W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

I dont understand how come e new build can be worse then the previous... looks like no testing...

Who said it is worse? It is in comparable better if you ask me with only one serious bug that I managed to fix after reducing number of tiles on start screen...

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else having problems even getting the store to open? Between that and Facebook not loading in the people hub, I may just rollback since I still don't know when band functionality will come

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site

I have 10166 running on my 1520, 640, and Icon, all were of course hard reset. They all 3 have this in common:

1) Can't adjust the glance screen settings, the glance screen app tried to update and install but failed. My glance screen settings came over from my backup and it works, but the settings don't appear in the control panel.

2) Can't hear any text notifications, can't even figure out HTF to even change the tone for the texts. VERY annoying!

3) The Outlook mail app is still a POS. Crashes all the time and only even syncs with Gmail the very first time I set it up. I have to keep deleting the account and re-adding it! I'll have to download a 3rd party Gmail app just because of this problem. This renders my calendar useless though :(

I also had a lock screen issue on my 1520 after Pandora. If I pause Pandora then try to log in, I enter my digits and nothing. If I log in BEFORE pausing Pandora, it works. This was via streaming BT.

The Office preview apps won't install on my 640, keeps saying errors on their end. Yeah that's bloody helpful.

Allot of the Verizon apps on the Icon fail, probably a good thing lol. myAT&T app crashes when I try to run it, who cares.

TruCaller doesn't work.

Aside from that, seems barely OK. Lags like a mofo on all 3 phones and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells so something doesn't crash lol.

Basically the fun of BETA testing :D

Last edited:

Mike Pelini

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

I got to my glance screen settings, on a 1520, by using SysApp Pusher. Then I was able to edit them even though the setting didin't appear under the "Extras" menu.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

2) Can't hear any text notifications, can't even figure out HTF to even change the tone for the texts. VERY annoying!

Settings/System/Notifications & Actions. Then under Show notifications from These Apps, click on "Messaging" (It's not obvious that it is a link) and then select Notification Sound.

Your other points I agree with, though the Outlook problem seems to be specific to Gmail so I just don't use my Gmail for now as it is just a secondary e-mail address for me. It works fine with Exchange or Outlook/Hotmail.

anguilla1980

May 1, 2008
Visit site

Settings/System/Notifications & Actions. Then under Show notifications from These Apps, click on "Messaging" (It's not obvious that it is a link) and then select Notification Sound.

Hahahaha, ok yeah you have to touch the screen towards the left by the icon for the setting to appear, aweful piece of design work there lol! Thanks!

phito

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site

When I try to record a voice note in Whatsapp or in Voice Recorder even in Lumia Camera the sound in muted. These only occurs on Windows 10 Mobile (build 10.0.10166) on a Lumia 930.

Any suggestion?

canadoc

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

It's not missing on my phone. Chances are, you've got a problem because of updating without a hard reset, and old OS features are conflicting with new ones. Settings > System > About > Reset my phone.

please upload a pic then because it is widely reported that lumia camera is gone and is not available in the new store to be reinstalled.

scooby boom7

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

when i swipe to the left from my start screen i cant see any apps in my app list. Its empty though there are over 150 apps instaled. Fix please? :(

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

I update my 930 from 10149 to 10166 then I did a hard reset and I have both Lumia Camera and Microsoft camera.

chickentikka

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Wow, alot better than the 49 build! Only issue so far I have is Cortana, does not work when holding the button on my band for notes and other stuff. No hey Cortana either and that sucks. UK L930

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site

Wow, alot better than the 49 build! Only issue so far I have is Cortana, does not work when holding the button on my band for notes and other stuff. No hey Cortana either and that sucks. UK L930

can you reply to texts from the microsoft band?​

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

Both my 830 and 1520 are stuck on black "loading..." or "resuming..." screen after 10166 update and usual hard reset. This happens after turning off the phone and turning it back on. Also lost glance screen on 1520.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720