W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Hi :) Anyone installed this new build on Lumia 535, please post your comments, has scaling issue fixed, can you delete photo or file without rotating the device to landscape?

scaling not fix now a new bug while using keyboard in some appswp_ss_20150626_0001.png
deleting while portrait now possible
more stable and i can use location now:evil:

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

@ivan vasquez - I'd be interested if you do get notifications working on your band. My first foray into Win 10 on my L930 was last week's 10136 build. I managed to install MS Health and had a BT connection to my band, but no notifications came through - not even notifications for calls or SMS's. Even after reinstalling the app, resetting and re-registering the band, notifications were still broken (although the band was still syncing data such as steps to MS Health). This was a deal breaker for me, so I went back to 8.1 (where, ironically, notifications to my band have been working better than ever).

I'm tempted to try 10149, but don't want to go through the faff if my band is not going to work.

FWIW - I'm in the UK, so all my language settings are UK English.

I have Lumia 930 in UK and am receiving notifications on my band with 10149. Had to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Health but didn't need to go through resetting and registering band.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

I have Lumia 930 in UK and am receiving notifications on my band with 10149. Had to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Health but didn't need to go through resetting and registering band.

I've uninstalled the Health app then it kept failing a re-install, I'm still trying to re-install it again and I will report an update.

Daniel Menoni

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

With work email set up 10149 asks for a PIN, more complicated than my work login for that matter, and then won't let me enter the confirming number. Things stop at that point until the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. Didn't have this problem with 10136.

I have the same issue. It is not the TPM issue. It seems that Office365 (for me) and maybe other ActiveSync email accounts enforce the overly complex password requirement (Upper, Lower, Number). I deleted the work account, set a numeric pin and then re-added the work account and it worked. After a phone restart it asks you to update your PIN back to one that meets the aforesaid requirements. Kind of a PITA to do Upper, Lower and Number from the alphanumeric keyboard. I've added a suggestion to feedback.

(HTC One M8 on T-Mobile)

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Can you delete photo or file without rotating the phone? Please confirm.

Specifically on a Lumia 535 and SD? I have the Icon and I can delete pictures without issues from within the Photos app or the File manager and there isn't any need to rotate the phone.

Nishad Thakur

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Specifically on a Lumia 535 and SD? I have the Icon and I can delete pictures without issues from within the Photos app or the File manager and there isn't any need to rotate the phone.
delete issue on 535 was from the build 10051 and never resolve till 10149

Mladen Mikovic

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm stuck with 1 missed call notification on phone tile and lockscreen, tried unpining the tile, reset, soft reset, deleting that missed call but nothing..
Anybody with the same problem?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

I have installed this latest build 10149 on my Icon. how i fixed MOST of the app update issue:

1. installed it from 8.1, surprised the update went well with all my stuff migrated properly as far as I know.
2. I hit reset phone right away and setup as new phone - good practice for every preview.
3. Again, once you landed on the start screen, turn on Airplane mode to avoid app auto updating.
4. Uninstall every apps that is possible.
5. Reinstall them again from the Store Beta and other phone feature updates will work, EXCEPT...
6. 2 things are not able to update - Extra + Info and Transfer my data. Both have error 0x803f8001

I got my gmail, hotmail, exchange account working and syncing fine. changed lockscreen and start photos fine as well... will keep you guys posted.

Irrelevantone

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

My background pics are all blurry. Not sure if the same for others, overall nice improvements all around. Lumia 1520(AKA the Beast)

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

My background pics are all blurry. Not sure if the same for others, overall nice improvements all around. Lumia 1520(AKA the Beast)

Yeah it appears as thought it doesn't matter how good of a quality picture you are using it will look pretty blurry when you add a new background image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb