W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayanth_07

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Got an update alert for WhatsApp yesterday from the old Store, i clicked on update, after this WhatsApp has stopped working.

When i try to get WhatsApp from the new Store beta, it does not install, because of that error in the Store Beta, which the WP 10 team is working.

As of now i am not able to install both Skype and WhatsApp.

Also, the battery completely drained and charging is taking very long time. 56% charged in 3 hrs. The data connection usage has gone up suddenly, in a matter 3 hrs 60-70 mb is gone, i am surprised how come this is happening, given that i have stopped all the auto upload, download and sync.

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Wifi wont connect, tried soft reset still not working. I read a forum that hard resetting it wont help. I cant update since i cant connect to a wifi. Need help

Sreejith K S

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Wifi wont connect, tried soft reset still not working. I read a forum that hard resetting it wont help. I cant update since i cant connect to a wifi. Need help

Are you sure the issue is with your cell? May be you can try connecting to a different wifi or try restarting/resetting the wireless router.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

i also got sign in problem with ms account. it's perpetually showing "please wait". but a workaround is you have to sign in to ms account from another app, let's say store. try signing in to store beta, and it will tell you you need ms account. choose sign in and it will not even show the "please wait" sign. it will go directly to sign up page. and it went all fine.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

one major problem i got is i can't send and receive text message. i read that it is caused by gmail account. so i deleted it and poof i can receive and send texts after soft reset.

now i'm quite crippled without my gmail, because it's my main email account for work and my contacts are all there.

i extracted csv from gmail and uploaded to live account for the meantime. and i will try getting 3rd party gmail and see if that works.

Sabin V Abraham

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

I was getting this on my 635 until I realized I had scaled the text larger through the settings menu under ease of access..as soon as I reduced that the full text was visible and I could proceed. A bug for sure. You might want to check that.

Thanks a lot.. Me too was stuck here and your work around worked for me :)

TomSassen

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

I tried to set up a data limit. Now my phone keeps telling me I've reached the data limit even though it started today.
It has been doing this for a couple of days now and I get up to 5 notifications per minute. It doesn't matter if my data is turned on or off.
Is there anyone else who has this problem, or is there someone who knows how to fix it, because it is getting kind of annoying.
Thanks!

uniquesma

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

hi, my lumia 930 is not opening after my battery got drained. I have installed Technical preview 10. 10149. I have tried pressing all buttons combined as well as single button. nothing is working.
windows recovery tool is not detecting my phone as phone is in switched off condition.

abhirajsoni

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

hi, my lumia 930 is not opening after my battery got drained. I have installed Technical preview 10. 10149. I have tried pressing all buttons combined as well as single button. nothing is working.
windows recovery tool is not detecting my phone as phone is in switched off condition.
It happend with me. Left it on charging for few min. Still didnt happen anthing.. Then i soft reset it. And it worked.

Sreejith K S

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Yes i have a spare phone a nokia x2 and my wifi works perfectly

I face this wifi issue with my laptop where the driver wont work on every update. Overcame that with wifi dongle but never faced it with phone. Since soft/hard reset didn't work, going back to 8.1 and then updating to the latest might be the only way.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

Don't think I like how the start screen background works. It won't show the full image on the main start screen. When you swipe left to see list of apps, the background image moves. Should be able to see full image on that start screen, not have to swipe to see the rest of it

HXD

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Alright, I have another real one. Mobile Hotspot kicks clients when the screen turns off. And you can't connect to it unless you unlock the phone (Even though its visible for other devices) And if you unlock the screen and connect to it, it again kicks you out if the screen locks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo