W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Nope. I know where ti plug it in but don't know where to get the address.

Is your phone on at&t? If so this is what I found:
Name ATT
APN wap.cingular or pta
Proxy blank
Username blank
Password blank
Server blank
MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port 80
MMC 310
MNC 410
Authentication type not set
APN Type internet + mms
APN Protocol WAP 2.0
APN enable/disable blank

You have to go into settings the sim and add an APN.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

On my 640 I have no 'Glance' any more.

Also cannot for the life of me find out where to set an unlock PIN code :(

my 640 has glance.
to set a pin goto personalization-lock screen-scroll to the bottom to "sign in options"- add pin

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

So far, settings can't be opened, One Note is gone, Office is gone, a weird line appears at the bottom when in the store, you can't see all apps in store. Store Beta can't be opened. In fact, NONE of my apps can be opened it just says app can't be opened a app update may be available in the store. I think this has fried my 830...

Edit: I am finally able to get into the store beta and download a few things, but others are just weird. I still can't get into the regular store.

Last edited:

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Messaging not working on my 830. The app is opening and showing all my previous messages. But I'm not receiving any sms. Had to wait a long for the call from WhatsApp and telegram in order to get the code to activate them. Anyone else having the same problem?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Messaging not working on my 830. The app is opening and showing all my previous messages. But I'm not receiving any sms. Had to wait a long for the call from WhatsApp and telegram in order to get the code to activate them. Anyone else having the same problem?

Yup. I have, I can't even send multimedia messages. I'm using my Lumia 920 now. I'm gonna try to revert my L830 back to WP8.1 and use my 920 as a W10:TP. Oh yeah I've been losing pics and can't even save images, the only way is screen shots and cropping. I totally screwed up my 830. Time for a fresh start, round 3...

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yup. I have, I can't even send multimedia messages. I'm using my Lumia 920 now. I'm gonna try to revert my L830 back to WP8.1 and use my 920 as a W10:TP. Oh yeah I've been losing pics and can't even save images, the only way is screen shots and cropping. I totally screwed up my 830. Time for a fresh start, round 3...

You and me both.

jimm69

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I still cannot enable Cortana. Did an upgrade yesterday and a hard reset today on a HTC One M8. I Get to the screen that says Before we get started, I'll need some info with a page full of text below but no way to continue on. I get a red bar at the bottom that says Search the web and windows to perform a search but am not able to proceed to the cortana settings. I can do a search and get to the hamburger menu to get to the settings screen which brings me right back here. Any one else get this?

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site

I still cannot enable Cortana. Did an upgrade yesterday and a hard reset today on a HTC One M8. I Get to the screen that says Before we get started, I'll need some info with a page full of text below but no way to continue on. I get a red bar at the bottom that says Search the web and windows to perform a search but am not able to proceed to the cortana settings. I can do a search and get to the hamburger menu to get to the settings screen which brings me right back here. Any one else get this?

I was getting this on my 635 until I realized I had scaled the text larger through the settings menu under ease of access..as soon as I reduced that the full text was visible and I could proceed. A bug for sure. You might want to check that.

hyperthermia

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I really hate the store beta. Cant update apps . Cant also .uninstall them. Cant also reinstall them with original store coz they look updated, cant also uninstall them with storage sense

Ivan Vasquez

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

So I'm not sure I'm answering your question but when you launch Cortana you then have to select notebook and then from there you can view the settings for cortana.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Just a quick, probably dumb question, but how do I go about making sure my apps are up to date. I've read a lot of comments suggesting I update my apps. I've gone into the beta store, checked for updates, and waited....and waited. No updates. Am I missing something? :)
Thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Just a quick, probably dumb question, but how do I go about making sure my apps are up to date. I've read a lot of comments suggesting I update my apps. I've gone into the beta store, checked for updates, and waited....and waited. No updates. Am I missing something? :)
Thanks.

That is how it's done, used tap the update button a few times. You also can go to the normal store and check for updates.

nematombo15

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys. When you report a bug please include the device you use. Helps those who have similar devices check for that bug on theirs to see if it is a common bug for that type of model, common on models with that spec and for those who haven't updated to know what to expect. Those already listing their devices thank you.

renuzaki

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site

Build 10149.
Flashlight works in Lumia 1020. and for some reason after a while every freakin' time my wifi toggle lits up. Battery saver working shows time to charge and time left for complete charge although apps usage area is totally empty (even after using since yesterday) and battery drains faster than 8.1 cyan/denim. Store beta occasionally crashes. My keyboard keeps changing between US and UK idk why!
Glance background works but adding custom background doesn't.

Last edited:

Ishmam Ishtiaque

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

On my lumia 535, every download seems to be stuck on store beta. I tried canceling the updates and then manually searched them to download the apps, but the apps don't download!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss