W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giant panda1

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Can't see anything in battery saver app.... I want to block apps from running in background but the list in the saver app is blank. What should i do?

phoenixnine

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

I Installed the 10149 build on my Lumia 1020. Things are at times working well, and sometimes there is a noticeable lag of about a second or so.
the biggest gripe i have is the missing call logs. I cant see my previously dialed numbers. The worst is that if I receive a phone call on call-waiting and the other person disconnects, I can't see who it was that called. Anyone else having this issue or am I missing something.

The other problem is the phone heating up excessively with moderate use. The battery life is also really bad (I need to charge my phone atleast twice a day).

Alin Velea

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Can't see anything in battery saver app.... I want to block apps from running in background but the list in the saver app is blank. What should i do?

That app is useless, i don't know why it's still there. Try: Settings -> System -> Battery saver

aldruino

May 24, 2014
Visit site

If you are seeing Spartan and not Edge, something didn't download correctly. Spartan is nowhere to be seen in 10149. Does it say 10149 for the OS in your "about" screen?

Yes. It shows 10149. No updates on the store beta. I also tried searching the edge browser app on the store but itis not there.

Nikumba

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Running 10149 on my Nokia 925 seems to be ok only real issue I have encountered so far is with the camera, first photo I take if I go to look at it says it can not be viewed.

But feels nice and smooth so pretty happy

agaskew

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Afer a few days I have reverted to 8.1 on my 640. The email/calendar apps in Windows 10 are a step backwards in productivity for my needs. There were other bugs, set up of certain things was too fiddly and performance in general was a bit slow.
As it stands today, I cannot see any compelling reason to upgrade.

vinayak82

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 for Phones Bugs & Defects Thread

Here is a few more things that I've found. Has anyone else seen this?
1) Store Beta doesn't start. It hangs on the shopping bag and it closes down because it is taking too long to start.
2) In the App List if you try to search, after you enter the first letter, the keyboard goes away. If you tap on the search box the keyboard comes back up and you can then type normally.
3) Quite hours is blinking in the action center and I can't do anything with it. This could be related to the problem I mentioned in a previous post above that I can't setup Cortana.
4) There is no way that I've found how to have email notifications on the lock screen. Outlook Email is not on the list of options that I can select. This has been like that since build 10080 so it might be a problem with the Outlook Email itself and not the OS.

I installed build 10149 last evening no my 930 and am facing the issues as reported in the post above.

Another issue I am facing is that I am unable to view my call history. In 8.1, I could just open the Phone app and click the "recent" button to see the call history. After the upgrade, I do not see any buttons in the phone app.

A (nice??) feature I noticed is that when you hold the windows key, the whole screen drops down (similar to the Reachability option in the iOS) facilitating easier access.

Edit: Ok, so regarding the missing call history, I found that the phone app that came installed on my home screen windows 10 displays only the dial pad. However, the app list has the normal phone app with the call history, speed dial contacts and dial pad. And now, the dial pad supports smart dialling too.

Last edited:

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

Yes, slow charging, phone getting heated up and the battery is draining very fast.
Viewing few mails and using whatsapp, the phone gets heated.

Guess am reverting back to WP 8.1 :-(

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

Yes, slow charging, phone getting heated up and the battery is draining very fast.
Viewing few mails and using whatsapp, the phone gets heated.

Guess am reverting back to WP 8.1 :-(
Same problem here. But this build is nice. Very smooth. I dont want to go back to 8.1.. But due to slow charging i will have to... :(

bijuant

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

hi. cannot find the Office Applications after updating to build 10149. This is even after carrying out hard reset. Any solution?

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

You need to download Word, Excel and Power Point from Store (Beta). They are not pre installed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium