W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Release new build that I can record video please. Lumia camera and camera cannot use video recording. Please release next build.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Is anyone getting a live tile with Groove Music? I'd heard people saying the last update to the app (the one that renamed it) brought a live tile with now playing info. I'm not seeing anything.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Is anyone getting a live tile with Groove Music? I'd heard people saying the last update to the app (the one that renamed it) brought a live tile with now playing info. I'm not seeing anything.

I'm facing numerous problems with groove and switched to 3rd party player and not going to touch it until the next update as I'm afraid it will screw-up my entire library again...

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

It looks like lot of people facing this quite serious and annoying problem with those endless start screen loading loops which when occurs makes phone practically useless as you can only access settings and eventually respond on notifications. The only fix that I found so far is changing background to none and restarting phone although it doesn't helps always...

BTW: In mean time I figured out that it is possible to run apps and games with help of Cortana/search button so situation isn't totally hopeless :)
a65e579aee2507c89b10450e904523a2.png

Ganesh Venkat

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Everyone out here! There is hope. Endless loading of start screen occurs only when show more tiles option is used. That is if you're experiencing the problem you can just go to start screen settings in personalisation and under that switch off the show more tiles toggle. That's it the endless loop will be gone forever.
But it will be back once you switch the toggle back on. Hopefully this bug will be ironed out in the upcoming build.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Everyone out here! There is hope.....

NO, it is not the source of the problem unfortunately, it's always off on my phone and I still having problems with loading, even after hard reset and setting image to none, currently I'm testing it with radically reduced number of tiles on full screen wallpaper and 11% tile transparency, so far, so good....

Ishmam Ishtiaque

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site

I need help. I thought the installation was stuck after waiting for half an hour, so i restarted my phone. After that, every time i turn on the phone i get the screen that shows the installation starting and then my phone restarts. How can i fix it?

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to get email to work properly if it's not an outlook/exchange account. For example, my Gmail and yahoo accts initially sync, but after the set up, I can't seem to send/receive from those accounts. My outlook and work email (exchange) seem to be fine.

Thoughts?

rikycaldeira

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone open all apps? I can't open windows central for example, and all of the settings under extras as well. Keeps telling me an update might be in the store.. I think it's only Silverlight apps that don't work, universal apps do open in general..

Willem van Kempen

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

On my Lumia 920 not a single app starts. I get a message, when I try to open settings for example, like "settings can nog be started. It's possible there is an update the available in the store". A similar message appears for every single app (third party or system app) that I want to open.

A hard reset will probably work but how do you trigger a hard reset manual?

Siddharth B

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

Seems like messaging notification settings disappeared from Notifications & Actions in build 10166. Unable to set private lock screen notification and unable to change the tone!

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

On my Lumia 920 not a single app starts. I get a message, when I try to open settings for example, like "settings can nog be started. It's possible there is an update the available in the store". A similar message appears for every single app (third party or system app) that I want to open.

A hard reset will probably work but how do you trigger a hard reset manual?

From the menus: Settings > System > About > Reset my phone

Via the hardware buttons (might be different on different handsets, look it up if this doesn't work): Power off, hold Volume Down until you see "!" on the screen, then VOLUME UP, VOLUME DOWN, POWER, VOLUME DOWN and wait while the phone reboots and begins the reinstallation process

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Still the damn glance screen not working here... Did a hard reset and nothing work.
same here on L830. after upgrade from 8.1 it was there but not functional. the phone wasn't usable after upgrade so I had to hard reset as expected. After that glance screen is gone.
When I use sysapp push the store reports it's already installed. It shows the option to "open" it. then it asks to restart now. After restart I can go through sysapp pusher, store and use the "open" glance screen within store app and change night mode....
cumbersome but OK since I rarely change those settings.

thanks for the tip Zulfigar!

Mike Pelini

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Upgraded from 8.1 on a Lumia 1520 and performed a hard reset. Everything working great after app updates except Groove Music. It is only showing about 5 artists from my SD card but showing my entire streaming collection. I have a music pass and would really like to be able to listen to my offline songs. Anyone have any luck fixing this?

Last edited:

canadoc

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

On the new build released yesterday. 1020 user. Lumia camera is gone and with the old store not there can no longer install it. Any idea? This is my main reason for this device is the Camera!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

DCTF

May 16, 2013
Visit site

On the new build released yesterday. 1020 user. Lumia camera is gone and with the old store not there can no longer install it. Any idea? This is my main reason for this device is the Camera!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's not missing on my phone. Chances are, you've got a problem because of updating without a hard reset, and old OS features are conflicting with new ones. Settings > System > About > Reset my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)