W10M Insider Bugs & Defects Thread (pre 10586.164)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchaikie

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10166 : BUGS Thread

Build 10166 has been a serious challenge for me. My start screen refused to load. I did a hard reset and then I disabled lock screen, and reduced the number of tiles on the start screen. It seems to work fine so far.

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: BUILD 10149 : BUGS Thread

I've uninstalled the Health app then it kept failing a re-install, I'm still trying to re-install it again and I will report an update.

Going back to a discussion from earlier in the thread, I've taken the plunge with build 10166. I did a complete hard reset and didn't restore from backups, but having installed Health from scratch and repaired, my (UK) band seems to be working pretty well (notifications all coming through, etc.). A couple of oddities, though:

- Cortana is not getting notifications/updates on the band
- I can't change the order of tiles on the band using the MS Health app - I go to the screen, press and hold to select a tile, but can't drag it around the "line"!

Neither of these are ship stoppers for me (I'll stick with W10 for now), but it'd be interesting to know if others are seeing the same.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

Build 10166 has been a serious challenge for me. My start screen refused to load. I did a hard reset and then I disabled lock screen, and reduced the number of tiles on the start screen. It seems to work fine so far.
Well known issue, it is all over the board, reducing number of tiles indeed helps a lot but when it appears you can try to get ridof by setting background to none...

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

Well known issue, it is all over the board, reducing number of tiles indeed helps a lot but when it appears you can try to get ridof by setting background to none...

I ended up having to do a complete hard reset and not restore from backup so that I had a "clean" start screen. Since then it's been pretty good though (and there is something strangely cathartic about starting from a clean slate again - makes me realise how many apps and games I had installed that I just didn't need/want!).

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site

[Apologies if this has been mentioned already - I did a search but couldn't see it...]

Anyone seen an issue where trying to interact with Outlook calendar notifications on the lock screen causes the phone to hang? I had an appointment reminder pop up and tried to dismiss it and the phone just completely hung on the lock screen - I had to long press power to switch it off. Same happened a second time once the phone had rebooted.

It may be related to not having unlocked the phone - after the second reboot I was able to clear the notification OK having unlocked.

Anyone else seeing this?

tredmanz

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone have automatic upload to onedrive for photos working?

The new setting in the onedrive app shows this is enabled, but the photos just never seem to be uploaded. They are stored on my SD card, ig that makes any difference?

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

This build is terribly unstable, while smoother than the last it freezes all the time. I could handle the last build on my primary device but this one is too unstable.

Waylon Payne

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

[Apologies if this has been mentioned already - I did a search but couldn't see it...]

Anyone seen an issue where trying to interact with Outlook calendar notifications on the lock screen causes the phone to hang? I had an appointment reminder pop up and tried to dismiss it and the phone just completely hung on the lock screen - I had to long press power to switch it off. Same happened a second time once the phone had rebooted.

It may be related to not having unlocked the phone - after the second reboot I was able to clear the notification OK having unlocked.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, it happens on my 930 :-(

Dirk Bromberg

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site

After a good upgrade from 8.1 to 10 with my Lumia 820 yesterday i had no transparent tiles. So i tried a hard reset in the morning with the result of an endless loop at booting. I now want to reset by Phone Recovery Tool 2.1.1 but is says: Could not connect to server... is MS offline for this tool? Last weekend it worked well... with a try of 10149 revert back to 8.1.. Is there a offline way the revert to Phone 8.1?

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site

This build is terribly unstable, while smoother than the last it freezes all the time. I could handle the last build on my primary device but this one is too unstable.
Quite opposite experience here, using it on my primary device, no huge problems at all, as a mater of fact I like it, the best build so far, fast, fluid and not su buggy...

harry2345

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

After a good upgrade from 8.1 to 10 with my Lumia 820 yesterday i had no transparent tiles. So i tried a hard reset in the morning with the result of an endless loop at booting. I now want to reset by Phone Recovery Tool 2.1.1 but is says: Could not connect to server... is MS offline for this tool? Last weekend it worked well... with a try of 10149 revert back to 8.1.. Is there a offline way the revert to Phone 8.1?

For me it also isn't able to connect to the server, I hope this will be fixed soon

vivekgiri_7

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Mobile Bugs & Defects Thread

Its seems, Cortana still doesn't have voice in this build too ! -_-
(U.S format)
Anyone here with same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads