W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abrar ahamed

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Try setting the wallpaper keeping your phone in horizontal position and switch off the rotation lock before doing that.. Helped me dont know abt you..

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

Did you add Gmail via Outlook or another app? I can't get the Accept button to work on the Permission page at the end of the process - it's completely unresponsive, and I need my gmail account :(

help please!

When adding your Gmail account and you get to the Permission accept page make sure not to scroll to far up. Just scroll the page until you see the accept button.

eds817

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I can't seem to get email to work properly if it's not an outlook/exchange account. For example, my Gmail and yahoo accts initially sync, but after the set up, I can't seem to send/receive from those accounts. My outlook and work email (exchange) seem to be fine.

Thoughts?

Yahoo is working fine but my Gmail won't sync.

Albert_Elliot

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

Any one with the "...app cant be opened. An App Update may be avalable in the store" bug? I cant open any apps, not even settings

macbrink

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I started with a fresh 8.1 Lumia Denim. Installed Windows Insider and updated my Phone. I did not restore the 8.1 backup. Problem is now it won't connect to my PC to restore with the Lumia Software recovery tool....

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

"Loading" loop every I'm boot/restart my Lumia 520 and then start screen appear although I had to wait 2-5 minutes

There is a solution?
I removed all apps so everything fits to a single page and removed all folders. That fixed it for me. Still investigating what exactly triggers this by adding and rebooting now....

edit1: I've added more apps and folders for now and didn't get the ...loading... screen yet. Maybe it's a single app that doesn't like to be nested in a folder or something similarly simple...

Last edited:

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site

I am on Windows Phone 8.1 and want test Windows 10 mobile but want to know....which build will i get at first , will it be an direct pathway to build 10166 or will i get build by build upgrade?

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

I am on Windows Phone 8.1 and want test Windows 10 mobile but want to know....which build will i get at first , will it be an direct pathway to build 10166 or will i get build by build upgrade?
If you haven't started any Windows Insider fast or slow path yet you will directly get to the latest build

Harmdizzle

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

I have 10166 running on my 1520, 640, and Icon, all were of course hard reset. They all 3 have this in common:

1) Can't adjust the glance screen settings, the glance screen app tried to update and install but failed. My glance screen settings came over from my backup and it works, but the settings don't appear in the control panel.

2) Can't hear any text notifications, can't even figure out HTF to even change the tone for the texts. VERY annoying!

3) The Outlook mail app is still a POS. Crashes all the time and only even syncs with Gmail the very first time I set it up. I have to keep deleting the account and re-adding it! I'll have to download a 3rd party Gmail app just because of this problem. This renders my calendar useless though :(

I also had a lock screen issue on my 1520 after Pandora. If I pause Pandora then try to log in, I enter my digits and nothing. If I log in BEFORE pausing Pandora, it works. This was via streaming BT.

The Office preview apps won't install on my 640, keeps saying errors on their end. Yeah that's bloody helpful.

Allot of the Verizon apps on the Icon fail, probably a good thing lol. myAT&T app crashes when I try to run it, who cares.

TruCaller doesn't work.

Aside from that, seems barely OK. Lags like a mofo on all 3 phones and I feel like I'm walking on eggshells so something doesn't crash lol.

Basically the fun of BETA testing :D

i just noticed that i'm not hearing or seeing any text msg notification either. does anyone else have this issue?

*edit - i'm on a 930 that did a hard reset after installing 10166.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm on a 930 and I had no issues setting up other accounts in outlook.

My issue is with Cortana. She will read messages and allow you to reply, BUT....if you instruct Cortana to " message xxxxxxx", you get the 'closing' chimes and the screen reverts to the lock screen.

Everything else, for me is buttery smooth.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Cannot share mobile using mobile hotspot, and still no usb tethering nl630 dual sim. One sim is for mobile broadband only.

No email notifications, not in the notifications and actions

The store needs panel beating, more clicks to get to what used to be My Apps.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Can anyone tell me if Microsoft Edge has become a store app yet to be updated independent of OS? In this build?

mtry

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

I removed all apps so everything fits to a single page and removed all folders. That fixed it for me. Still investigating what exactly triggers this by adding and rebooting now....

edit1: I've added more apps and folders for now and didn't get the ...loading... screen yet. Maybe it's a single app that doesn't like to be nested in a folder or something similarly simple...

Hey, i had this same annoying loading start screen issue. Albeit mine is worse, it just keep loading no matter how long i wait. I notice this bug happened to my 1020 after i was playing around with my start screen option. The good thing is, i have a temporary fix for this bug.. well, sort of.

What i did was just switching back and forth between the 3 start screen options, None - Tile picture - Full screen picture and the start screen will show up again. It works for my case.

Oh just like what you said, i also think this bug has something to do with how many tiles and folders we put on start screen. Mine is a hell lots of them, maybe that's why my start screen bug is way much worse :grincry:

Win data dude

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Main bugs and bug fixes in 10149

I upgraded to 10166 from 1049 on Lumia 920, the problems with the store and the apps updates are fixed but some times the start screen cannot load. even when restarting and once entering the pin, I see black screen with loading for long time then sometimes leaving the phone for few minutes fixes it and sometimes I have to do multiple restarts to finally fix it. Anyone sees the same with lumia 920? shall I hard reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire