticed so far!

Light years ahead of 10136. Stable enough for daily driver without a doubt.

Yeah I have the same, although I haven't looked into the OneDrive issue. I take it you get the same error when sending a group text message, "can't send"

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

on my 1020 literally no apps will open for me, they just CTD, the update finished about 15 hours ago, multiple soft resets later, still no change. also updating apps auto (which does nothing) or manually via store beta doesn't help, its strange because i haven't seen anyone else with this problem, sometimes it's nice to know you are not alone :evil:

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone have a problem with SD cards on 10149?
Apps installed are not available, even with the SD card installed and after soft resets and all that.

Have not tried hard reset, trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Is there any workaround for people hub? it just keeps on crashing.
you can disable the contact SYNC from google account
that's the culprit !
1)In MAIL App, go to the setting and change sync setting of coogle
2)MOST IMPORTANT BACKUP AT THIS STEP
3)Hard reset and restore settings

you may get half working rarely(sometime while editing) crashing PEOPLE app
to edit contact i use PC app,it syncs right after editing

boltz82

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

Cellular Data is not working for me. This is major for me!
Did try manually create APN but did not succeed in working data connection. Anyone same issue/solution?

I had this issue at first but it seemed to work itself out on its own. I did a soft reset and it was working and then five minutes later it seemed to be? Perhaps it worked it out somewhere in the background.

boltz82

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

After the update I seemed to have a few of the issues that many are having here. Most of them have cleared with the exception of two that I can't seem to figure out.

1. When in an area that has a wifi signal the phone refuses to connect if my cellular data is on. When both a cellular data and wifi signal are present it won't connect. If I turn off wifi the cellular data works. Conversely if I turn off the cellular data and turn on wifi the wifi connects. When both are on, nothing.

2. The web browser, Project Spartan, when pressed attempts to open, the animations start and transitions to a black screen then goes back to the start screen. Hard reset attempted but still no fix. I downloaded the UC Browser which works but when I try to use a web link in an email in prompts to either use IE which is defunct or Project Spartan which is non-op.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately, the only thing my 1320 got out of this build is a set of nicely animated spinning gears. lol ��
Recovery Tool on the horizon. ha ha ha

wolfpak54

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

ATT 1520 here, after the rebuild, Hey Cortana is telling me voice activation is not available on this phone....

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

2. The web browser, Project Spartan, when pressed attempts to open, the animations start and transitions to a black screen then goes back to the start screen. Hard reset attempted but still no fix. I downloaded the UC Browser which works but when I try to use a web link in an email in prompts to either use IE which is defunct or Project Spartan which is non-op.

Are you on the right build? Spartan's gone now, you get Edge instead.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Are you on the right build? Spartan's gone now, you get Edge instead.
i am on the latest build and i still have project spartan in the apps list (it doesnt open though) but clearly some update issue for some / partial migration

azlkk

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

With work email set up 10149 asks for a PIN, more complicated than my work login for that matter, and then won't let me enter the confirming number. Things stop at that point until the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Didn't have this problem with 10136.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

With work email set up 10149 asks for a PIN, more complicated than my work login for that matter, and then won't let me enter the confirming number. Things stop at that point until the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Didn't have this problem with 10136.

I believe there was a snippet about PIN unlocking with a resolution to wait 1-2 hours (which is crazy) after a failed attempt. In any case my recommendation, remove PIN unlock until they can provide a proper fix.

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Going to Skype and clicking on "Get it Now" gives option for old store or store beta. Open in Store Beta and it pops up "Meet Me" app. Which I didn't pay enough attention to and just clicked the "Free" button when the store started up. Now, due to MS's complete inability to give us a simple screen for "delete from my purchase history", I've got this stupid thing that'll probably try to reinstall itself every time I check for updates in Store Beta like all the other crap apps that I've uninstalled since WP7.

Tried doing a search for Skype in Store Beta but it doesn't exist.

Used "Update" from old store and it picked it up, but it's not giving me the option to pin it to my start screen any more.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Hi :) Anyone installed this new build on Lumia 535, please post your comments, has scaling issue fixed, can you delete photo or file without rotating the device to landscape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss